SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lift Springs?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Lift Springs? Empty
PostSubject: Lift Springs?   Lift Springs? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 1:56 am

Ok so Ive installed several bracket lift kits but I believe lift springs are my better option now for some reasons. I have a 07 rhino and i only want a inch or two better ground clearance instead of the "bracket" style lift that is 3 inches. If all goes to plan im gettin 27 inch outlaw radials tomorrow so that will help alot plus some lift springs, but do they actually increase the ride experience and smoothness any along with a lil lift? Also I want red ones to match the rhino and the rims im getting! So anybody know where to get some? Install tips? Any and all input would be great!!! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Lift Springs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Springs?   Lift Springs? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:00 am

I am not sure about "lift springs", but I do know if you add EPI springs to the Progressive rear shocks it adds about 2". I really don't know if you can add EPI springs to the stock shocks though. You might wait for someone else to chime in. I have a set of stock Progressive springs (red) for the rears that I would part with. I am running Progressive shocks all around, rears with EPI HD springs, 2" Moose lift on the front. I don't have too many complaints with the ride on mine. The HD springs were really stiff until they got some miles on them, but they are just about right. If you have shock questions, DoddS has tuned a lot on the Rhino he had. He may be able to give you some tips. Let me know if you want those red springs.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
onrope

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Lift Springs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Springs?   Lift Springs? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 8:50 pm

So LT, are the Progressive shocks really expensive? What about the springs? I am currently running the High Lifter springs up front and rear. I want a little more lift. I cannot run a lift kit since I am running an LTE dual exhaust and it will interfere. This sounds like the ticket for me to gain more clearance.
Back to top Go down
http://atvtorture.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Lift Springs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Springs?   Lift Springs? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:50 am

The Progressive shocks were not really expensive. But if you are already running HL springs and you are trying for more lift, the Progressive are not what you want. You actually lose just a touch of GC over stock with Progressives. If I were you I would look into the Moose lift. It is a small set of shackles that would not interfere with your exhaust.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
onrope

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Lift Springs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Springs?   Lift Springs? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:54 am

Airborne LT wrote:
The Progressive shocks were not really expensive. But if you are already running HL springs and you are trying for more lift, the Progressive are not what you want. You actually lose just a touch of GC over stock with Progressives. If I were you I would look into the Moose lift. It is a small set of shackles that would not interfere with your exhaust.

Thanks. I will take a look at that. I am also looking into the Rubberdown lift which sounds a lot like the Moose lift.
Back to top Go down
http://atvtorture.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Lift Springs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Springs?   Lift Springs? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:04 am

onrope wrote:
Airborne LT wrote:

Thanks. I will take a look at that. I am also looking into the Rubberdown lift which sounds a lot like the Moose lift.

Several of us on here had the RubberDown lift (including me) and ended up taking it off. It was a great quality lift that is bullet proof, but the lift was just too extreme and caused some axle to frame clearance issues. They may have fixed it by now, but you were getting about 2 1/4" out of their lift and about 1 3/4" is about all you want to push the Rhino suspension with that type of lift.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Lift Springs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Springs?   Lift Springs? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 12:40 pm

Is anybody on here running a sport setup or know how much more lift putting shocks on my rhino will give it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lift Springs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lift Springs?   Lift Springs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lift Springs?
Page 1 of 1