SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

can am sxs

Go down 
+15
bush
ChrisC
bigbore
Woodtick
Z06-08
Foxfire
MarkM
DirtDawber
wvyankee2
Rhino Rob
tim
hunterworks
Big-R
GunRunner
easttnrhino
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

can am sxs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:44 pm

I loved my Rhino, it was good to me.
it was built well.
I like my S , The simple fact is.
The Rhino just can't do all the S can do.
its not a statement , its a plain fact.
its geared better , has more power , Climbs
much better and rides better. it is the ultimate
trail and rock crawling machine. if it is as reliable for
me as the Rhino was , I will be happy. if it turns out
not to be , I will just do something else...... Eat

Chris..... Wink
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:00 am

i agree with big r.
polaris is not as well built as yamaha or honda. but polaris is leaps and bounds from where they use to be just a few years ago. im still a yamaha guy at heart but they need to step it up and build somthing in the same class as a rzr. if they ever do i will more than likely go back to a yamaha but it will be at least 3 1/2 years untill i do unless the rzr blows up or catches FIRE can am sxs - Page 2 13435
but as far a can am goes they will build a nice sxs one day that will be fast but to $$$ for me. 2cents
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 3:13 am

I agree with you Bush , I still love Yamaha.
if thay ever build something to rivel the S,
I would buy it. I just didn't see it happening for
a couple of years. and after riding all them S's
at Brimstone , I was hooked and had to have one.
The Rhino is great , it just dont seem to have the Fun
factor this thing does. This thing is just Fun to Drive.... allright
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:04 am

Big-R wrote:
GunRunner wrote:
Big-R wrote:
GunRunner wrote:
So what if it does, if its like the products it sells now it will have a awesome rotax motor and the rest will be a POS roflmao

So what your saying is, it is like a po po RZR with a Great motor..... roflmao

No, im saying can am is a pos but its better than a one lung rhino roflmao

Well Gunny, I am going to let you in on a little secret. Many people think Polaris is a POS. Just because you have one does not mean it is the greats built machine.

Personally, I think Polaris quality is no where near Yamaha, Kawasaki and Honda. The only reason I am considering a RZR is because it is a very fun machine. Not because it is a well built machine. Also, I just need it to last for a year or two. That should be long enough for Yamaha, Can-AM or Kawasaki to make a machine just as fun as the RZR.

Whats funny is, I never said polaris was the best built, I only said canam were pos and they are, but in fun factor they are way more fun than a single cyl machine and thats another fact. So your little analogy of my post is just ridiculous , that being said the fact you throw off on the rzr in one breath and say you're going to buy one in the next just too funny. As to build quality, believe what you want, polaris does use way better components than the jap brands, braided ss brake lines, transmissions and gear boxs made by spicer(same company that has built us auto parts for decades) electrics by Bosch, gauges by VDO, and the list goes on. I have owned 6 polaris's since 2005 and have NEVER returned one for warranty work, NEVER broke down in the woods and never been disappointed at the power ,performance or build quality, are they perfect in every way? Hell no nothing is. So I guess you will continue to bash the RZR and those that bought them right up till you get permission from the wife to buy one.
roflmao Cause when you do then you will be ownedsm roflmao
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 4:19 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Big-R wrote:
GunRunner wrote:
Big-R wrote:
GunRunner wrote:
So what if it does, if its like the products it sells now it will have a awesome rotax motor and the rest will be a POS roflmao

So what your saying is, it is like a po po RZR with a Great motor..... roflmao

No, im saying can am is a pos but its better than a one lung rhino roflmao

Well Gunny, I am going to let you in on a little secret. Many people think Polaris is a POS. Just because you have one does not mean it is the greats built machine.

Personally, I think Polaris quality is no where near Yamaha, Kawasaki and Honda. The only reason I am considering a RZR is because it is a very fun machine. Not because it is a well built machine. Also, I just need it to last for a year or two. That should be long enough for Yamaha, Can-AM or Kawasaki to make a machine just as fun as the RZR.

