SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky

Go down 
+5
jasonch
rubicon05
AIRBORNE
S
wvyankee2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky   Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:46 am

Anyone ever been there? Says 2500 acres and hundreds of miles of trails. http://www.atvaonline.com/Ride/TurkeyBay_KY.asp

Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky Tb1
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky   Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:57 pm

I think Airborne has been there a few times. I hear it is pretty rocky.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky   Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 5:13 pm

Been there many times. I like it, especially for camping right there at the trailhead. Good place for Jeeps, SxS, ATVs. I am not a fan when it is really crowded though because the trails go either direction and the sport ATVs and dirtbikes fly through there.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky   Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 7:26 am

it's a pretty cool place.....definitely not 100s of miles of trails though....i'd be surprised if it were more than 70 miles of trails.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky   Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:33 am

rubicon05 wrote:
it's a pretty cool place.....definitely not 100s of miles of trails though....i'd be surprised if it were more than 70 miles of trails.

May be counting a lot of single track trails. It did seem like alot for 2500 acres.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky   Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 12:09 pm

TONS and TONS of difficult climbs and technical stuff for Jeeps. Some INSANE climbs for SxS.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
jasonch

jasonch

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky   Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:32 pm

i live about 20 min. from there. i would describe it as ok, good for a weekend ride, but not a week long ride.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky   Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 11:30 pm

jasonch wrote:
i live about 20 min. from there. i would describe it as ok, good for a weekend ride, but not a week long ride.

Well I have a cabin at Nolin, maybe I will dive down and check your place out!!!!
Back to top Go down
jasonch

jasonch

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky   Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:21 am

live outside of murray
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky   Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:23 pm

LBL is a great one day-two at the most riding spot. More suited to play riding style. I didnt care for it on my Rhino but the Rzr is more fun.....the loose gravel hills on a Rhino dont work so well. Now, I will say LBL is a sport quad heaven!
Back to top Go down
jasonch

jasonch

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky   Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:42 pm

my son and i did a 3 day camping trip in oct there, had a great time. we were riding alone so we didnt really try anything. its fun though to get in with the jeeps and watch them climb, they put in 2 rock gardens so it fun to watch that too.
Back to top Go down
The Big Show

The Big Show

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky   Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 6:01 am

I like Turkey Bay and ride there a few times a year. Anyone
wanting to ride there just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Hellrzr

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky   Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 8:40 pm

The Big Show wrote:
I like Turkey Bay and ride there a few times a year. Anyone
wanting to ride there just let me know.

Wow, eight hours away affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky   Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky Empty

Back to top Go down

Turkey Bay OHV area.....Kentucky
Page 1 of 1