SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe?

Go down 
+3
Neuromax
ChrisC
Tiger Rag
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe?   Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 12:43 pm

are you talking about a cv gurad? are they the same thing or is it something completly different your talkin about?
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe?   Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 1:57 pm

Shawnley he is talking about the A-arm guard
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe?   Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 4:06 pm

i dunno why but i just cant think of what it is or what it looks like????
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe?   Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 5:02 pm

shawnley1222 wrote:
i dunno why but i just cant think of what it is or what it looks like????

It is the aluminum Riccochet skid plates. You have the stock plastic ones in the pictures in your signature. It does guard the cv going into the wheel though.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe?   Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 11:54 pm

thats what i thougt i have got aluminum ones now Wink mine dont seem to make any noise though scratch
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe?   Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 9:54 am

shawnley1222 wrote:
thats what i thougt i have got aluminum ones now Wink mine dont seem to make any noise though scratch

You may have yours mouted (properly) without them butting against another surface which is what I suspect is the issue on mine (although I cannot see them touching anymore). Mine are probably older so they may have trimmed the surface area back some by the time you bought yours....if they are Ricochet that is. Yours may be the Yamaha skids.

It is completely possible that I have a seperate issue although I did make the squeak go away on the passenger side by adjusting.

One of the allen bolts has a stripped head on it so I may just have to cut a slot for a screwdriver with a cutting wheel. That way I can pull it all the way off and see if there is a still a squeak left. The weird thing is I thought I had it not squeaking the other day when I went to adjust them....must have moved when I tightened it down. I can't remember, I was on the phone while I was doing it so maybe I just need to focus on the task at hand. I'm not much of a multi tasker, lol.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe?   Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 1:29 am

Mine are from HW could be the reason why i aint having problems with squeaking Wink
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe?   Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 9:42 pm

shawnley1222 wrote:
Mine are from HW could be the reason why i aint having problems with squeaking Wink

I just looked at HW skids and they do look different than the Ricochet's. A lot of what Todd carries is the same as other mfgr's but they appear different to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe?   Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Creaking type noise in steering on Rhino....balljoints maybe?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2