Whats funny is, I never said polaris was the best built, I only said canam were pos and they are, but in fun factor they are way more fun than a single cyl machine and thats another fact. So your little analogy of my post is just ridiculous , that being said the fact you throw off on the rzr in one breath and say you're going to buy one in the next just too funny. As to build quality, believe what you want, polaris does use way better components than the jap brands, braided ss brake lines, transmissions and gear boxs made by spicer(same company that has built us auto parts for decades) electrics by Bosch, gauges by VDO, and the list goes on. I have owned 6 polaris's since 2005 and have NEVER returned one for warranty work, NEVER broke down in the woods and never been disappointed at the power ,performance or build quality, are they perfect in every way? Hell no nothing is. So I guess you will continue to bash the RZR and those that bought them right up till you get permission from the wife to buy one.
roflmao Cause when you do then you will be ownedsm roflmao

6 in 4 years ...........now that says something........................ roflmao roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 6:55 pm

I think Honda has the most reliable, lasting machine. Too bad they choose to make a SLUG to throw into the SxS market. I am also anxiously awaiting Suzuki to throw something out there. Polaris RZRs.....nice machine........Rhino.....different, but equally good in its own respect. I like all the brands......all have good and bad. The S is definitely the best trail machine I have driven so far.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:42 pm

GunRunner wrote:
So I guess you will continue to bash the RZR and those that bought them right up till you get permission from the wife to buy one.

Gunny I have not bashed the RZR. I am just saying that Polaris is not the same quality as Yamaha. So believe what you want. If you have had four machine in six years I hope you have not needed a warranty. You do not put enough miles on one to need it.

And yes I am going to buy an RZR. And I know it is not the same quality as Yamaha. However, it is the best trail machine out there. I have said this repeatedly. You on the other hand bash the rhino every chance you get.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:49 pm

Bash the Rhino........it's a tough enough machine to take it. thatsright
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:15 pm

Bash the Rhino all you want. Mine hauled 4 people all weekend without a single issue and then finished the weekend pulling a 60" swisher mower for 4 hours in 90F temps. No issues at all. The Rhino with it's internal clutch and "always under tension" belt is made for work and long life.

The belt system is a reason why I would not pull that mower with my Can-am -- same reason I would not do it with a Rzr. Some machines are not built for work.

As for speed I'll race any of your Rzr's S's. I pick the race location -- the "soggy Bottoms" trail in WV near wagon wheel. My Rhino will make it through the stump mudhole while the RZR S takes it's time spinning and hoping to get some traction....

I am not bashing the Rzr -- It's a great machine and I fully intend to rent another when I go to Utah again. Of course I'll only rent if I can get a 50" wide one. The 60" wide Rzr will not make it through the Paiute trail gates.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:01 pm

Man this thread has had the poo Hijack out of it.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:55 pm

Big-R wrote:
You on the other hand bash the rhino every chance you get.

lol! Bullshit I have said i dont want one, that they are under powered, as all one cyl motors are and i will never buy one, that Mr.R is not bashing. I only bash the brands that deserve it. The rhino is a good little machine, just not my cup of tea, i prefer something with a little power and excitement built in thats why i sold the prowler i had. It was a good machine but just like the rhino it was one cyl and it too was built more for doing chores on the farm.
Back to top Go down
Z06-08
SSXSRider Member
Z06-08

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:03 pm

just damn i like them all thatsright Chug Screwed HatWave
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:10 pm

OK I looked back through this thread. For what it's worth most of my riding is on my Can-am Outlander 800 and not in my Rhino. I ride with many other ATV's and SxS's. There are 5 people I ride with often that have Can-am Outlanders. All will buy another Can-am when they need another ATV. I am the same way. Ride a Can-am 800 and then tell me that the Rotax does not impress. There is no comparison -- I have ridden them all.

