SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires

Go down 
+12
Foxfire
wvyankee2
cajuncoot
Big-R
Bigg Bubba
ridepate
AIRBORNE
ChrisC
nocerisdave
GunRunner
Clayboy
DirtDawber
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires Empty
PostSubject: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptyFri May 08, 2009 12:41 pm

Why does shopping for SxS tires have to be such, such a pain in the ass?

Radial or Bias Ply
This tread pattern or that tread pattern
6ply or 8ply
Maxxis this or Carlisle that
25's or 26's or 27's
10 wide or 12 wide
Cheap or Bill Gates
Local store or online
24/32nds or 33/32nds
Mud this or Trail that
etc

This afternoon I started watching ours and others posted videos to really see the tires in action in differenet circumstances and it looks to me like all the different brands and tread patterns of tires do ok. Sure, in mud some seem to struggle more, but overall it looks like that just about any tire with a decent lug size and pattern would be ok on at least 98% of all the riding that anyone would ever do. Extreme rock crawling or mudding not withstanding.

So, why is it soo dang hard to decide on just THAT ONE tire that is right for you and your budget???

Can you tell I"m looking for tires. And yes, I know already they better be MAN TARS or I'll be laughed out of the club.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptyFri May 08, 2009 12:51 pm

There is no such thing as a "PERFECT" tire. Best advice I will give is to get a tire that YOU like the looks of and one that you will be proud of when they are on your machine. Whether you are setting in the garage or on the side of a mountain you have to be the first person to like them. Stockers will do ALMOST anything you want to do, so get a set that you like and they will be an improvement. Good luck, choose wisely young patawan. Wink
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptyFri May 08, 2009 1:22 pm

Good advice Clay. I"ll keep on narrowing down the choices 'til I can decide.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptyFri May 08, 2009 4:49 pm

Only one answer to this, Man Tires. Mudlite XTR's others are just giblet corn imitations roflmao
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptyFri May 08, 2009 6:41 pm

Ditto DD! Not only are tars a pain in the arse......trying to make a decision on any Rhino mod, add on or otherwise. I would like to know how much time I have spent researching stuff......I am sure its just a little more than an assload, or less that 12,225,345 hours. I need tars too.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptyFri May 08, 2009 7:07 pm

Read Sig line. lol!

and thats all that needs to be said.... Eat
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptyFri May 08, 2009 7:12 pm

Bear Claws are the best all around tires out there. I am not sure how they will hold up to the added weight of a SxS though.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptyFri May 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Here's my spell on the never-ending tire-wars. I agree with Clay, if they make you happy and you think they look great on your machine,go for it!!!!!! So far I've never been anywhere or in any situation where one tire is superior over another. To me ,wear and sidewall stoutness is more important than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

Number of posts : 343

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptyFri May 08, 2009 9:07 pm

I concurr with 'Pate.... they'll all do just about anything you
can dish out..... the ply rating may or may not tell the story...
but you get what you pay for usually. allright
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptyFri May 08, 2009 9:45 pm

Stock tires suck cause they are only 2-4 ply, most aftermarket ones are at least 6 ply, about any aftermarket tire will take you anywhere you want to go. Just look around at what others have and pick the ones you like best.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:47 pm

Wow, there are so many tires out there. I can see where it would be hard to chose. I like tires with some space between the lugs. I feel it helps grab ruts, rocks and mud. That is why I decided on the XTR. Now there are other tires out there I would like to try. So look around and find one you like then ask us what we think.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptySat May 09, 2009 2:13 am

Big-R wrote:
Wow, there are so many tires out there. I can see where it would be hard to chose. I like tires with some space between the lugs. I feel it helps grab ruts, rocks and mud. That is why I decided on the XTR. Now there are other tires out there I would like to try. So look around and find one you like then ask us what we think.

Ronnie , you Have Brand New XTR's ( REAL MAN TIRES )
There is really not much more that needs to be Discussed.... roflmao
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:17 pm

i have the super grips in 27" i got the tires , caps ,rims, and lugnuts off e bay from a guy in Ky. for 450.00 shipped. they are a open lug similiar to a xtr or 589 . i have never had a problem with them and the price was right for my pocket according to the BOSS, the Ol' Goat .look on ebay and check them out.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:11 pm

cajuncoot wrote:
i have the super grips in 27" i got the tires , caps ,rims, and lugnuts off e bay from a guy in Ky. for 450.00 shipped. they are a open lug similiar to a xtr or 589 . i have never had a problem with them and the price was right for my pocket according to the BOSS, the Ol' Goat .look on ebay and check them out.

Super Grip Super lights. I have had them before and they are kick ass tires Coot. allright

Here they are on my Honda Foreman.

Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires Dillionbday2004foreman0
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:15 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
cajuncoot wrote:

Super Grip Super lights. I have had them before and they are kick ass tires Coot. allright

Here they are on my Honda Foreman.

Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires Dillionbday2004foreman0

Now if you just only had them on the Rhino..... 👅
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptySat May 09, 2009 6:08 pm

sorry forgot to mention super lite! my bad , but that is the pic of them. i do like them and they work great pushing snow with the 72" blade on the front. so far no punctures or sidewall problems on any rides or around the farm!!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptySat May 09, 2009 6:45 pm

I will tell you this. Mark W has some kick ass tires on his Rhino. They are called Wings, but I cannot remember who makes them. I think BKT or something like that.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptySun May 10, 2009 1:53 am

Marty,

Have you ever been in the mud???? roflmao roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:34 am

Big-R wrote:
Marty,

Have you ever been in the mud???? roflmao roflmao roflmao

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeee HitFan roflmao Dont want to get that crap on me. Smiles

Not in my toy anyway. But, in a real offroad vehicle with real Man Tires I used to play in it a little.

Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires Campbellscreekfiretower

Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires Campbellscreekfiretowera

Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires Campbellscreekfiretowerq

Last edited by wvyankee2 on Sun May 10, 2009 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:41 am

Airborne LT wrote:
I will tell you this. Mark W has some kick ass tires on his Rhino. They are called Wings, but I cannot remember who makes them. I think BKT or something like that.

Pics please..... Thanks
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:04 am

Marty,

That looks like fun to clean..........
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptySun May 10, 2009 1:38 pm

Foxfire wrote:
Airborne LT wrote:

Pics please..... Thanks

Here ya go FF...

MarkW and his ride...
Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires Markw10

The tires...
Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires Bkt10
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptySun May 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Attention Mark, would you buy these tires again? Question Question
Back to top Go down
highlander
SSXSRider Member
highlander

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptySun May 10, 2009 8:40 pm

I like the Bighorns for radials. I will say this on my brothers rhino and on the one Mitch was riding last time at Brimestone as long as stockers have new tread they go great. The bighorns are not the best in super sticky mud but for all around traction they are great.

Just my 2cents
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:09 pm

I like my swamp lites
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires   Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires Empty

Back to top Go down

Watch the Videos, Watch the Tires
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next