SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?

Go down 
+17
2Slow4U
ChrisC
Dreth
tim
Neuromax
Big-R
AIRBORNE
greenhead
RHINO DIRECT
ridepate
rubicon05
Rhino Rob
wvyankee2
TrailBlazer23
moto92
S
DirtDawber
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? Empty
PostSubject: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 8:17 pm

Since you found out about the, quote, unquote, "recall"?

Mines gone. Well, actually on the floor of the garage.
Took it out for a spin and the bumps are smoothed out better for sure. I think I like the deletion already !
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 8:43 pm

Yes and now I have much smoother ride.
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 8:45 pm

ive had mine off for a while now. i can slide it around corners out in the woods just like i did on the four wheeler.
much better without it.
Back to top Go down
TrailBlazer23

TrailBlazer23

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 8:53 pm

Mine is gone 2!!! Rides MUCH better....
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Mines been gone awhile. Like it much better. allright
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 9:22 pm

sc rhino wrote:

Uh that wouldnt be what your wife is laughing about in THE picture , would it Shane ? Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? 729242
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 9:26 pm

Rhino Rob wrote:
sc rhino wrote:

Uh that wouldnt be what your wife is laughing about in THE picture , would it Shane ? Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? 729242
She was unhappy about me getting my but kicked by a little rock. roflmao
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 9:30 pm

mine is gone.....much better w/o it......
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 9:39 pm

Same here--bye-bye long time ago.........
Back to top Go down
RHINO DIRECT

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 9:58 pm

Mine is gone as well, it will never be installed again !
Back to top Go down
greenhead

greenhead

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 10:09 pm

Are ya'll talking about the rear stabilizer bar in front of the rear tires what is the benefit, it won't tear anything up?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 10:14 pm

greenhead wrote:
Are ya'll talking about the rear stabilizer bar in front of the rear tires what is the benefit, it won't tear anything up?

Wont hurt a thing. Allows more articulation in the rear suspension giving you a smoother ride and more stability in offcamber, rutted and rocky terrain.
Back to top Go down
greenhead

greenhead

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 10:16 pm

I'm all about more wheel travel but it won't make it more kinda top heavy at higher speeds?
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 10:29 pm

I have had mine off for a little over a month. I have been in all kinds of terrain and I really like it. It can get a little squirrely at higher speeds if you try and get too stupid. I know mine will not be put back on anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 5:22 am

hmmm sounds like a project for this afternoon
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 9:22 am

greenhead wrote:
I'm all about more wheel travel but it won't make it more kinda top heavy at higher speeds?

I have not done it yet. However, it will be off for my next ride. It has been described as different at high speeds not Top heavy. Yamaha is now taking them off the rhinos as we speak.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 9:39 am

Big-R wrote:
It has been described as different at high speeds not Top heavy.

I took mine off before the Middlesboro ride last September. On that ride i did a little testing and threw it into a few high speed turns. There was noticable rear body lean that I had not had with the Bar on. It was a little unnerving at first, but I actually believe it gives you a better bite in the turns by placeing more weight on the rear wheel that is facing the turn. You have more bite than tail whip with it. I really dont even notice it anymore. The improved slow speed ride and articulation were noticed immediately, and are great improvements. allright
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 11:06 am

I rode with mine off this past weekend and it WILL NOT go back on. It's a much improved ride.
Back to top Go down
tim
SSXSRider Member
tim

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 11:10 am

I have had mine off for a few rides and like it alot better with out it.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 7:37 pm

took mine off this afternoon. also decreased the stock shock compression. got on it across the yard and curb, u turned and back up the curb and into the stall. Ride was way smoother and did notice some body roll. needs a good ride at the CPR to determine if i need to stiffen the shocks a turn.
about a 50 minute job with rounding up jacks , basic craftsman tools, grease gun and large adjustable pliers.
Back to top Go down
greenhead

greenhead

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 4:44 pm

Hey guys I took the sway bar off and it does ride a lot smoother and feels like it has more wheel travel I'm like every body else mine is off and staying off.take a look at yamaha's website they want you to bring your rides in to the service dept. and they will take the bar off and give you a set of rear wheel spacers to help with stability issues pretty cool huh
Back to top Go down
RHINO DIRECT

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:38 am

sc rhino wrote:
Back to top Go down
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 5:49 pm

Help me please. Where is this bar located so i dont take off the wrong thing! lol.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 5:56 pm

looks like this, except yours will be black and a more (rounded) look. located in front of the rear tires. going from one side to the other
Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? 92d9b8ce61606c56e50322c5a1661381.image.222x119
Back to top Go down
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 5:58 pm

Rhino Rob wrote:
looks like this, except yours will be black and a more (rounded) look. located in front of the rear tires. going from one side to the other
Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? 92d9b8ce61606c56e50322c5a1661381.image.222x119

Thanks Rob, I thought that was it but wanted to be sure. It looks like 6 bolts and its off. Thanks for the quick response, it is coming off after dinner!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?   Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who has gone ahead and taken the stabilizer bar off?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next