SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece Empty
PostSubject: Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece   Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:53 pm

Anyone have one of these? Does yours leak like a maniac? I got one off ebay and it leaks like crazy. I was just curious if anyone else had this problem. I have my entire water system hooked up and ready to go, but this one piece is pouring out like the flood waters over the dikes in N.O. during Katrina.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece   Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:06 pm

Do you have a pic of the piece leaking?
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

PostSubject: Re: Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece   Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:08 pm

Chris does it suppose to have a rubber washer?
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece   Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:15 pm

It does have a rubber washer. I took the "top" cover off of it. It may possibly be a loose fitting on the inside. If the ebay seller will not take it back I will add some plumbers tape and tighten it down real tight and see if it leaks then.
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

PostSubject: Re: Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece   Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:19 pm

I would try to change out washers and o-rings if any. Have seen them dry out and start leaking.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece   Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:30 pm

The washer was not dry rotted at all. He said the thing was "brand new", however he shipped it to me in a box that looked like it went down with the Titantic, was re-surfaced, then taped together for shipment. I may just have to eat the loss of the 12 dollars. I just hate it because I am trying to finish my water system before Brimstone on Memorial Day weekend.
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

PostSubject: Re: Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece   Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:34 pm

They have to be dry rotten to leak. I have learned the hard way with them. Just a thought. And like you said might have to use plumbers tape or dope.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece   Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:39 pm

sc rhino wrote:
They have to be dry rotten to leak. I have learned the hard way with them. Just a thought. And like you said might have to use plumbers tape or dope.

Dope?? I should maybe call Foxfire's connection for some of that....... roflmao

Just kidding. I will try anything to get it to work right and not leak. Other than that the thing worked like a charm tonight when I hooked it to a battery.
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

PostSubject: Re: Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece   Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:44 pm

Hooked to the battery? Is the battery for a pump? If so the pump would release pressure off the line.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece   Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece EmptyTue May 12, 2009 11:01 pm

Yes, I have a 12v pump hooked to a battery to push the water up to the water hose adapter and into the water heater. I think I can get it right.......just need to tweak it. I am just frustrated because of all of the problems I have run into.
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

PostSubject: Re: Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece   Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece EmptyTue May 12, 2009 11:03 pm

Good luck. It looks good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece   Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece Empty

Back to top Go down

Coleman Hot Water on Demand water hose adapter piece
Page 1 of 1