SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brimstone New Years weekend pics

Go down 
+13
Clayboy
Big-R
MuddyBuddy
Woodtick
shawnley1222
highlander
CaptMorgansgirl
wvyankee2
MarkW
mason
stealth
RZRS-EDGE
AIRBORNE
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Brimstone New Years weekend pics Empty
PostSubject: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:13 pm

Sorry, I don't have time to go thru and individually post every pic. You can click on the link below and it should give you a slideshow. I will type up a brief ride report. Melissa and I loaded up Rhino, RZR, two Labradors, a bunch of food and beverages, and enough clothes to tackle the worst weather. We arrived at Brimstone and checked into the cabin about 330PM EST on New Year's Eve. We were concerned our good buddy MarkW was not going to make it due to his girl having to receive a SPINAL TAP affraid on Thursday morning. To her credit, she did in fact make the haul down. Unfortunately she was not able to ride for more than a couple of hours due to the soreness. Friday.....Heath, Melissa and myself took a nice loop around to see how much they have logged down there. We got back to the cabin about 12pm to find Clay had arrived and unloaded. We all hit the trail. Unfortunately Mark had to turn back very early into the ride. We all hope Jill gets to feeling better. humper allright We rode till dark then came back to the cabin for a nice hot porkloin dinner prepared by Mark and Jill. The hot chow after a long day in the cold was great. Saturday morning we got an early start with a hot breakfast and a nice dusting of snow on the ground. Heath, BlakeT and Teshua met Clay, Melissa and me at the parking lot past Trails End. We did a VERY good ride with some nice obstacles. THANK YOU HEATH AND BLAKE FOR SHOWING US AROUND!! We ran into a small roadblock ( a dead 660 Rhino), and then another small situation where a guy thought his 700 Rhino was invincible. We, doing what the SSSR normally do, tried our best to get these guys up and running and out of the bad spots they were in. After that, we did some more riding as the sun was going down. We managed to get back to the cabin just as it was getting dark. The weather was getting VERY cold2 by this time. Some brakes had even begun to freeze up, so it was time to pack it in. We had an awesome dinner which included some deer, brats, burgers and various other goodies (armadillo eggs) Chef All in all, this was one helluva weekend and what a way to ring in the new year. Yahoo

https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/?albumview=slideshow
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:28 pm

Having to winch up a VERY slick spot
Brimstone New Years weekend pics BrimstoneNewYearsride019
A little BS-ing on the trails
Brimstone New Years weekend pics BrimstoneNewYearsride028
Brimstone New Years weekend pics BrimstoneNewYearsride042
This cabin is for rent.......CHEAP. You just have to access it with your SxS
Brimstone New Years weekend pics BrimstoneNewYearsride040
A nice little slick crossing
Brimstone New Years weekend pics BrimstoneNewYearsride030
Melissa driving the Rhino like a champ
Brimstone New Years weekend pics BrimstoneNewYearsride044
The dead 660

Brimstone New Years weekend pics BrimstoneNewYearsride046
Brimstone New Years weekend pics BrimstoneNewYearsride047
Brimstone New Years weekend pics BrimstoneNewYearsride049
Clay making it look easy
Brimstone New Years weekend pics BrimstoneNewYearsride051
The view this morning from the cabin of the frozen trees
Brimstone New Years weekend pics BrimstoneNewYearsride061
The cabin
Brimstone New Years weekend pics BrimstoneNewYearsride062

Some pictures of historic town of Rugby, where Melissa and I had breakfast this morning
Brimstone New Years weekend pics BrimstoneNewYearsride063
Brimstone New Years weekend pics BrimstoneNewYearsride064
Brimstone New Years weekend pics BrimstoneNewYearsride065
Brimstone New Years weekend pics BrimstoneNewYearsride066
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:42 pm

Looks like a good ride but cold2
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:43 pm

Brimstone New Years weekend pics 862438 it looked cold2
Back to top Go down
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:49 pm

perfect10 Looks good cool thanks LT glad ya had a blast.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:51 pm

Would've been nice if the VA crew would have come along!!! Just kidding....we will link up on another one soon hopefully. I hope your shoulder feels better Mason!
Back to top Go down
MarkW
SSXSRider Member
MarkW

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:52 pm

Thanks to LT, Mel, for all his effort, adn always glad to see Clay. Super company, nice to see Chop, Heath.

