SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kentucky hunting land

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Kentucky hunting land Empty
PostSubject: Kentucky hunting land   Kentucky hunting land EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 10:00 pm

Okay. This is for you guys that live in KY. As you know, I am going to miss the entire hunting season this year. I broke my arm last year (2007) and missed all of the early bow season, and really had no time to hunt after Thanksgiving because I was getting ready to deploy. Well, I am coming back in January, my arm is healed, and I am looking for some land to hunt in KY. I am most likely going to hunt some public land during bow season, but what I need help with is finding a good spot to go during the first few days of gun season. I used to burn all my leave days to go to WV and gun hunt there, but after several disappointing seasons (too many hunters on the land I hunt, posted land, etc) I have decided in 2009 to just take 3 leave days and hunt the first three days of the Kentucky firearms season. My only problem is I do NOT want to hunt on public land during the first part of gun season. I am trying to start building bridges now to hopefully get me access to some private land. I don't really know but one landowner around FT Campbell, and he has three sons and several nephews that hunt on his 500 acres. So, I am begging .....PLEASE, can someone help me out and start racking your brains to possibilities for next gun season. I would like to hunt close to central KY, somewhere like between FT Campbell and Central City. I have seen so much good looking land in my drives back and forth between WV and KY. I would not be opposed to hunting in eastern KY either, like between Grayson and Morehead area. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky hunting land   Kentucky hunting land EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 3:45 am

Might be able to put something together around Morehead. We can work on that, we have some time.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky hunting land   Kentucky hunting land EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 4:08 am

True. I just wanted to put it out there early because season is in now. Might get an idea of who is hunting where. Thanks brother!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky hunting land   Kentucky hunting land EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 11:39 am

I have a buddy with 130 acres close to Nolin Lake. I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky hunting land   Kentucky hunting land EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 1:09 pm

Cool. I appreciate that. I am sure if I look I can find a spot to hunt for at least a few days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky hunting land   Kentucky hunting land Empty

Back to top Go down

Kentucky hunting land
Page 1 of 1