SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2 Empty
PostSubject: Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2   Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 3:47 pm

Changed my rear brakes today with the help of directions that WVYankee2 posted on RhinoForums. Easy as could be due to the great directions. Thanks Marty!!

http://www.rhinoforums.net/how/14859-how-do-you-replace-rear-brake-pads.html

WVYankee2 Posted directions:

Take the bottom plastic skid pan off under the caliper and drop it out the bottom to work on. Just remove 2 bolts holding it to the Diff housing and let it drop. Then remove the 2 allen head screws in the end of the caliper to drop the pads out. Remember to save the shims off the old pads to put back on. To reinstall. Loosen the master cylinder cap and use a 3/4 inch wood chistle if you have it to push the caliper piston back flush with the caliper. It will require some force, just put the chistle in the groove of the piston and slightly turn while pushing. Put new pads on and put back together. Dont forget to retighten your master cylinder cap when your done.

While the skid was off I went ahead and changed my rear diff fluid. It did not need it but I had the fluid just waiting...
Back to top Go down
rhino nut
SSXSRider Member
rhino nut

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2   Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:06 pm

Hello i read that you need to keep the factory shims, I just replaced the pads on my 07 450 an didnt keep the plastic shims but i put back on the metal shims with the holes in them an now my pedal goes all most to the floor, I have bled them an nothing helps could anyone tell me if the slack in the pads from not re-instaling the shims could be causing this? Any help would be appreaciated. Thanks Rhino Nut
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2   Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:09 pm

Shims do not effect pedal feel. I paid to have my pads changed last year and the shop did not reinstall the shims. When I changed my rear pads today they went on without shims since they were not available. My pedal only travels about 1/2 way down before stopping -- the same or less travel then before the pad change. You have air in your line or a leak somewhere...
Back to top Go down
rhino nut
SSXSRider Member
rhino nut

PostSubject: Re: Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2   Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:34 pm

Thanks roamer that sets my mind to ease a little because the land field is the new owner of my shims, One side of the slider that lets the outside pad float was froze up an i took it completly apart, took off the brake line took it all apart an greased every thing. I think that the air in the line is the problem (I hope) Thanks for the info. Rhino Nut
Back to top Go down
rhino nut
SSXSRider Member
rhino nut

PostSubject: Re: Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2   Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:37 pm

Hey roamer is there any way a man can join the SouthernSXSRiders club? If so can someone let me know how? I am located in Hendersonville N.C. There is about 8 of us with Rhinos that are interested. Thanks again Rhino NUT
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2   Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:45 pm

rhino nut wrote:
Hey roamer is there any way a man can join the SouthernSXSRiders club? If so can someone let me know how? I am located in Hendersonville N.C. There is about 8 of us with Rhinos that are interested. Thanks again Rhino NUT

Right here is the information with a link to the application at the bottom.

https://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/southernsxsrider-membership-information-forum-f22/new-membership-information-and-application-please-read-t3159.htm
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2   Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:55 pm

Your welcome Randy. Glad it helped you out. allright
Back to top Go down
rhino nut
SSXSRider Member
rhino nut

PostSubject: Re: Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2   Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 9:53 am

Thanks for the link to the application for the club, I will get it filled out an sent in. Thanks again Rhinoi Nut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2   Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear 660 Brakes -- How to Change -- Thanks WVYANKEE2
Page 1 of 1