SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

picking harness help

Go down 
+11
Gimpy
sstandefer
reevesr
MainstreaM
Big-R
Goose
pit dog
Foxfire
BIG D 57
PWM
Mudcon
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Mudcon
SSXSRider Member
Mudcon

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2009-10-12

picking harness help Empty
PostSubject: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:46 am

having a hard time choosing between 4 pt and 5 pt and 2 inch or 3 inch harnesses. what is everyone running and what are differences and pros and cons of both? is 4pt or 5 pt harder to get in and out of on cooler checks?

and last what is the besT brand to get?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudcon.com
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:51 am

I had the same delima and everyone I talked to said 4 point 2 inch. I really like them.

As far as brand, I chose Cross and I am happy with them as well.
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:26 am

ditto crow,
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:27 am

That's what I have 4 pt.....2". Works very well.
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 6:35 pm

Get the padded ones. I have 2 in crows.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:23 pm

four point 2" with pads from Clayboy. They work very well.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:56 pm

PWM wrote:
I had the same delima and everyone I talked to said 4 point 2 inch. I really like them.

As far as brand, I chose Cross and I am happy with them as well.

The majority of people will tell you the same thing, 4 point 2 inch. Also, make sure you get the padded ones.

I have 4 point 3 inch Crow.
Back to top Go down
Mudcon
SSXSRider Member
Mudcon

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:22 pm

why did you pick 3 inch big? good god I have had all over the board. most from what I am getting on other forums are saying 3 in padded. most had two and went to three and will not go back. I dont know what to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudcon.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:40 pm

Mudcon wrote:
why did you pick 3 inch big? good god I have had all over the board. most from what I am getting on other forums are saying 3 in padded. most had two and went to three and will not go back. I dont know what to do.

I went with the three inch because I thought it would hurt less if I was to roll over. I think my theory is right. lol! However, I have never owned two inch to compare....

I like the padded three inch. They are very comfortable and look cool too Laughing
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:07 pm

I should have said padded.

Clay talked me into the 2" over the 3".
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
MainstreaM

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:37 am

I got a set of 2 inch four points from SuperATV. They're not as fancy as crow and others but I don't plan on crashing this thing at high speed in the TN mountains. I'm more worried about staying in the cab in case of a rollover. They are 100 bucks a set and if you head over to Teryxforums they are offering free shipping on new years day on top of a 10% discount for forum members.

Kane
Back to top Go down
reevesr
SSXSRider Member
reevesr

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 11:08 am

When we had the Rhino we had 3", padded 4 point Crow, they rubbed the neck. When we got the RZR we had 2" padded 4 point Crow. I then added the sub belt because the lap belt kept riding up, this happens whenever you pull the sholder straps tight.

We now have DragonFire 3" padded 5 point harnesses and they are the most comfortable we have had. Even the wife agrees with me on this.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 4:32 pm

reevesr wrote:
......... Even the wife agrees with me on this.

Wow..... affraid
Back to top Go down
reevesr
SSXSRider Member
reevesr

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:39 pm

We are to old to disagree on minor things anymore. lol!
Back to top Go down
sstandefer
SSXSRider Member
sstandefer

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:27 pm

I run 2 inch padded 4pt crow, main reason I got heck of a buy from guy on RZR Forum. I don't see need for 3 inch but by all means get padded. If I was ridding the doons I would have 5 pt but in the mountains no.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:15 pm

4 point, 2" padded Crows from Clayboy

picking harness help Dsc00407uw

picking harness help Dsc00406x

Last edited by Gimpy on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
ewolfe
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-12-04

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:27 am

I had the 2" Super ATV ones for a while and then I upgraded to the DFR 3" padded ones...NIGHT and DAY difference in comfort and ease of use. The DFRs are unbelievably comfortable, but a bit of a hassle to get in and out of...the Super ATVs are not as nearly as comfortable, but it takes only seconds to get in and out of and adjust...

So, depending on how you use your bike, take that into consideration. If I was running around on the street a lot or using the bike where I needed to get in and out a lot...think twice about DFRs or Crows or any of the really nice belts that are designed to keep you put, not use like a car belt for quick ins and outs.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 9:54 pm

Sorry I had 3". Just corrected it to 2".
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:33 am

I have the 4pt 2" padded crow and love them very comfortable in my opinion. I would also suggest getting the clip on hardware that way you can take them out whenever you need to for other reasons. picking harness help 32749
Back to top Go down
yard_dawg

yard_dawg

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:15 am

Padded 4 pt , 2" got'em on all 4 seats.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:19 pm

I've got 4pt, 2" padded, crow brand. I got the 2" because I didn't want huge thick straps on me in the summer. To be honest 99% of the time I just wear the lap belt part and leave the shoulder straps off. I don't like not being able to lean when the machine is close to tipping. I also have trouble looking around me with the shoulder straps on. I have came close to turning over Because of them lol. I have went over a couple times with just the lap belt on and had no problem staying in place. My wife was even hanging from hers.. I think the shoulder straps are needed more for higher speed or large hills where you might roll several times picking up speed..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: picking harness help   picking harness help Empty

Back to top Go down

picking harness help
Page 1 of 1