SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Burning Rock Park

Go down 
+2
bush
BigMotts
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Burning Rock Park - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 9:20 am

Rick, how would you describe the trails as far as difficulty and technical stuff?
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
RickV

RickV

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 9:58 am

LT, there is something there for everyone. Their website iswww.burningrockwv.com they have a trail map posted on the site. The trails are well marked and laid out like HM trails, Green for beginners mostly flat and smooth, blue itermediate usually have steeper terrain and rougher, black for advanced which range from steep as a cows face to rocky or tight technical trails. As I spoke in the earlier post they are cutting some new trails, I heard talk one or more of them is going to be double black. Right now they have somewhere around 65-70 miles of trails but 2 or 3 of them are the main green trails that function as connectors to all the others, if you would ride all the trails passing through the connectors you would ride well over 100 miles.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 10:17 am

Just wondering if it is comparable to the Wagon Wheel trails. I have heard nothing but raves over the WW trails, and I know they are really not too different in general topography in that region. There are usually some steep hills and valleys and lots of rocky areas. I have ridden some over on the other side of WV in Ritchie County, but most of my riding in WV has been in Lincoln County and Mason County. All those years I lived in WV I never made it to ride the H/M because my friends were all too cheap to go spend the money for permits. The best place I have been yet for trails was Evarts, KY, but I must say the trip to WV in June with Yank and the guys is probably the most fun four-wheeling I have ever had (if not number one it is tied for number one with a ride I had in Lincoln County in April 2005). We hit some good, diverse terrain and I would say it is probably really similar to the land at B/R.
If you have never been to Evarts, that is a must. BUT, once you go you will be spoiled.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 11:27 am

I havent been to BR yet,but I passed it on the way to Gilbert,WV.The thing that is attracting me is that its right off the hiwayy,not a lot of hills to climb up and down with my truck and trailer.
Back to top Go down
RickV

RickV

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 12:23 pm

I have never been to Evarts or Wagon Wheel so I can't compare. I can't wait to sell my YZ and the wifes TTR and get a Rhino. Looking at the posts to your last ride It sure looks like a lot of fun and some good folks to hang with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock Park   Burning Rock Park - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Burning Rock Park
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2