SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winch question

Go down 
+2
Admin
bamaboy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bamaboy

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Winch question Empty
PostSubject: Winch question   Winch question EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 4:42 pm

Noticed on ebay that some of the warn winches are 4.0ci and some are RT40. Does anyone know the difference.

I also like all the features of the XT30. But is it too small?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Winch question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winch question   Winch question EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 5:13 pm

ive got a champion winch from tractor supply 3000lb..it was only 120 buck and it works great
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

Winch question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winch question   Winch question EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 5:20 pm

bamaboy wrote:
Noticed on ebay that some of the warn winches are 4.0ci and some are RT40. Does anyone know the difference.

I also like all the features of the XT30. But is it too small?

The RT is the new model the 4.0 is the older discontinued model, just a note, the warn 4.0 and the RT40 have a wider bolt pattern than the 3000 and smaller winches so you have to buy a 4000 winch mount to use one. Im running a Gorila 4000 it has the standard bolt pattern and a lifetime warranty and it cost about 160.00 .
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

Winch question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winch question   Winch question EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 9:30 pm

Some info to throw into the mix. I have read that the stock Rhino battery does not have the amp draw needed to provide full use of the 4000lb. winch motor. That the 3000lb. is actually maxed out. So unless you want to spend the money to upgrade to a Odyssey battery, I would suggest getting a 3000lb. winch and invest in some tree saver and tow straps, shackles, and a good snatch block. This will give you more pulling power and have a lot less strain on your battery in any recovery situation. With proper rigging techniques, you can pull a Rhino out of a hole with a 2000lb. winch that a 4000lb. wont budge on a straight pull.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Winch question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winch question   Winch question EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 10:23 pm

boy, i'll tell ya... i learn something new everyday. i've got a warn 3000 winch that i got from yamaha. have no clue about the actual model number... and i probably won't as long as it works right.

this isn't my thread but i still learned some stuff.

:D
Back to top Go down
bamaboy

Number of posts : 21

Winch question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winch question   Winch question EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 10:56 pm

Thanks, this helps alot.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

Winch question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winch question   Winch question EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 12:22 am

i got a 3k harbor freighter i refer to is as my "warn out" winch $80 hasn't failed once alsays on straight pulls aint got the fancy recovery gear yet...pulled friends jeep out countless times as well
Back to top Go down
fredfast

fredfast

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Winch question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winch question   Winch question EmptySat Jan 26, 2008 6:33 pm

thanks for all the info! i am in the market for a winch and am tossing back and forth the idea of what to buy? i should have my new odyssey battery kit here monday so im not really concerned about the draw off of my battery! ive got a #9000lb ramsey layin in the garage and debated on mounting it,(i know its a little bit of overkill but i already have it and hey, id have braggin rights huh?) , i have been plannin on buyin the ramsey honcho #5000, but after reading all this i might stay with a cheaper model?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Winch question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winch question   Winch question EmptySat Jan 26, 2008 6:39 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Some info to throw into the mix. I have read that the stock Rhino battery does not have the amp draw needed to provide full use of the 4000lb. winch motor. That the 3000lb. is actually maxed out. So unless you want to spend the money to upgrade to a Odyssey battery, I would suggest getting a 3000lb. winch and invest in some tree saver and tow straps, shackles, and a good snatch block. This will give you more pulling power and have a lot less strain on your battery in any recovery situation. With proper rigging techniques, you can pull a Rhino out of a hole with a 2000lb. winch that a 4000lb. wont budge on a straight pull.

Your right, it will kill your Battery. I have seen it alot at the Yamaha dealer i work at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winch question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winch question   Winch question Empty

Back to top Go down

Winch question
Page 1 of 1