SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Todays hare scramble at Wilborns

Go down 
+5
sharpshooter
kykult64
Admin
ChrisC
nocerisdave
9 posters
AuthorMessage
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Todays hare scramble at Wilborns Empty
PostSubject: Todays hare scramble at Wilborns   Todays hare scramble at Wilborns EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 10:01 pm

Had a blast today at Wilborns during the UTV race! I came in third in the 700 and under class......but paid the price.

Todays hare scramble at Wilborns Photo_083108_002

Notice there is a black hood on my rhino over my normal green.....I was one of the plastics winners by name drawing. As you can see I will need funds for the front end which is royaly screwed. I felt the right side pop on the third lap but keep on going.....by the time I got on the 4th lap I was down to 10 - 15 MPH. Yes I should of stoped and DNFed but I always have to learn the hard and expensive way....On the bright side....Im getting new stuff!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Todays hare scramble at Wilborns   Todays hare scramble at Wilborns EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 10:13 pm

Dave you better get to work. you only have 18 days before
kentucky....... cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Todays hare scramble at Wilborns   Todays hare scramble at Wilborns EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 10:51 pm

why to go dave..

i drove all the way there..tested the track..and decided not to race..not my style racing
Back to top Go down
kykult64

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Todays hare scramble at Wilborns   Todays hare scramble at Wilborns EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 12:51 pm

I had a blast too. I thought that the track was a lot of fun and the people were very friendly. I didn't know what to expect driving down there and not knowing anyone. I will deffinately be back. I hope that they have another race.

Josh
Back to top Go down
sharpshooter

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Todays hare scramble at Wilborns   Todays hare scramble at Wilborns EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 7:48 pm

I want to thank all the drivers that came out and supported this event
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Todays hare scramble at Wilborns   Todays hare scramble at Wilborns EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 7:56 pm

Way to go Dave....

At lest you have new plastics.. cool Looks good
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Todays hare scramble at Wilborns   Todays hare scramble at Wilborns EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 1:04 am

Way to go Dave....................Tree??? I would suspect.........Nick what was up??
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Todays hare scramble at Wilborns   Todays hare scramble at Wilborns EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 1:59 am

just to narrow for my taste
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Todays hare scramble at Wilborns   Todays hare scramble at Wilborns EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 2:00 am

what broke?????? affraid
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
crash dummy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Todays hare scramble at Wilborns   Todays hare scramble at Wilborns EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 11:41 am

We thought the track was great. Had a good difficulty to it. Uphill, downhill,mud, tight areas,trees lots of rocks. I thought it had something for everyone to enjoy. Loved the park even though we didn't see much. We will be back for sure!
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Todays hare scramble at Wilborns   Todays hare scramble at Wilborns EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 12:09 am

I hit a rock off camber at about 15mph. I heard a pop when it happened, on the 3rd of 5 laps. After some inspection.....it looks like my disk came loose and it snowballed from there. My diff looks ok but looks like about $600.00-$800.00 in damage.....at first look. I will need everything except the rim, tire, and clamps. The rest is fubar-ed. The right side is bearings only. I quess trying to pull the right side was too much load on the left and the bearings gave out. So bearings only on the left side. Expensive lessen on when to stop, huh.

Todays hare scramble at Wilborns 20272_frontwheel2
Back to top Go down
RhinoRodney

RhinoRodney

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Todays hare scramble at Wilborns   Todays hare scramble at Wilborns EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 9:07 am

Did you get it put back together? Wondering if you used stock parts or aftermarket?
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Todays hare scramble at Wilborns   Todays hare scramble at Wilborns EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 11:03 am

I ordered stock. $202.00 will fix it with stock parts. Not as much damage as I first thought. Probably should have order an aftermarket knuckle, but didnt.
Back to top Go down
RhinoRodney

RhinoRodney

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Todays hare scramble at Wilborns   Todays hare scramble at Wilborns EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 2:25 pm

yea some of the aftermarket parts are high price, dont know if its worth all the bucks.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Todays hare scramble at Wilborns   Todays hare scramble at Wilborns EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 8:57 pm

If I had long travel.....I would probably use the aftermarket. The damaged parts OEM ones are good enough for my riding. I just need to stop when I know something is wrong. Lesson learned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Todays hare scramble at Wilborns   Todays hare scramble at Wilborns Empty

Back to top Go down

Todays hare scramble at Wilborns
Page 1 of 1