I purchased my Outlander for the Rotax power. I have beat it and it has performed flawlessly. I know the parts are high $$ and the nearest good dealer is 3 hours away. I accept that for the performance. Buy a Ford and your nearest dealer is 5 miles away -- buy a Porsche and you know parts are high and service is specialized but that is the price of performance.

Do I want the Can-am SXS -- Hell YES!! I can just feel the 990cc Rotax -- 95hp of pure Fun!

I buy for the motor but If I was building from scratch I would use:

Polaris Frame
CanAm/Rotax Motor
Arctic Cat Duramatic Transmission
Yamaha Differentials
Honda Reliability
Third Party Aftermarket Suspension (sorry but all OEM suk at Suspension)
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:19 pm

I used to love bashing my Rhino, It could take my licking, and keep on ticking. Honestly, theres' no way this RZR can take a beating that a Rhino can. As fast?? of course not.
Can you shift a RZR from L to H at 40?? Hell no you can't, you can try, but I could do it with the Rhino. The RZR's tranny would spill gears out on the ground...........Is the Rhino ment to be speed-shifted?? No, but it can take it, the RZR can't, you will explode the half-assed Spicer-stuff..........And just because it says Spicer, don't mean shit........I'd rather see "Made In Japan" on it.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:19 pm

No argument on the rotax, its the best thing canam has going, maybe they will get the rest of there machines quality to that of the motor then it would be a awesome machine.
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:24 pm

I'm with you Ridepate --

Made In Japan

The most reliable products say those three words. My dad has a 1991 Honda Fourtrax 300 with who knows how many 1000's of hours and it just runs. Never has been back to the dealer and finally had the starter go after 19 years of being used 10+ times a day. Honda over engineers their products. Yamaha does also but not as much as Honda. I have yet to see a farmer that uses his ATV/SxS daily using a Popo. Ain't gonna happen -- at least not for long.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:29 pm

This thread is like a Good Movie , .. thatsright

Got me some popcorn and a coke ,
I am ready.... Eat
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:33 pm

roamerr wrote:
I'm with you Ridepate --

Made In Japan

The most reliable products say those three words. My dad has a 1991 Honda Fourtrax 300 with who knows how many 1000's of hours and it just runs. Never has been back to the dealer and finally had the starter go after 19 years of being used 10+ times a day. Honda over engineers their products. Yamaha does also but not as much as Honda. I have yet to see a farmer that uses his ATV/SxS daily using a Popo. Ain't gonna happen -- at least not for long.

You aint been looking very hard, our military has been using them for many years and lots of people swear by them, honda is very reliable but yamaha and the rest are not even close to having thier reputation for reliability
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:40 pm

GunRunner wrote:
roamerr wrote:
I'm with you Ridepate --

Made In Japan

You aint been looking very hard, our military has been using them for many years and lots of people swear by them, honda is very reliable but yamaha and the rest are not even close to having thier reputation for reliability

If I am not mistaken, I think the military just switch to Kawasaki. (Not 100% sure)
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:56 am

can am sxs - Page 2 2dwetzp

Nothing else compares............
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:27 am

Eat Bottoms Up can am sxs - Page 2 Bizzle10
surrender
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:04 am

Big-R wrote:

If I am not mistaken, I think the military just switch to Kawasaki. (Not 100% sure)

No switch, they just got a deal on a bunch of teryx's cause Kawasaki couldn't find anyone else to take them. The military has polaris build them units to there specs, has been for many years.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:07 am

ridepate wrote:
can am sxs - Page 2 2dwetzp

Nothing else compares............

roflmao Then tell me why you spent 14K on a American machine???? thatsright can am sxs - Page 2 13435

I'll tell you why, cause Jap Shit Ain't got NOTHING even close to the fun factor,speed and trail ability the rzr has and thats a fact jack! lol!
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

PostSubject: Re: can am sxs   can am sxs - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 8:05 pm

Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member