SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RZR tranny question?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tim
SSXSRider Member
tim

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-09-09

RZR tranny question? Empty
PostSubject: RZR tranny question?   RZR tranny question? EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 8:13 pm

I have doing some research on the RZR. I have been consedering selling the Rhino and getting one for a while now. Ok on to my question. From what I have been reading the tranny is not like the one in the Rhino it takes transmision fluid? If it does take transmission fliud does it have a tranny cooler? How often do you change it? Sorry for the questions but from what I have been reading on some fourms I was not to clear.Thanks

Tim
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: RZR tranny question?   RZR tranny question? EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:10 pm

It takes a lubricant that is not 80-90 gear dope like the rear diff is, but its different from the lubricant the front diff takes too. None of which are like automotive transmission fluid if that was the question. The only reason some one would call it transmission fluid is cause thats where it goes being its different from the oil in the motor, the diff fluid in the front diff and different from the rear diff lube too. Yes thats 4 kinds of fluid you need to service, 10-40 oil, on demand front drive lube, transmission lube, rear diff lube. No there is no external cooler. Im not sure without looking but other than a oil change, about a 1000 miles before servive on the other 3 or more often if you want too. Polaris dealers carry all the fluids and they are not terrible expensive as for oil, it only takes 2 qts for a change + a filter
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Showtime

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: RZR tranny question?   RZR tranny question? EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:26 pm

Be careful, read and ask questions when you change all these fluids. Not all the dealers I spoke with had it right or had in stock the right stuff and acted like anything would do the job. Gunny was able to talk to his dealer and get the straight scoop for me. The front diff. uses one type of fluid, the rear diff. another type of fluid. Tranny and transfer case use the same type and each has its own place to add. Engine uses another type. So like Gunny says, thats 4 types of fluid. I got all mine from polaris and change engine oil more often than recomended. I also changed all other fluids just mentioned at 500 miles to be safe. All looked fine and could have easily gone much longer but I'm glad I did it. I used a turkey baster to add the fluid. It was slow but neat!! hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
tim
SSXSRider Member
tim

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: RZR tranny question?   RZR tranny question? EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 10:30 pm

That is what I was looking for. Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RZR tranny question?   RZR tranny question? Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR tranny question?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Polaris-
Jump to: