SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rhino Wheel Bearings

Go down 
+14
dmac
ridepate
4x4pac
tim
jerr_81
Big-R
Mudchuck
nocerisdave
rhino nut
RedNeckRanger
bush
Swat cop 180
Mud-and-Guts
wvyankee2
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Wheel Bearings   Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:11 am

Big-R wrote:
ridepate wrote:
smith700 wrote:
3206 miles......still on stock set! thatsright ownedsm There is no movement AT ALL in any of them. drive

I'll bring a jack to Windrock.................. Smiles

Yeah I got to see this. Smith, your wheels are going to fall off your buggy....... beat

X3...lol

Yea I used the blind bearing puller, excellent investment wish I had purchased one sooner.... Thanks for the tip bro! Changed both sides in about 40-45 minutes which included installing and removing the wheels....

If these fail as soon as the Allballs I believe my next set will be from Yamaha!!!! That or I may have to go back with a set of 5+2 wheels...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Wheel Bearings   Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:16 am

Boys, I'm not joking around, we had it took to the dealer 2 times for a one-way bearing going out. And when they had it, for some reason they reset the odometer on it, as it only shows 717 miles on the odometer right now, but the dealer reset the ODO at the first 880 miles, and then at 1609 miles.....but if you add it up it comes up to 3206 miles
717+880+1609=3206
We just ride easy and cruise along about 5MPH on the trails....no deep mud for me!
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Wheel Bearings   Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:13 am

smith700 wrote:
Boys, I'm not joking around, we had it took to the dealer 2 times for a one-way bearing going out. And when they had it, for some reason they reset the odometer on it, as it only shows 717 miles on the odometer right now, but the dealer reset the ODO at the first 880 miles, and then at 1609 miles.....but if you add it up it comes up to 3206 miles
717+880+1609=3206
We just ride easy and cruise along about 5MPH on the trails....no deep mud for me!

Did they reset the actual odometer or the trip odometer? Mine has two trip odometer that can easily be reset then the actual odometer that cannot be reset to my knowledge...
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Wheel Bearings   Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:06 pm

They reset the odometer, the one you can't reset on the dash buttons. That is why it only shows 717 miles right now.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Wheel Bearings   Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:07 pm

Ive got my rears off right now the only prob is the blind bearing puller kit the biggest piece in it seems to not be big enough? Am i a tard or what should i try?
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Wheel Bearings   Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:20 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
Ive got my rears off right now the only prob is the blind bearing puller kit the biggest piece in it seems to not be big enough? Am i a tard or what should i try?

My kit came from Harbor freight and it works great! You may have a kit designed for smaller bearings..
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Wheel Bearings   Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 5:50 pm

NVM figured it out got the rears done and one left to go on the front I broke one of the bearings off in there tho and its not wanting to come out im about to take the torch to it and bang it out
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Wheel Bearings   Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:23 pm

Mud-and-Guts wrote:
MuddyBuddy wrote:

My kit came from Harbor freight and it works great!

Me too.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Wheel Bearings   Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 8:12 pm

AIRBORNE wrote:
Mud-and-Guts wrote:
MuddyBuddy wrote:

My kit came from Harbor freight and it works great!

Me too.

Yeah that is the one you need. Harbor freight Blind bearing puller. Man was I ever happy to find that thing. beat
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Wheel Bearings   Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 8:14 pm

I think I made a little video using mine! I will look and see if I still have it..
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Wheel Bearings   Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 8:36 pm

Mud-and-Guts wrote:
I think I made a little video using mine! I will look and see if I still have it..

That would be a good idea. I think I took pics the first time I used mine. I will look for them also.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Wheel Bearings   Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 8:57 pm

smith700 wrote:
717+880+1609=3206

That's weird............Mikeys 660 re-set, or should I say ,deducted miles on his odo when the battery went dead once???? It lost like 200 miles.....Damnifiknow kinda thing.........
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Wheel Bearings   Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 9:53 pm

ridepate wrote:
smith700 wrote:
717+880+1609=3206

That's weird............Mikeys 660 re-set, or should I say ,deducted miles on his odo when the battery went dead once???? It lost like 200 miles.....Damnifiknow kinda thing.........

scratch Man that is odd.....
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Wheel Bearings   Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 9:58 pm

Yea...it's weird for sure....
My ODO reset back to zero though.....not the tripmeters either, the odometer. I thought it was illegal to reset the odo on cars and things???
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Wheel Bearings   Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 11:01 pm

Big-R wrote:
Mud-and-Guts wrote:

That would be a good idea. I think I took pics the first time I used mine. I will look for them also.

I guess I deleted the vid! I will try to remember to make one the next time I change them..
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Wheel Bearings   Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:02 am

got em done and new front brakes!! Im debating on lockin her up till jan 20th so she will be perfect!
Back to top Go down
Doc
SSXSRider Member
Doc

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Wheel Bearings   Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:31 am

This is an interesting thread and it seems I'm not alone changing bearings. I have been cursed with this on all my atv's and after the factory ones give up the replacements become sooner. I will say I have tried factory open and aftermarket sealed bearings and cannot tell a difference in the lifespan but I will say all my bearings was innocent bystanders it was the seal that failed and let all the bad stuff in to begin with.
In case you get low on grease may want to try some Bel-Ray waterproof grease most of the others are water resistant but even this one will be defeated in time.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Wheel Bearings   Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:50 am

SBBDoc wrote:
In case you get low on grease may want to try some Bel-Ray waterproof grease most of the others are water resistant but even this one will be defeated in time.

I started packing my Rhino bearings with marine grease before I put them in. As a matter of fact it was the last time I replace the bearings. I have only put 400 miles on it since but they are doing good for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Wheel Bearings   Rhino Wheel Bearings - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhino Wheel Bearings
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3