SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Truckers Strike

Go down 
+9
Big-R
nocerisdave
wrenchhead
Clutch
Killer Kodiak
GunRunner
Clayboy
wvyankee2
GODAWGS
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Truckers Strike - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truckers Strike   Truckers Strike - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 8:37 pm

The U.S. can lower the price of oil. We just go drill it out of our own land. Supply and demand. The oil supply is controlled by a cartel. Decrease supply increase price, increase supply decrease price. This is if you meet demand.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Truckers Strike   Truckers Strike - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 9:01 pm

Big-R wrote:
The U.S. can lower the price of oil. We just go drill it out of our own land. Supply and demand. The oil supply is controlled by a cartel. Decrease supply increase price, increase supply decrease price. This is if you meet demand.

Yea, and our Congress has blocked Bush every step of the way when it comes to more drilling.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Truckers Strike   Truckers Strike - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 9:05 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Big-R wrote:

Yea, and our Congress has blocked Bush every step of the way when it comes to more drilling.

And refineries Mad
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Truckers Strike   Truckers Strike - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 7:54 pm

Well.....take a look at it like this....Up here we are paying $4.20 per. gal My Pete holds 200 gal. That comes to $840.00 just to fill it up!!!! 1 day is more that it would take if we could get ALL the trucks to take 1 day off.
My 2 cents. Foxfire Truckers Strike - Page 2 DSCF0195
Back to top Go down
GODAWGS

GODAWGS

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Truckers Strike   Truckers Strike - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 9:00 pm

nice looking Pete
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Truckers Strike   Truckers Strike - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 9:14 pm

Foxfire wrote:
Well.....take a look at it like this....Up here we are paying $4.20 per. gal My Pete holds 200 gal. That comes to $840.00 just to fill it up!!!! 1 day is more that it would take if we could get ALL the trucks to take 1 day off.
My 2 cents. Foxfire Truckers Strike - Page 2 DSCF0195

Man that's a lot of ......................................... TREE :)
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Truckers Strike   Truckers Strike - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 4:29 pm

As a worker in the oil drilling industry, what we need are more refineries. We are drilling wide open in the Gulf of Mexico, and around the world. My company is a drilling contractor, so we get paid to work for the oil companies, and "money talks", so yes, our rigs get sent overseas to drill for the foreign oil companies, but like I said, "money talks". Very few, if any, of our drilling rigs are "stacked", which means not working. America could get their oil from American oil companies, and not rely on foreign countries. I saw something on an email that showed how much oil tha the "American" oil companies imported, and it was astonsihing! We're talking BP/Amoco, Shell, etc. Sonoco imported the least, but their stations are scarce where I live. Citgo is the one you DO NOT want to trade with, it is owned by Hugo Chavez of Brazil, and we all know how he is!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truckers Strike   Truckers Strike - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Truckers Strike
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2