SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can-Am videos now on YouTube

Go down 
+11
nocerisdave
BIG D 57
Rhino Rob
ridepate
tim
Foxfire
Hollon
cajuncoot
hillbillyrzrs
garnog
2Slow4U
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Can-Am videos now on YouTube Empty
PostSubject: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:02 am

It's a game-changer, IMO...

This one gives a sense of its performance:

Another ride:

Movie made of stills, showing its features:

Its engineering and features, from the product manager:

Accesories available from accessories product manager:

Last edited by KentT on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
garnog

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:43 am

Did I miss it. What is the wheelbase?
Back to top Go down
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:51 am

Wheelbase is 72 overall length is 118 and is 58.6 inches wide and 77 inches tall
Back to top Go down
garnog

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:52 am

garnog wrote:
Did I miss it. What is the wheelbase?

I found it. 75.8 inches.
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:02 am

Roughly Teryx sized, correct?
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:26 am

just talked to todd at hunterworks ,,,he has rode them both and says top speed is 70 (limited) and is doing a write up on them right now to be posted later at ridesidebyside.com he will also try to post it here!!
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:43 am

Even BATMAN would be impressed with this machine!!
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:44 am

OOOOOOOOH BOY Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
tim
SSXSRider Member
tim

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:29 pm

I like it. the Black and yellow x is the poo .
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:56 pm

The game has changed, BIG-TIME!!!
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:05 pm

ridepate wrote:
The game has changed, BIG-TIME!!!

It will be interesting to see how the competitors respond.

Rumor has it there's a new RZR due out later this year... Doubt they'll revamp the Ranger XP, since its bench seat and freight hauling are its sales points to begin with. RZR still has that 50in width that will allow them on National Forest trails and such, but the S is seriously threatened by this machine, IMO.

IMO, if Yamaha doesn't bring out their new model, with a twin, they're done. Given the lawsuits, their financial straits, and the conservative Japanese, the Rhino may go the way of the already-discontinued Rhino 450 and the Dodo bird...

Kawasaki has a good foundation, but this leave them far behind on both performance and features... same for Arctic Cat. The 1000cc Cat has the engine, but is too top-heavy and lacks suspension to compete with this thing.

It looks like they went down a checklist of what people bitch about on all the other brands, and addressed them. Give this thing a year to get the bugs worked out, and the aftermarket to fully gear up, and it'll be a beast.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:23 pm

Hmmm Commander Rob ???? might have to pull a pate on this one.
Back to top Go down
garnog

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:25 pm

Hunterworks review

Can Am Commander UTV

I have been about to bust for so long about the Can Am Commander. I had the opportunity to be a beta tester like a few others and spend quite a few hours in the seat of all the models.

When we got to test ride the vehicles we had the competition there to ride as well. When you ride one vehicle say a month apart from another brand vehicle they all ride the same but when you can get out of one and right in another the differences become so apparent. Right from the beginning I knew the Commander was totally different, it feels like it has long travel when it does not. I have never been able to drive across terrain as fast as I could with the Commander. The rear swing arm suspension just soaks it up.

I rode all the models from 800 to 1000X and they all handle and ride great. I remember after riding the Commander for the first time and then getting into a Rhino I thought I had it in low range. The dash was in metric so I didn't know how fast I was going, I actually pulled over to check. The power and speed is just that much of a difference. Me and another test rider drag raced the Commander 1000 against a RZR and there just was no comparison, the Commander simply just left it. Comparing the suspension of the Commander X to the RZR S again was no comparison, the Commander's suspension just soaks up whatever you want to give it. I can tell you I was trying to just break the unit when I was testing, I ran it so hard and totally abused it and it just keep on giving back. The rear swing arm suspension with Fox shocks is so predictable and plush without the feeling of being too soft. I can tell you a heap of thought goes into one of these vehicles, they just don't throw one together.

The basic difference in the lowest 800 model and the 1000 X is just tires, wheels and engine, the dimensions are the same. Do not think if you buy the 800 model you will be settling, it will still outperform anything else out there.

A couple years ago I collected some data on our forum about how to make the perfect UTV, this information was given to Can Am so they could hear from the end user and they applied it. It is hard to remember all the details at this point but I can tell you every decision on every part of it has been thru with a fine tooth comb. I remember one detail that is good compared to others. The air filter is under the front hood and the intake is ran from under the dash of the passenger side of vehicle in the cab. This should keep the dirt and water ingestion to a minimum. The bed is a very unique, the bed has a bed under the bed and it is also a dry storage area. The storage area under the bed is sealed off with rubber gaskets and it also has a removable section between the bed and under bed storage to make for a very large compartment.

