SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Summersville Lake

Go down 
+5
MarkM
AIRBORNE
wvyankee2
joshc
nitefab
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nitefab
SSXSRider Member
nitefab

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 4:04 pm

Yeah! Some what new here and was wondering if any one knew how to get to Summersville Lake from Swiss or a similar location. Would like gps coordinates or something. I can get from the Quick(Sanderson) area to swiss on a sxs, just looking to get to the lake thanks.
Back to top Go down
joshc
SSXSRider Member
joshc

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:36 pm

i don't know. I'd like to know myself, i think that would be a nice ride.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:26 pm

I went from Sanderson up Blue Creek to Bickmore. Traveled down the hard road through Bickmore about 6 miles. Got back on a trail and went all the way to Muddlety, which is just North of Summersville. it was about a 75-80 mile trip one way. I will try to map it out for you on Mapsource TOPO software and post it. Need to get my navigator to help me. Smiles
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:15 pm

That would be a hell of a ride!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
MarkM
SSXSRider Member
MarkM

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 7:54 am

I've got GPS from Sanderson to Summersville. It winds up at the entrance to Carnifex Ferry Battlefield State Park. But it doesnt get you to the lake. I'd would like to have that track as well.
Back to top Go down
nitefab
SSXSRider Member
nitefab

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 12:21 pm

Thanks guys I think I can get to the battlefield, but so far know one seems to know how to get to the lake. My dad and me are going to drive his truck over there Friday and explore a little to see what we can do. We would like to get to the lake without making anyone mad or going on someones property. Here is how we got from sanderson to vaughan. Went past the pay lake (or fishing pond) on the ridge to spangler then went straight through some trails that got us above the saw mill in bentree. Then went down the main road 500 - 700 ft and turned left on to a street that started with a S (can't remember) and followed the trails and old strip mines and dropped off the ridge at Vaughan right below the bridge. From there went down the road maybe a quarter mile and truned left onto the old county road (Twenty Mile Creek). Just went up there some and then turned around so we could get back before dark. This ride was about 30 miles one way or 60 miles round trip. If we can get to the lake I will give you all the direction or coordinates.
Back to top Go down
joshc
SSXSRider Member
joshc

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 8:53 pm

I think we need to get some GPS spots and a good topo map and find a way. I'd love to take this trip sometime!
Back to top Go down
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 9:40 am

Hey, Yank,
anyway of posting, uploading and downloading gps tracks and waypoints?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 10:13 am

misterp wrote:
Hey, Yank,
anyway of posting, uploading and downloading gps tracks and waypoints?

I'm going to try and make this trip in late August or September. If I do I will track and post it. I can track the route and put in critical waypoints. Then download the Map and route with waypoints to my computer. And post the map and info up here.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
SSXSRider Member
MarkM

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 10:40 am

Marty. Shout when u go. I'd like to hook up for this ride if u don't care.
Back to top Go down
nitefab
SSXSRider Member
nitefab

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 12:26 pm

Hey, my dad and me have a trail laid out. Were going to try this weekend, but plans got changed, so we are trying for the following weekend. From Sanderson it's going to be about 130-140 mile round trip. Right now we will end up right behind one the dike walls on lake. I'll take some pics and track on my gps and hopefully map it for you. There were some other paths that might get a better look at the lake, might try some when we get over there, but it will be a long day.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
SSXSRider Member
MarkM

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 1:06 pm

It would be awesome if you could find a trail or a way to get to the waters edge for a little dip.
Back to top Go down
joshc
SSXSRider Member
joshc

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 8:02 pm

I'd love to take this ride too.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 9:29 pm

I will post up the ride when we go. allright
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 9:32 pm

Eat
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
nitefab
SSXSRider Member
nitefab

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:45 pm

Well a small group of us made the trip from Sanderson to the lake, it was around trip one razor said 130 the arctic cat said 145 miles.
Here are some pics of the trip. We only got behind the dike wall for now. There were some other trails we took but they all dead ended.
My gps was acting up so I did not get a complete track. We are planning it again some time in the near future and hopefully I will have a better gps track.

Summersville Lake IMG_0790
Summersville Lake IMG_0793
Summersville Lake IMG_0804
Summersville Lake IMG_0800
Summersville Lake IMG_0810
Summersville Lake IMG_0811
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:49 pm

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
nitefab
SSXSRider Member
nitefab

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:52 pm

I will have some more tomarrow. When we went to the river we watched some people kyak down the rapids and I have some pics of that.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:00 pm

I would love to make this ride at least once before I deploy again.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:09 pm

Did you go through Bickmore?

Nice pics. allright
Back to top Go down
nitefab
SSXSRider Member
nitefab

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:32 pm

No we started at Sanderson then drove to top of Turner. Followed some paths to just south of Bentree, crossed Rt16 through the woods to Vaughan. From there took the old county road to Little Elk Mountain crossed main road to Swiss. From there went to Peters Creek and took the county road all the way to Keslers Cross Lanes.
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:32 pm

Nice Pics !!!! allright
Yes, post us up some more when you can !!!! humper
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:34 pm

any gas stations along the way, or did you have to carry gas?
Back to top Go down
nitefab
SSXSRider Member
nitefab

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:59 am

Well we carried gas just in case, but there was one at Keslers Cross Lanes. They are about half mile down the two lane. They told us that the cops won't say much driving on the main road to get gas and other stuff (just to act reasonable). They did say if the park people catch you in the main park(lake area) they will write you a ticket. That was one reason we are trying to find a back road or trail to one of the fingers on the lake.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:21 pm

Great pix, thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summersville Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summersville Lake   Summersville Lake Empty

Back to top Go down

Summersville Lake
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next