SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

electric heaters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gary

Gary

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-01-25

electric heaters Empty
PostSubject: electric heaters   electric heaters EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 1:11 pm

those of yaw with toy haulers are you useing electric heat if so what do you recomend for most output for the buck .or those of you that use them at home on a 110 volt what dose the best job.trying to heat 28 ft enclosed car trailer
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

electric heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: electric heaters   electric heaters EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 1:42 pm

I have tried all means of heating, from the "buddy" propane heaters to quartz electric. The BEST by far is the 1500 Watt oil filled heaters. The electric ones with fans really dry the air out and make it uncomfortable. I was amazed at the amount of heat these oil filled ones produce. Because it doesn't blow heat I didn't have much hope for it but now I wouldn't switch for anything. I am heating a 24' enclosed trailer with the walls and ceiling insulated. If its above 30 degrees outside I leave the heater on low and it keeps it around 65-70 all night.

Mine is like this but you can find them cheaper http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/178-0968997-9073044?asin=B001F0J42O&AFID=Nextag&LNM=B001F0J42O|1500W_Radiator_Classic&ref=tgt_adv_XSN10001
Back to top Go down
Gary

Gary

electric heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: electric heaters   electric heaters EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 3:05 pm

thanks when you dont know any better ask.I'll check an see if they can be got
thank you one more time. heading to C burg at target store to get this
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

electric heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: electric heaters   electric heaters EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 4:04 pm

you can get them at Walmart, Kmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes.........anywhere!

If you don't have it insulated you may need 2 heaters, if you do one is plenty
Back to top Go down
Gary

Gary

electric heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: electric heaters   electric heaters EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 5:12 pm

thanks yes sir I got two to be safe if I can maintain 65 or so in winter time I,ll be set.And yes they are nice looking units they look well worth there cost thank you again
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

electric heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: electric heaters   electric heaters EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 6:42 pm

I've had a couple of those in the past. They work well!!!!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

electric heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: electric heaters   electric heaters EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 8:19 pm

Gary, did you give up on the idea of a heat /ac unit for the skylight?
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

electric heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: electric heaters   electric heaters EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 8:49 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
Gary, did you give up on the idea of a heat /ac unit for the skylight?

I'm not Gary but I can tell you I have an AC with heat strip in the roof of my trailer. The heat strip does well until its below 50 outside then it doesn't do much. The oil filled ones are the ticket.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

electric heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: electric heaters   electric heaters EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 10:28 pm

I was told the same thing. Most of the ceiling units have a high a/c capacity and then a low heat capacity. I bought one that had the same BTU heat capacity as the air. It was considerably more money, but I think it will work okay. If not, then I guess I will have to consider another option like you are talking about. I will tell you......the 15,000 BTU a/c will flat freeze you out of my 8.5'x18' enclosed even when it is 95 outside. That is with no insulation in the walls.
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

electric heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: electric heaters   electric heaters EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 10:48 pm

I'm with Nueromax -- the oil filled electric radiators are the best. The only issue I have is regulating the temp. I'll bump the temp because I am cool and 2 hrs later I wake up sweating. I have a tough time regulating them. They do give the best heat and I really really really like the no sound part. I hate hearing a fan running all night.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

electric heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: electric heaters   electric heaters EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 11:12 pm

I am the opposite. I usually need background noise to sleep. At least that is the case over here in Afghanistan. At home it is usually the TV on low volume..........here it is a fan running all the time.
I don't doubt the fact those oil filled heater throw it out. I have one I use in my garage and it does pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

electric heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: electric heaters   electric heaters EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 11:16 pm

Airborne, if you have the unit with the heat pump that should be plenty for you. The one thing that MIGHT bother you is the heaters with the fans dry the air out. By the end of the weekend my throat and eyes were so dry they hurt. With the oil filled ones thats not a problem. But like Roamerr said, they aren't the easiest to regulate.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

electric heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: electric heaters   electric heaters EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 3:05 am

Good tip! I will try to get a humidifier to leave in there. My wife is big on that, so she will appreciate the tip as well!
Back to top Go down
dorton

dorton

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-09-10

electric heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: electric heaters   electric heaters EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 7:21 am

roamerr wrote:
I'm with Nueromax -- the oil filled electric radiators are the best. The only issue I have is regulating the temp. I'll bump the temp because I am cool and 2 hrs later I wake up sweating. I have a tough time regulating them. They do give the best heat and I really really really like the no sound part. I hate hearing a fan running all night.

Maybe something like this would work for you.
CLICKY
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dorton_
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

electric heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: electric heaters   electric heaters EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 7:32 am

dorton -- that's a good link. That would be helpful with the radiators...
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

electric heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: electric heaters   electric heaters EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 3:32 pm

Dorton, you are the man. I have never seen one of those but just ordered one. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

electric heaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: electric heaters   electric heaters Empty

Back to top Go down

electric heaters
Page 1 of 1