SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race

Go down 
+3
Big-R
Admin
rcmass
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race Empty
PostSubject: rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race   rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 11:07 am

rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race DSCN1508.sized

rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race DSCN1513.sized

rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race DSCN1516.sized

rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race DSCN1517.sized

rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race DSCN1520.sized

rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race DSCN1524.sized

rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race DSCN1526.sized

13th out of 20 in class - waiting on overall results...

Crazy place - they were overwhelmed by the amount of cars they had enter. OVERWHELMED - unorganized chaos - and hand scoring. Also had a great deal of discrepancies in scoring and class sorting IMO. and no tech inspection at all....

BUT...

Great time all day - those pro sport quad riders are bad ass and a ton of fun to watch! Yes, a lil damange, but all in all, not bad, cosmetic, and compared to the carnage we saw, we came out good!

one lil bit of tooting my horn... I did pull the holeshot for my class! We had em all into turns 1 and 2! Then the 700's caught me...

Last edited by rcmass on Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race   rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 11:16 am

im glad it worked out man cheers
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race   rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 11:20 am

Well, you were there backing your game. Good job and nice pics. :D
Back to top Go down
broknbonz

broknbonz

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race   rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 12:52 pm

nice pics, looked like fun. I believe my buddy David Bullard won the pro quad class. He's smokn fast.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race   rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 1:44 pm

good job RC... cheers
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race   rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 9:36 pm

bounce way to get the hole shot...at least you finished right?
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race   rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 8:22 am

I did finish.

I am gathering all the photos and more importantly video from all the folks we went with - hopefully will post it soon...

apparantly there is video proof of the holeshot and some good riding video.
Back to top Go down
c5tiger

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race   rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 10:40 am

I was there and had a good time. I DNFed after the 3rd lap, hit a tree and rolled. The course was shorter and much narrower than I thought it would be. The rzr was scrubbing trees, I do not know how the teryxs made it through. Did you see the 700+ mod start? The red teryx launched off of the line like it was shot out of a cannon. Yokley passed him in the first turn and was gone, he was flying. The rzrs had a big advantage because of size.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race   rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 7:27 pm

Great man..Thanks for representing the GIMP club guys..lol Did it mess you RZR up when you rolled?
Back to top Go down
c5tiger

PostSubject: Re: rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race   rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 8:10 pm

No I don't think I hurt it. My hand controls seem to have been tweaked a bit, with my arm strait I could only engage the brake half way. The engine was also idling high which took away my engine braking, so I called it quits and watched the rest of the race. The engine idles at around 1600 rpm but after giving it any gas it would drop back to 2300 rpm and then after a minute it would go back to 1600. All the linkage was fine I don't know why it did it but it's not doing now. There are some videos on youtube of the race seems I was not the only one to roll. I know 2 rzrs DNFed before I did (1 tie rod don't know about the other), 2 redline revolts both ripped a front wheel off, 1 teryx busted a radiator he kept going don't know if he finished, and several rhinos with front wheels pointing in opposite directions. It was a brutal race.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race   rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 8:41 pm

whats the link for youtube?
Back to top Go down
c5tiger

PostSubject: Re: rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race   rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 8:57 pm

search - gncc big buck utv
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race   rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 8:59 pm

I was lookin at it..

99% of them were RZR"s .. The track looked crappy..No place to pass
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race   rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 7:32 am

the track was tight and passign was difficult - I too dotn see how the T-rex did it - hell it was tough for me in spots - had to slow way down just tp keep teh front off of trees and keep the tie rods on!

the youtube vids are good - the start vid doesnt show my holeshot as well as I thought.... Wink that one white modified caught me quicker than I realized - damn it was fun though.

c5 - glad you and the machine are alright - from what i saw - there was quite a few that suffered far worse carnage!

This will catch on - and they will get more organized with better courses - cant wait for next year.... (though I may run one of the fall races - probably WV)
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race   rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 5:25 pm

Hey RC, In the last pic up top. there is a couple guys to your left with the Hunterworks Red Rhino. How did they like the Holeshot ATR tires on their Rhino, or did they say? Where did they place?
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race   rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 7:26 am

wvyankee2 wrote:
Hey RC, In the last pic up top. there is a couple guys to your left with the Hunterworks Red Rhino. How did they like the Holeshot ATR tires on their Rhino, or did they say? Where did they place?

yank - thats my neighbor / riding buddy .... he likes the holeshots mainly for the weight - thick mud they spun a lil but not horribly... everywhere else on the course he was fine.... they are super light - but also have a lot of wide open spots that are prone to punctures in rough stuff....so far though, (1 ride, 1 race) he likes em.

As for his place - he bumped a tree with the front right and popped a tie rod end - had to hammer it on several times with a rock he found on the course (his new best friend) he was only able to run a handful of laps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race   rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race Empty

Back to top Go down

rcmass @ Pirelli Big Buck GNCC Race
Page 1 of 1