SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2009 rhino research

Go down 
+4
Foxfire
Woodtick
hunterworks
Rhino Rob
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

2009 rhino research Empty
PostSubject: 2009 rhino research   2009 rhino research EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 7:55 am

trying to do some research for my next rhino purchase. Waiting to see what yamaha does for "10 but in the meantime a little research on 09s.

Anybody that has an 09 or info on them is willing to share info, post it here. Those of you with polaris rzr purchase regret,2009 rhino research 529787 well you may observe and talk amongst yourselves 2009 rhino research Lol

looking for the good the bad the ugly, and by all means compare them to former rides or rides that you are familiar with.

If the 10 models are the same as the 09s, my first plan will be to look and see if i can get a clearance deal on the 09s
Back to top Go down
hunterworks

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: 2009 rhino research   2009 rhino research EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 8:11 am

Other than lack of power the RZR or Teryx have it has not negatives.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hunterworks.com
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: 2009 rhino research   2009 rhino research EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 8:33 am

I have an 09', 450. No it isn't what most of you would buy. But other than the brakes and all the dang noise, I like it. For my riding style and the places I ride, it has more than enough power for me. I'm "Old School" though or perhaps just spoiled by all the years that I spent on a Honda. My Honda's went over 5,000 miles without a single maint. issue. Kept the air cleaner clean, the oil changed, and they just run. Don't have enough miles on the Rhino to know if it will be as reliable but from what I read here I doubt it will be. You've owned a Rhino a lot longer than I and I doubt there is much I could tell you that you don't already know. So far so good, but it's still early. If it holds up I'll love it. If Honda had made a side by side the size of a Rhino rather than the size of a Mack Dump Truck, I wouldn't even have shopped for anything else.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: 2009 rhino research   2009 rhino research EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 11:00 am

Woodtick wrote:
If Honda had made a side by side the size of a Rhino rather than the size of a Mack Dump Truck, I wouldn't even have shopped for anything else.

Big Red......the Mack!! 2009 rhino research 13435 Tick, that was a pretty good description of the Honda, Dude!! Sorry...didn't mean to :hijacked:
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: 2009 rhino research   2009 rhino research EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 10:06 pm

yamaha has already leaked there 2010 lineup, the only new thing is the 4 door and the option of power steering. Wait if you want till next jan. for there release but you will miss a lot of good rides. And if you wait to hear RZR regrets, you will only hear the crickets chirping lol! Of course the teryx will get you the sound of barking dogs roflmao
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: 2009 rhino research   2009 rhino research EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 11:06 pm

If you want something that will have a lot of power and you don't have to work on it all the time GO BUY A TERYX. If you want something that has no power buy a rhino. If you want something to work on all the time buy the rzr. I have hooked back to back with many rzr's and rhinos, non can pull me backwards. thatsright THEY BE ownedsm
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: 2009 rhino research   2009 rhino research EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 11:18 pm

Go buy a Ruesh, go buy a Kimco, or a ................wait ,in the next two months ,the UTV world is gonna be turned upsidedown..............The "S" will be a Yamaha 450...................(No offense to 450 owners)........I got the call...................... shutup
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: 2009 rhino research   2009 rhino research EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 10:49 am

4x4pac wrote:
If you want something that will have a lot of power and you don't have to work on it all the time GO BUY A TERYX. If you want something that has no power buy a rhino. If you want something to work on all the time buy the rzr. I have hooked back to back with many rzr's and rhinos, non can pull me backwards. thatsright THEY BE ownedsm

roflmao yes and we have hooked may teryx's and had to pull them up hills rzr's and rhinos had no problem on thatsright if you want power with nothing else going for it the teryx is your dog for sure ownedsm roflmao

look up our jan.09 brimestone video and see it for yourself, only ones pulled up the hill were two new teryx's, and thats a fact.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: 2009 rhino research   2009 rhino research EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 1:36 pm

Woodtick wrote:
I have an 09', 450. No it isn't what most of you would buy. But other than the brakes and all the dang noise, I like it. For my riding style and the places I ride, it has more than enough power for me. I'm "Old School" though or perhaps just spoiled by all the years that I spent on a Honda. My Honda's went over 5,000 miles without a single maint. issue. Kept the air cleaner clean, the oil changed, and they just run. Don't have enough miles on the Rhino to know if it will be as reliable but from what I read here I doubt it will be. You've owned a Rhino a lot longer than I and I doubt there is much I could tell you that you don't already know. So far so good, but it's still early. If it holds up I'll love it. If Honda had made a side by side the size of a Rhino rather than the size of a Mack Dump Truck, I wouldn't even have shopped for anything else.

phil you nailed on the hondas! That is the reason i still have my 300 fourtrax, that baby will never be sold or traded. Besides if i drag it to a ride, Ronnie lets me ride beyotch seat.
gunny thats good to know about the 10's. i shouldnt have any problem getting an 09.

All points bulletin !!!!!Be on the lookout !!! calling all southern side by side members!!!I would say lets put the rhino back in rhino rob, but some of you pervs would twist it 2009 rhino research 971386

Looking for the midnight armor red 09 700 which dealers got the best deal ?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: 2009 rhino research   2009 rhino research EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 1:38 pm

ridepate wrote:
Go buy a Ruesh, go buy a Kimco, or a ................wait ,in the next two months ,the UTV world is gonna be turned upsidedown..............The "S" will be a Yamaha 450...................(No offense to 450 owners)........I got the call...................... shutup

Eat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 rhino research   2009 rhino research Empty

Back to top Go down

2009 rhino research
Page 1 of 1