SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Burning Rock Park

Go down 
+2
bush
BigMotts
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 11:19 pm

Is there any interest in riding there on opening day? I think its the weekend of the 17-18th of October.I am itching to go riding somewhere new and after driving past once,I really want to go.Any takers?
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 11:56 pm

i might could the next weekend! have to work the weekend of the 17-19.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 11:59 pm

that might work too,im open to whenever as long as I get in a ride before it startts freezing,lol
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 12:04 am

that what im thinking.

i am going to the wagon wheel sat
Back to top Go down
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 12:22 am

I wish i could ride this weekend or next but we have wedding a and a dinner we have to attend.I am going to see if one of local guys around my way wants to come but it might just be me,by myself.( for burning rock)
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 12:35 am

how much is it to ride for a day
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 12:41 am

hey rottenrhino..post a pic of your ride..it looks nice
Back to top Go down
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 1:35 am

here ya go wheelin,I am not done with it yet.I have a ton of stuff to install that i havent had time to do yet.

Burning Rock Park DSCN1203

Burning Rock Park DSCN1202
Back to top Go down
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 1:40 am

Permit Prices
In-State Permits are $25.00 plus tax

In-State family permits are $60.00 (plus tax) for 3 & $10 (plus tax) for each additional (must be married household family)

Out of State Permits are $50.00 plus tax
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 1:49 am

damn i want those doors
Back to top Go down
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 2:02 am

IMO,they were worth every penny.....it gives me the perfect height to rest my arm when im driving or just chillin.......I need to get them powdercoated white to match the body.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 2:19 am

50 affraid
Back to top Go down
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 2:24 am

yeah but its good till the end of the year....i guess that would be ok if we were buying it in january,lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 2:37 am

wanna sell them? i need some bad..
Back to top Go down
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 2:41 am

nah I just got them in june....then I would be doorless,haha

contact jimmyzz on RF.net he usually has the hook up on them.they retail for 550 but he has them for 450 most of the time.they are sturdy as hell .I can sit on top of them without bending them and I weigh 225.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 4:15 am

I thought that place opened on the fourth of July, unless I am mistaken. You are talking about the place near Beckley, WV?
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:28 am

LT- you're right it did....kinda.the "real" grand opening is OCt 17-18 according to the website.But youre still right ,it was openend for business when I rode by it in August,but I am not sure that it was open to everyone.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 10:19 am

http://www.atvwv.com/

Check out this site. Lots of guys have been talking about this place. I am hoping to get to check it out next year sometime. Wagon Wheel is in the chute before this place though.
Back to top Go down
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 10:52 am

nice site.im already ready to go ......i might just have to move to wva so i can ride more
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 12:47 pm

WV is good for a lot of outdoor stuff.......riding, fishing, hunting, skiing, mountain biking, whitewater rafting (speaking of.....I am missing Gauley Season as we speak Sad )
The one bad thing is jobs are not as plentiful there as some other places. I would love to land something there to be back home in those beautiful WV hills ☀
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 1:40 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
WV is good for a lot of outdoor stuff.......riding, fishing, hunting, skiing, mountain biking, whitewater rafting (speaking of.....I am missing Gauley Season as we speak Sad )
The one bad thing is jobs are not as plentiful there as some other places. I would love to land something there to be back home in those beautiful WV hills ☀

Airborne LT. Lots of job opportunitys here now in the Chemical plants and Power Plants. Your just the kind of guy they are looking for.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:00 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Airborne LT wrote:

Airborne LT. Lots of job opportunitys here now in the Chemical plants and Power Plants. Your just the kind of guy they are looking for.

My ears are perked. We need to talk more on this. I am seriously weighing my options. I can get out in May. I have been leaning towards staying in, but some stupid poo yesterday just pissed me off to no end. By the time I get home it will almost 14 months gone (not to mention I was First-In and going to be a month later getting home than everyone else!) and I was talking about the things I was planning for March, April and June. You know it is common sense that I would want to travel a little bit and take my family on vacation coco , but they start talking about how I should not make plans, and I should base my leave around the "block leave" schedule. Block leave starts on 2 Jan and goes till 15 Feb...........oh, that is right.........they are going home on 15 Dec and I am going home on 22 Jan. How the hell am I supposed to plan my leave in a that small of a window, not to mention the fact that it is the DEAD of winter. Why would I want to burn my leave as soon as I hit the ground? I want to take my wife and kid to the beach, and February is not exactly beach weather. I had to vent..........okay, I am done.
The way it looks now, I am going to have to kiss some major Butt to get my leave approved for April and June. I guess I will have to sound like a whiner to get to take leave days that I earned by being away from my family for over a f...ing year. 2cents
Back to top Go down
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Go Awol......jk
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 12:17 am

Yeah, that won't happen.........but I had to be a little miffed about that bullshit. I got here three weeks earlier than most everyone and going home a month later than everyone and they tell me to plan my leave in that three week period only WTF???
Back to top Go down
RickV

RickV

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 8:04 am

Burning Rock had a soft opening on july 4th and the big grand opening is October 17-18. I just got back from working in Beckley for the last three weeks and rode the"Rock" almost every evening after work. I rode almost all of the trails and they are great. Brian, the director, and Jerry, at the trail head are super people. Last week they were building the campground and put down almost 3000 ton of gravel. This week they were supposed to get a dozer and cut something like 8 new trails. All of the trails are open to SxS except for 93, 95, and 99; the only reason those are not is they are to narrow. 93 is extremely tight, I had a hard time getting my YZ through it! If you are looking for mud you have to do 39. If any one is on a utility quad 95 is a must do. My favorite trails are 32, 40, 58, 51, 69, and 72. Check it out I am sure you won't be dissapointed. The Rock is easy to find, take 16S (exit 42) off of I-77, this is a five lane road and is a business district, you will come to an exit for Sophia and Mullens, go past this exit under the sign that says local traffic only, a couple miles you will see a road on the left called McKinney Mountain Road, make a left on it, go 0.9 miles and you will come to a stop sign, hang a right and the "Rock" is 0.5 miles down the mountain. Total of 8.5 miles off of the I-77 exit 42.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Burning Rock Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park Empty

Back to top Go down

Burning Rock Park
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next