Sorry to you guys we couldn't ride and were a little puny.

Still a great time and great people, special sory to Clay for falling down the steps, almost on his head. I just lost my balance, liquor had nothing to do with it roflmao roflmao

Great trip Love you guys

M
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 pm

One thing that helps fight the cold2 is some of this Beer and drunken
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:58 pm

I'm ready to go back to Brimestone!!!........When it's warm
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:22 pm

Great pics. Looked like a great weekend. cheers
Back to top Go down
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:11 pm

yes LT we will ride together when it gets warm should be healed up by then and hope to have new rzrS to. thanks looking forward to riding brimestone,windrock,pickett and alot of other places this year
Back to top Go down
CaptMorgansgirl
SSXSRider Member
CaptMorgansgirl

Number of posts : 1573
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:12 pm

Cool Pics!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:14 pm

Back to top Go down
highlander
SSXSRider Member
highlander

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:16 pm

I had a blast and got to see some old friends. Thanks to LT, Mel, and Clay for fixing dinner on saturday night. Look forward to the next trip. perfect10 welcome2
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:24 pm

too cold2 for me but it would be fun to ride in the snow
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Hey LT, Was the 660 ya'll helped   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:27 pm

the same guy that post down below in the Rhino Room about his buggy dying at Brimstone? Fuel related problems? Just wondering if it was the same guy by chance? Great pics and looks like ya'll had a good time. 8* here this morning. Almost too cold to ride for us Old Farts! Brimstone New Years weekend pics 729242 Brimstone New Years weekend pics 729242
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:36 pm

Phil, yes.....same fellow. Nice guy and I told him to come on over and check us out. He lives close to Nashville so he is in the heart of the country our guys ride the most.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:40 pm

Here is the invincible Rhino. For those that have ridden Brimstone.....you know this spot is no cake walk, even coming down. I can't believe this guy was trying to climb it. He dang-near barrel rolled down this hill.
Brimstone New Years weekend pics MelsBrimstoneNewYearspics018
Brimstone New Years weekend pics MelsBrimstoneNewYearspics020
Brimstone New Years weekend pics MelsBrimstoneNewYearspics024
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:54 pm

Yeah that guy was a lil crazy, kept his cool tho! Im up there in the hunter orange facemask sitting on his bumper so he didnt go end over end. I couldn't believe his lady wasn't freaking out like mine was coming down it! And yeah Im the fuel failure guy. Fuel pumps hate me, ive had enough with yamaha oem parts!!!! Sorry for being in the way wont happen again i swear! Im either about to upgrade to an electric setup or the weller racing/ UTV Crap High flow kit. Im gettin a cabin next time too, 8 degrees on a blow up mattress in a tent was not too much fun.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Sorry guys. I should have been there. I wish I was. Looks like you guys had a good time. The only thing you need was a Big-R Brimstone New Years weekend pics 13435

I did get a lot of work done Friday and today. We did hit the trails Saturday and had a good time. It was about 22 in WV. Dam that is cold in an RZR. They are no way near as warm as a Rhino. I guess that is one down fall. But they are sure fun.

When is the next ride to Brimstone???????
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:05 pm

Great pix LT & Mel, I had a blast! Thanks to all that were there,,,, I'm ready to do it again!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:10 pm

Clayboy wrote:
Great pix LT & Mel, I had a blast! Thanks to all that were there,,,, I'm ready to do it again!

Like I said
Big-R wrote:

.............When is the next ride to Brimstone???????
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:18 pm

Big-R wrote:
Clayboy wrote:

Like I said
Big-R wrote:

Sorry dude, invitation only! thatsright thatsright
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:20 pm

Clayboy wrote:
Big-R wrote:
Clayboy wrote:

Like I said
Big-R wrote:

Sorry dude, invitation only! thatsright thatsright

Well I guess I will have to ride in WV. hide
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:38 pm

I will not be at Brimstone again for quite awhile..........BUT...I will be in WV in about three weeks if you wanna ride those WV trails. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone New Years weekend pics   Brimstone New Years weekend pics Empty

Back to top Go down

Brimstone New Years weekend pics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: Multi-Media :: Photos-
Jump to: