SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wear those helmets!!!

Go down 
+10
kykult64
Big-R
wvyankee2
shawnley1222
moto92
GunRunner
Neuromax
ChrisC
Bobby D
AIRBORNE
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Wear those helmets!!! Empty
PostSubject: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 1:16 pm

Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 1:58 pm

Good find affraid It's rare if you see me without a helmet.That video is another reason I don't like climbing steep shit even though that was not much of a hill 2cents
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:05 pm

HOLY poo that looked painfull !
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:32 pm

I always wore a helmet on a 4 wheeler..... Cool
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:17 pm

It's rare you will see me without one, around camp maybe but not riding. ATV or SxS, either one has the potential for a lot of damage. You are not safe from head injuries just because you have a roll cage. There are a lot of things that can still happen. With my job I have seen many head injuries. Enough to know better!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:21 pm

You know you all can say wear a helmet, then when somebody does they get ribbed, just like running the rough stuff, if you dont your a wimp. Then if you do and get hurt its well they shouldn't have done it. And everyone thinks peer pressure is just in school. coco
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 4:37 pm

Never see me without one...........
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 4:53 pm

Gunny, I hope you are kidding. I agree that it is everyone's own choice to wear one or not but any grown man who doesn't wear a helmet due to 'ribbing' is in my opinion sad.

If they are doing it because of personal choice that's one thing but peer pressure.......hell I have never fallen subject to peer pressure. That goes for a difficult/technical trail. If my gut says don't do it I don't, anyone who wants to laugh is free to but I wont do it because of that.

And for the record, I have been on rides with A'holes that were like that. I only rode with them once, never again. I am out there for fun and enjoyment not to be pushed to do something I am not comfortable with.

rant2 2cents its just my opinion, not bashing anyone.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 4:59 pm

hey, there are those that do it, i wear one most times and it never fails something is said about it, but last weekend i did not bring it because of the extreme cold and the fact that before hand it was said over and over in the ride topic it was going to be easy/moderate trails, had i known i would have worn it lol!
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 6:20 pm

i always wore mine on my wheeler but i didnt at first on the rhino. then one chilly night out on a ride i went through some brush. the front rail on the cage pushed a branch back and went that damn thing came back it smacked me right up side the head. and if youve ever had anyone thump you in the ear when its cold you know its worthy of an ass whoopin.
after that ive always wore the helmet even in the rhino.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 7:31 pm

I need to go buy a new helmet to wear on rides most of mine are easy flat stuff with lots of water nad mud but sometimes its some hills
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 8:05 pm

Wear those helmets!!! 2yo3ipl
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:01 pm

ridepate wrote:

Old Motocrossers feel naked without one. Wink
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:19 pm

GunRunner wrote:
hey, there are those that do it, i wear one most times and it never fails something is said about it, but last weekend i did not bring it because of the extreme cold and the fact that before hand it was said over and over in the ride topic it was going to be easy/moderate trails, had i known i would have worn it lol!

That is funny. You don't bring your helmet and we take you through some of the more difficult trails :D
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 10:03 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
ridepate wrote:

That's a fact. I've got a full-face that I'm gonna try with a flip-up shield. I think that will be better in cold weather, although I've never liked them.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 10:06 pm

ridepate wrote:
wvyankee2 wrote:
ridepate wrote:

That's a fact. I've got a full-face that I'm gonna try with a flip-up shield. I think that will be better in cold weather, although I've never liked them.

They sure were nice on snowmobiles when I was a kid.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 10:51 am

Big-R wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

That is funny. You don't bring your helmet and we take you through some of the more difficult trails :D

Id say so! My problem is i did all the stupid stuff when i was young and dumb, so these days it just doesn't intrigue me, but seems like some of you guys are still in that stage of life. lol! I built the RZR so it will go where anything else will but risking serious injury is not my idea of fun anymore. So call me a wimp if you want to, here is my reply :foff: roflmao
Back to top Go down
kykult64

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 12:51 pm

I have a rule that I won't ride with guys that do not have a helmet on. I don't want to have to drag there hurt asses out of the woods when they have a wreck.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 1:13 pm

kykult64 wrote:
I have a rule that I won't ride with guys that do not have a helmet on. I don't want to have to drag there hurt asses out of the woods when they have a wreck.

You won't be riding with many in this bunch then lol! There are a few like me that wear a helmet but just a few scratch
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 1:35 pm

kykult64 wrote:

Well our rule has been no rules so far, might need to re-think that on the sanctioned rides. I know for myself that when we all got together before for rides, it was planned and no extreme stuff was done one reason was because we had women and children along. Being it was so cold this time i think there were maybe 3 women and no little kids. Future rides need to be in two groups, those that want the hard to extreme, and those that want easy to moderate. 2cents
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 3:51 pm

GunRunner wrote:
kykult64 wrote:

Well our rule has been no rules so far, might need to re-think that on the sanctioned rides. I know for myself that when we all got together before for rides, it was planned and no extreme stuff was done one reason was because we had women and children along. Being it was so cold this time i think there were maybe 3 women and no little kids. Future rides need to be in two groups, those that want the hard to extreme, and those that want easy to moderate. 2cents

Every time we try that no one gets in the easy ride.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 4:54 pm

Big-R wrote:
GunRunner wrote:
kykult64 wrote:

Every time we try that no one gets in the easy ride.
yea we saw that poo there was about 10 that did not want to ride red trails, but when told to get in two groups all but me and bobby were left as the others including chris skulked off into the other group so nobody called them a wimp. beat roflmao
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 5:25 pm

You know i am going to ride the good stuff..... Smiles

You and bobby are the only ones that like the easy stuff.. 👅
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 6:22 pm

ChrisC wrote:
You know i am going to ride the good stuff..... Smiles

You and bobby are the only ones that like the easy stuff.. 👅

There is a big difference between easy & dangerous IMO easy are green trails and I like moderate not red & black trails.From watching you drive Chris at Brimstone I know I have more skill than you Razz Once you have as many miles of trail riding experience as I do then you can run that big old mouth :))With experience comes wisdom and I think me & Gunny have more than you on what is safe and what is not.If you have rode the Wagon Wheel area as much as I have and seen all of the Ambulances & Helicopters haulin broken bodies out then you might have some fear too.Just let it go Chris deadhorse
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 6:40 pm

I have a feeling at the Wagon Wheel Chris will see some stuff he says no to. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Wear those helmets!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: