SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Rhino owner

Go down 
+5
AIRBORNE
ChrisC
GunRunner
tim
bigbore
9 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-06-08

New Rhino owner Empty
PostSubject: New Rhino owner   New Rhino owner EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:02 pm

I recently purchased a 2009 Rhino Sport Edition and rode it at Brimestone this past weekend. Only modifications so far is 27inch ITP 589's and I must say I am in love. The ride was unbelievably smooth. We climbed every hill we came to with ease and had no troubles with any mud holes. I am very happy with my choice. Some will say it is underpowered, but it got me everywhere I wanted to go with ease. Think I will keep it for awhile.
Back to top Go down
tim
SSXSRider Member
tim

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-09-09

New Rhino owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rhino owner   New Rhino owner EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:04 pm

nopics
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

New Rhino owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rhino owner   New Rhino owner EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:13 pm

Did you to come to 87Y? hide
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

New Rhino owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rhino owner   New Rhino owner EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:35 pm

Congrats on the new Ride....... cheers
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

New Rhino owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rhino owner   New Rhino owner EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:36 pm

He climbed 87Y on his Can-Am four wheeler while I was standing right there. He even stopped halfway up the steepest part and took off again. He will have no issues navigating 87Y with his Rhino.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

New Rhino owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rhino owner   New Rhino owner EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 5:45 pm

We never made it to 87y but hit some pretty steep and rocky trails while they were still wet from the rains, 98, 85, 49, 50,and 52 that I remember. 52 was really washed out from the heavy rains. Decent test for the 1st time out. With the people I ride with I am sure it will hit every red trail there. Lt. will be sure to make that happen.New Rhino owner Newrhino003
Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

New Rhino owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rhino owner   New Rhino owner EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 7:10 pm

New Rhino owner Miscridingpicts002Can't forget about my navigator, how can I get around without him.
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

New Rhino owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rhino owner   New Rhino owner EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 7:40 pm

What is 87y How about a picture? nopics
Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

New Rhino owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rhino owner   New Rhino owner EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 8:17 pm

87y is just a long kinda steep hill with curves ruts roots etc. I climbed halfway up on my can am 800max xt got off set the brake helped someone get up the hill then got back on and rode up the rest of the hill. I don't think it is that bad compared to some of the the other hills. Don't have any picts of the hill. Maybe someone else does.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

New Rhino owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rhino owner   New Rhino owner EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 6:17 am

welcome awesome looking ride ! I am getting ready to upgrade as well
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

New Rhino owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rhino owner   New Rhino owner EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 9:26 am

bigbore wrote:
87y is just a long kinda steep hill with curves ruts roots etc. I climbed halfway up on my can am 800max xt got off set the brake helped someone get up the hill then got back on and rode up the rest of the hill. I don't think it is that bad compared to some of the the other hills. Don't have any picts of the hill. Maybe someone else does.

I think they are really talking about 75y. It is a little tougher. I have been up 87y and 75 but not 75y. All three hills are getting worse and will soon be very dangerous.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

New Rhino owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rhino owner   New Rhino owner EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 10:57 am

Big-R wrote:
I think they are really talking about 75y. It is a little tougher. I have been up 87y and 75 but not 75y. All three hills are getting worse and will soon be very dangerous.

Well lets hope Brimstone recreation does some maintenance on them to keep them fun and safe! thatsright
Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

New Rhino owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rhino owner   New Rhino owner EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 11:07 am

They have reworked some of the trails that got really bad
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

New Rhino owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rhino owner   New Rhino owner EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 11:57 am

Nice set of MAN tires , the 589's are one of my favorite ones cheers
Back to top Go down
bigbore
SSXSRider Member
bigbore

New Rhino owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rhino owner   New Rhino owner EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 12:36 pm

I love the 589's. They do great in mud, the wide lugs hook on rocks roots and give a real smooth ride on hard pack. This is my second set, had a set on my can am 800 and they wear well also. No complaints at all. What do you run?
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

New Rhino owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rhino owner   New Rhino owner EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 2:10 pm

XTR's on my RZR, but i almost bought the 589's. Ive had 3 sets of them on atvs and they do everything well. The xtr's are doing very well so far but if i decide to change 589's are going on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Rhino owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rhino owner   New Rhino owner Empty

Back to top Go down

New Rhino owner
Page 1 of 1