SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wear those helmets!!!

Go down 
+10
kykult64
Big-R
wvyankee2
shawnley1222
moto92
GunRunner
Neuromax
ChrisC
Bobby D
AIRBORNE
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 6:50 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
I have a feeling at the Wagon Wheel Chris will see some stuff he says no to. Wink

I don't think Chris will ever say no because he is to worried about what people think of him.I'm sure he won't see anything while I'm guiding that he will say no to but if he would like to join me and the Irishman for a special ride with just the 3 of us I'm sure we can scare him if he could keep up.I like riding fast other than climbing steep hills which I know some people are more scared of riding fast than riding slow crawling over steep rocks and climbing insane hills.There is no reason to put people down becuse they like different things than you do.I know I like females and Chris likes Males but I don't get on here bashing him about being a peter puffer roflmao banned kidding Chris.

Last edited by Bobby D on Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 6:56 pm

lol! Eat
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 7:16 pm

Bobby D wrote:
wvyankee2 wrote:
I have a feeling at the Wagon Wheel Chris will see some stuff he says no to. Wink

I don't think Chris will ever say no because he is to worried about what people think of him.I'm sure he won't see anything while I'm guiding that he will say no to but if he would like to join me and the Irishman for a special ride with just the 3 of us I'm sure we can scare him if he could keep up.I like riding fast other than climbing steep hills which I know some people are more scared of riding fast than riding slow crawling over steep rocks and climbing insane hills.There is no reason to put people down becuse they like different things than you do.I know I like females and Chris likes Males but I don't get on here bashing him about being a peter puffer roflmao banned kidding Chris.

wvyankee2 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Come on Bobby, Sad
and that Yellow streak on your back was just starting
to fade a bit..... cheers

Please, whether it's kidding or not lets not get into personal attacks. This may not sit well with who you are kidding with, and may give any new people reading the forum the wrong impression of what were about. 2cents
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 7:24 pm

I knew you was going to get me on that one Marty but he had it coming :silent:
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 8:06 pm

Rolling Eyes ............... Sleep

Eat
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 9:23 pm

Back on the subject of helmets (although there was some funny shit in between) I started wearing the modular type helmets and love them. Its MUCH warmer than the MX style and with the ability to raise the entire front it is very nice to be able to get a drink or talk to someone quickly without taking off the helmet or yelling.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 9:34 pm

Neuromax wrote:
Back on the subject of helmets (although there was some funny shit in between) I started wearing the modular type helmets and love them. Its MUCH warmer than the MX style and with the ability to raise the entire front it is very nice to be able to get a drink or talk to someone quickly without taking off the helmet or yelling.

I started to buy a modular back in May when I bought my last new helmet but was concerned about dust getting up under it and getting in my eyes vs what I have the mx with goggles.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 10:33 pm

Neuromax wrote:

Neuromax , You have a picture of that helmet.... Wink

If i ever get a helmet , i need one like earnhardt use to wear.
then i can just lift the viser to spit..... lol!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 10:40 pm

I wore a full face last Friday and it was nice. I could ride fast with the King and not get my eyes watering.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 10:58 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
I wore a full face last Friday and it was nice. I could ride fast with the King and not get my eyes watering.

Well , i now have a windshield. so thats not an issue.
but in the summer i dont want a windsheild on. so a hafe face
with a sheild. would work..... allright
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 11:38 pm

I got it from the following link, this is the one I have. I got one for my 10 y/o daughter also and she loves it. She has a hard time with the straps on helmets but with this she can just fold the face up and doesn't have to take it off. I bought extra shields so when it gets scratched up its no big deal, just put on a new one. I got the link and the idea from Roamerr, he has the same helmet for him, his wife and 2 daughters.

http://motodirect.com/product/1_4-Modular-Motorcycle-Helmets/102-EXL-EXL-Motorcycle-Helmet-Solid-Black-Modular-Motorcycle-Helmets-1.html

Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 102-2-lg
Back to top Go down
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 11:47 pm

My family gets funny looks when we are wearing are helmets in the rhino but a fuuny look wont kill me but a rock or tree to the head just might
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 12:01 am

Dreth wrote:
My family gets funny looks when we are wearing are helmets in the rhino but a fuuny look wont kill me but a rock or tree to the head just might

I have never had anyone give me a funny look or question my use of helmets, my daughter is so conditioned to it she wont even think about riding with out one. I also have 5 pt harnesses in all four seats of my Rhino. Things can go bad very quickly on these things and I don't want me or my family being another statistic.

Last edited by Neuromax on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 7:01 am

Neuromax wrote:
Dreth wrote:

I have never had anyone give me a funny look or question my use of helmets, my daughter is so conditioned to it she wont even think about riding with out one. I also have 5 pt harnesses in all for seats of my Rhino. Things can go bad very quickly on these things and I don't want me or my family being another statistic.

Yeah, my point exactly. Nothing more important than my family's safety.
Back to top Go down
Gary

Gary

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 7:32 am

that is a nice looking helment, those of us that wear glasses is there enough room to raise an lower front with out hitting.and getting back to dust are they bad for pulling it under
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 8:31 am

Gary wrote:
that is a nice looking helment, those of us that wear glasses is there enough room to raise an lower front with out hitting.and getting back to dust are they bad for pulling it under

easily, I wear sunglasses with it all the time, you don't even need to take your glasses off to put the helmet of or off, just raise the front and you are done.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 8:42 am

that is the exact style I got for my little one. There is no need for goggles, just flip the visor down. I will try and post some pics once I get unpacked. It is pink and she loves it.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 10:40 am

they sell that style helmet on ebay for less than 100 bucks.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 10:41 am

GunRunner wrote:
they sell that style helmet on ebay for less than 100 bucks.

The link I put with it has it for $59
Back to top Go down
Last Chance Rhino
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 5:18 pm

Hope this is not a double as it did not seem like my earlier post went through. We always use helmets and belts when trail riding. Around the yard and fields behind the house when slow and easy we don't wear them unless kids are around and then we do to set the example. Things happen, like when an ATV back-flipped, like in the video, with my brother in TN that resulted in a shoulder operation. It used to bother me if someone thought I was chicken for not joining them on some adventure, but I have done my share of scary stuff, especially with cars, so now I just do what I feel confortable with. Since my wife rides the UTV with me a lot, I worry more about hurting her than me, so we take the east & moderate trails and leave the others to the younger or more adventureous.

I tried several helmets, but settled on the full-face-off road type and like it with goggles. My wife has a helmet with a flip down visor and she likes it, so I guess it comes down to personal choice, maybe that's why they make both Rhinos and RZRs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wear those helmets!!!   Wear those helmets!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wear those helmets!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2