SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Park Brake question

Go down 
+3
Big-R
GunRunner
misterp
7 posters
AuthorMessage
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Park Brake question Empty
PostSubject: Park Brake question   Park Brake question EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 12:17 pm

My parking brake does not hold very well. Attempted to adjust. No improvement. Looks like the cable is pulling the arm as far as it will travel. pads looks pretty thick. Have drove off twice with park brake on but the pads never got hot. Even with the park brake on you can drove off like nothing is holding it. There is a nut on the back of the caliper where the arm attaches. It looks like it is adjustable; is this the case?
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Park Brake question   Park Brake question EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 1:36 pm

parking brake on my prowler didn't hold good either, im sure the rhino boys will chime in.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Park Brake question   Park Brake question EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 9:53 pm

misterp,

I wish you would have ask this question in Evarts. I could have fix it for you. I need to look at mine first but I think you loosen the nut then adjust the bolt and tighten the nut back.
Back to top Go down
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

PostSubject: Re: Park Brake question   Park Brake question EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 10:23 pm

I wish I had the service manual. Does anyone on here have the electronic TM?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Park Brake question   Park Brake question EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 10:26 pm

I'll upload it fer ya. Give about 15 mins for the link to work.

http://www.ky-escaper.com/2008RhinoService.pdf

Ok, it's there.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Park Brake question   Park Brake question EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 12:30 am

Sorry , i cant say mine works great. but i only have 120 miles
on my rhino..... :D
Back to top Go down
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

PostSubject: Re: Park Brake question   Park Brake question EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 9:36 am

Thanks for the TM. The adjustment is on the caliper. Pain to get to, but pretty simple. Will adjust next chance I get. I have 1,450 miles on mine already. With only 3.5 months of ride time. Can you ride to much?
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Park Brake question   Park Brake question EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 10:10 am

can never ride to much spank
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Park Brake question   Park Brake question EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 11:38 am

misterp wrote:
Thanks for the TM. The adjustment is on the caliper. Pain to get to, but pretty simple. Will adjust next chance I get. I have 1,450 miles on mine already. With only 3.5 months of ride time. Can you ride to much?

Yes, it is a pain to get to.

I thought I road a lot. I put 1200 miles on my rhino in 9 months. Damn P you are a riding FOOL Rhino
Back to top Go down
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

PostSubject: Re: Park Brake question   Park Brake question EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 4:57 pm

Adjusted the Park Brake last night. Works great now. With the brake on you can not drive off unless the throttle is almost to the floor. It was not this good when I bought it. I took off the rear skid place. POS plastic, already deformed like crazy. Need to get the metal ones soon. Just need to decide on what brand... Thanks again for the TM... great help.......
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Park Brake question   Park Brake question EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 9:51 pm

Mister P. You need someone to run your Rhino while you are gone on deployment. I would make sure to put Stabil in the gas and have someone start and run it at least every couple of weeks. I have my toys in Barboursville at my Dad's. I ask him to ride them around but all he really does is start them up and let them run for about 10 minutes. I don't know about the Rhino, but I made sure I stressed to him NOT to lock the park brake. The King uses a multiple enclosed disc system in the rear and I did not want to have that become a problem if it sat for long periods of time engaged. Also, I am sure you could find some volunteers to take your Rhino out and keep it company while you are gone. Smiles
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

PostSubject: Re: Park Brake question   Park Brake question EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 11:13 pm

I told the GF that she could take my place on the group rides. But she would never make it on the trailer much less down the driveway. She can ride it down the road every now and then. I will make sure everything is ok on it and put fuel additive in it. I go active Dec. 1st. We go overseas end of March or 1 week of April. They say we are going to Iraq near Kuwait. Will surprize me if we do not go to Afghanistan. Why send an entire Cav. battalion to Iraq.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Park Brake question   Park Brake question EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 12:51 am

Airborne LT wrote:
Mister P. You need someone to run your Rhino while you are gone on deployment. I would make sure to put Stabil in the gas and have someone start and run it at least every couple of weeks. I have my toys in Barboursville at my Dad's. I ask him to ride them around but all he really does is start them up and let them run for about 10 minutes. I don't know about the Rhino, but I made sure I stressed to him NOT to lock the park brake. The King uses a multiple enclosed disc system in the rear and I did not want to have that become a problem if it sat for long periods of time engaged. Also, I am sure you could find some volunteers to take your Rhino out and keep it company while you are gone. Smiles

Yep we are here for you P. Please leave gas money. And please stay safe!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

PostSubject: Re: Park Brake question   Park Brake question EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 1:25 pm

I'll make sure it is full and clean when I leave. Just make sure to return the same..lol
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Park Brake question   Park Brake question EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 1:35 am

misterp wrote:
Adjusted the Park Brake last night. Works great now. With the brake on you can not drive off unless the throttle is almost to the floor. It was not this good when I bought it. I took off the rear skid place. POS plastic, already deformed like crazy. Need to get the metal ones soon. Just need to decide on what brand... Thanks again for the TM... great help.......

Misterp Trail armor makes some nice skids.
you can get 1/8 or 3/16. i went for 3/16 so i would never
haft to worry about them. thay dont weigh much and thay have
the best price around. I jack the rhino completely off the ground from my
skids thay dont even flex......... allright
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Park Brake question   Park Brake question Empty

Back to top Go down

Park Brake question
Page 1 of 1