The seats are the most comfortable I have ever ridden in and they come out of the vehicle and can be placed on the ground to be used as a camp chair by design. The engine in the 1000 is a 800 Rotax stroked to make it a 996 and it just plain powerful. I think the clutching is off on the 1000CC but spot on, on the 800cc. They told me if they clutched it differently all you would do is spin with all the power it has. I say let it spin!! Of course the aftermarket will take care of this!!

I remember the seat belts being comfortable too and the ergonomics of all controls very good.

Unless they changed something top speed was 70mph and there is no rev limiter. The way they control this is by the throttle blade opening since it is a throttle by wire instead of a cable. So at 70mph the throttle just stops opening, it will vary its’ opening to maintain 70 mph if you hold it there but no missing or cutting out which is much nicer.

What I can tell you is, it is the most advanced UTV I have ever ridden, it is the best handling UTV I have ever ridden and the most powerful UTV I have every ridden, and just like Can Am is known for, you open the box and it is ready to go. I could take a bone stock 1000 X model and win all the races if I could just stay away from the trees I am known to hit.

If I had anything negative to say about the unit it would be these two points. Just like every other UTV the steering rack is the weak point but the aftermarket will fix that. The other thing is I am not a fan of the under bed storage compartment but only cause it will limit the use of a dual exhaust which will be a much desired item.

Click the link below to go right to the info on Can Am's website, prepare to be amazed!!
Back to top Go down
tim
SSXSRider Member
tim

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Nice review.
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 4:25 pm

BIG R YOU BETTER RAMP UP THE PAWN SHOP [[SIDE BY SIDE FOR SALE]
SPACE, THIS THING HAS ALL THE ANSWERS , BUT GIVE IT A FEW MONTHS FOR THE BUGS , TODDS REVIEW GAVE IT A BIG THUMBS UP Can-Am videos now on YouTube 780798 , BUT BIGHORNS, SOME WITH WINCH, FOX , THE SEATS LOOK GREAT, AND IT EVEN HAS STORAGE SPACE IN THE REAR!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Can Am definitely listens.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 6:42 pm

Those accessories kick ass. That winch multi mount is super sweet. cheers
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:27 pm

Teaser from Dirt Trax TV:

That twin sounds nice!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:03 pm

Machine looks killer, but I still want to see it do something besides run wide open on flat ground. A Prowler can run fast on level ground too, but still can't perform on technical stuff like an S. That is just my opinion of course. Maybe someone on here will buy one really soon and show us what it can really do. thatsright
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:14 pm

I do like the fact that it has a good storage box and the beadlock option is really cool too.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:33 pm

BIG D 57 wrote:
SPACE, THIS THING HAS ALL THE ANSWERS , BUT GIVE IT A FEW MONTHS FOR THE BUGS , TODDS REVIEW GAVE IT A BIG THUMBS UP Can-Am videos now on YouTube 780798 , BUT BIGHORNS, SOME WITH WINCH, FOX , THE SEATS LOOK GREAT, AND IT EVEN HAS STORAGE SPACE IN THE REAR!!!!!1

Yeah Todds review is not good enough for me. No dis to the man but he does not ride the way some of us do. There fore, I or a few of my friends need to try this thing out first. I guess I need to email Can Am for a test ride.
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:39 pm

Few more vids I found:

Good views of the red and camo models:

Gorilla Axles doing donuts with their new one:

Test drive:

Walkaround

Long boring ride on demo route...

Preview of upcoming commercial at the dealer show:

Back to top Go down
tim
SSXSRider Member
tim

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 2:26 pm

I like the commercial.
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 9:12 pm

Interesting comment on Highlifter forum, by Greg McMullen, the GM of Gorilla Axles, who's spinning those doughnuts above:

Quote :
Commander will run circles around the RZR based on handling and suspension. I've driven both pretty hard so I do have first hand experience.

http://forum.highlifter.com/fb.ashx?m=4217316
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 10:49 pm

Big-R wrote:
BIG D 57 wrote:

Yeah Todds review is not good enough for me. No dis to the man but he does not ride the way some of us do. There fore, I or a few of my friends need to try this thing out first. I guess I need to email Can Am for a test ride.

Todd hits trees.........and stumps............. roflmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can-Am videos now on YouTube   Can-Am videos now on YouTube Empty

Back to top Go down

Can-Am videos now on YouTube
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next