SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Velocity Devices ECU is in production!

Go down 
+4
Big-R
Clayboy
AIRBORNE
wvyankee2
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Velocity Devices ECU is in production! Empty
PostSubject: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 11:47 am

The new complete plug and play ECU for the 700 Rhino is in production and is set to go for sale on Sept. 1st. It is claiming 21-28% power gain. You can read about it at their web site below. From the Home page click on Projects at the top of the page.

http://www.velocitydevices.com/
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 12:02 pm

Roger. Talked to Lyle late last week. He said the power difference is unreal. I can't wait to bolt it in the new 700 Rhino and sling some gravel!! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 12:08 pm

I may have to get a 700 drive HatWave Yahoo
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 12:21 pm

You can probably get a 08 for around 9k or a little less now that the 09s are in. Yours is nice with all the stuff you have on it. I bet you could get a nice amount for it. I am glad I went ahead and got the 700. The guy tried to talk me into a 660, but I said no. I am sure by the time mine is paid off there will be a V-twin Rhino in the works (I hope).
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 2:32 pm

We will have the VDI ECU when it comes out! Still waiting on the price though.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 4:21 pm

Clayboy wrote:

cheers
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 10:17 pm

Clayboy wrote:

cheers I wont the first one you get. I will drive my A$$ to Winchester to get it.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 3:15 am

Big-R wrote:
Clayboy wrote:

cheers I wont the first one you get. I will drive my A$$ to Winchester to get it.

Good deal! If anyone else wants one for sure, please let me know because they are going to call me when they are ready and get an order. I have no idea how long it will take to get them from Canada.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 3:58 am

Clay, Lyle will have them to you in less than a week once they are ready, maybe faster. Mine took 2-3 days from the time he called me from Canada. He called me on Friday to get the card info and I had it Monday evening. He is GREAT to do business with, and he stands behind his products!! GO VDI!!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 12:58 pm

Now this is one you just plug in and go. Right?
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 1:35 pm

Yes. You remove your factory ECU and this one replaces it. No splicing of any wires. Plug and play. It would be a very smart move to carry your factory ECU on the trail in case the VDI should give out. It has happened, but only to a couple of people I have seen post about it. Lyle is TOP NOTCH and he stands behind his stuff. He puts months of R&D into a project before releasing it. I can't wait to try it in mine.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 12:33 pm

FYI guys:

Hunterworks wrote:
Got ahold of Lyle at Velocity Devices and ask about the new ECU for the 700 Rhino. It had been reported here that they said it added 10hp and I had to call, could not figure that one out.

Lyle told me it did and so I believed him. He must have done it again and came back with a different number which is 2hp which is much more like it. He told me there was a bad component on the Dyno they just found out about.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 1:07 pm

Even so, 2hp is a good gain. I would stake my name on the VDI making you very happy with the performance of your Rhino. Also, he continues to develop different maps for different setups, even after it's released. All you have to do is load the latest map, or one someone else comes up with.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 1:11 pm

21 to 28% HP increase seemed to good to be true. On the other hand, it's hard to believe he could only sqeeze 2 more HP out of it. Bottom line is I would like to see 2 stock Rhino 700's lined up, one with the Dynatek and one with the VDI. Just to see whether the VDI is worth the extra $250.00.

VDI has not changed any of the original claims on their web site or on Nyroc yet? 😕
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 1:19 pm

I did not think that he was claiming 28% HP increase, but rather an increase of up to 28% in certain areas of the power range. All those numbers confuse me. All I know is that the box increased the throttle response and power on my King, and they said it is just as good on the Rhino. You never can judge till you ride it yourself. Some guys on NYROC swear by the VDI, some say it is not worth it. Myself, I like it. I would like to see them compared side-to-side as well. Like I said, he will continue to work on maps to get more efficiency out of the unit.
The Dynatek would be a good buy too from what I have read, but if you want to have the timing and fuel adjustment, I think the price is about even.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:31 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
............... Just to see whether the VDI is worth the extra $250.00.

Marty, try 500 bucks unless I read wrong. affraid
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 8:59 pm

Just get a Dynetek. mine works great. 220 from hunter works.

Just ask Marty...... cheers

Chris.... allright
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 9:32 pm

Big-R wrote:
wvyankee2 wrote:

Worth the $250.00 more than the Dynatek costs.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:44 pm

if it proves to be worth $500 , i will buy one.
but it is a new production. and there is usualy bugs in new
electronic parts.

My 700 has more power jacked up with 27 mudlite XTR's
with the dynetek than it did stock with stock 25's
and it just flat runs better..... allright
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 11:24 pm

Trust me, if there are any bugs to be worked out of the VDI, Lyle will do it. Not only that, but he continues to do R&D for the units after the sale. He puts updated maps on his website for people to try. Their customer service is second to none as well. But that is just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 10:00 am

wvyankee2 wrote:
Big-R wrote:
wvyankee2 wrote:

Worth the $250.00 more than the Dynatek costs.

I see allright
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 3:32 pm

Well VDI finally changed the performance results to confirm what Hunterworks has listed on their site. Looks like a 2.5 HP gain over stock. Thats pretty disappointing to me. I guess Yamaha had these pretty stroked out of the factory with the exception of the rev limiter. We will have to see what can be had with a pipe and the VDI mapping to see what if any more can be gained. To me, $200.00 per HP is pretty steep to pay for a performance Mod. That is why I never get an exhaust. Not worth the $ spent for HP gain.

Velocity Devices ECU is in production! Rhino700dynomw2
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 1:09 am

Eat
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 9:39 pm

Man thats a hell of a swing.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 9:42 pm

nocerisdave wrote:
Man thats a hell of a swing.

is it worth 500 bucks DontKnow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Velocity Devices ECU is in production!   Velocity Devices ECU is in production! Empty

Back to top Go down

Velocity Devices ECU is in production!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next