SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help! Whats the Most Affordable Beadlock out there, and where do I get it?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shep

Shep

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Help!  Whats the Most Affordable Beadlock out there, and where do I get it? Empty
PostSubject: Help! Whats the Most Affordable Beadlock out there, and where do I get it?   Help!  Whats the Most Affordable Beadlock out there, and where do I get it? EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 10:23 pm

Hey Guys, in your opinion, what is the most affordable, and best looking beadlock out there? I really just want the look, I don't have to have the real deal. I ride in the rocks a lot, and my rims get beat up a lot. I was thinking, if I at least had a simulated beadlock, I could replace the rings when they started looking too bad. It would also be a lot stronger. Any ideals where I could find some, and some suggestions on what brand & model?

Oh yeah, one more thing? 12" or 14"? I know 14" looks better, but I ride in rock, so the 14" would take more of a beating, wouldn't they? While I'm at it Terra Cross, or Maxxis Bighorns? One mere thing before I go, why doesn't ITP make a 27" Terra Cross?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Help!  Whats the Most Affordable Beadlock out there, and where do I get it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help! Whats the Most Affordable Beadlock out there, and where do I get it?   Help!  Whats the Most Affordable Beadlock out there, and where do I get it? EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 11:47 pm

talk about a loaded post... lol!

if i were looking for beadlocks... i would buy used. you can find deals on RF.net and ebay. I don't really know which brands are good or bad... i've heard all beadlocks are pretty solid.

as for the size... you have more tire choices with 12inch. but, you're right... the 14 inch do look better.

most people will tell you bighorns... but, to each his own. there are plenty of tires out there that are just as good and alot cheaper. do some searches in the forums.. and you'll see plenty of good suggestions.

may not have helped you much... but, i wish ya luck. and let us know what you decide on.

cheers
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Help! Whats the Most Affordable Beadlock out there, and where do I get it?   Help!  Whats the Most Affordable Beadlock out there, and where do I get it? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 9:12 am

IMO - dont chinse on just the look - get beadlocks - they are worth it.

The ITP T7 SS 108 (I think) are about the only non beadlock designed to look like beadlocks - my problem with these - if oyu ever roll a bead on the trail - good luck getting tires spoons over the fake bead ring to rebead.

I have ITP T7 Beadlocks. I love them.

You can also have a compamy like OMF weld a bead ring onto just about any wheel.

I stuck with 12" wheels. I also have bighorns.

Good luck - hope all thsi helps.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Help! Whats the Most Affordable Beadlock out there, and where do I get it?   Help!  Whats the Most Affordable Beadlock out there, and where do I get it? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 9:14 am

Shep wrote:
why doesn't ITP make a 27" Terra Cross?

if oyu go to the extreme of a 27" - you better have MUD tires - and the Terra Cross is more of an all around...therefore there is no reason to make an all around tire that large for these machines... again...I stuck with 12" wheels and 25" bighorns - best combo for the riding I do.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: https://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/general-disscussion-f5/help-whats-the-most-affordable-beadlock-out-there-and-where-do-i-get-it-t764.htm   Help!  Whats the Most Affordable Beadlock out there, and where do I get it? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 7:12 pm

I run Terra Cross on 14's ....I really like them....lot of mud...lot of sand ....great in the snow...and ride smooth on the hard surfaces. The other guy's are right about more options with the 12" wheel ....lot more tires to choose from, but I think this will change with time as I have seen it in just 2 years.
My 2 cents and I hope it is some help!! Question Exclamation

Foxfire
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Help! Whats the Most Affordable Beadlock out there, and where do I get it?   Help!  Whats the Most Affordable Beadlock out there, and where do I get it? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 7:21 pm

Ive got the ITP type 7 Beadlocks in 12 inch..I really like them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help! Whats the Most Affordable Beadlock out there, and where do I get it?   Help!  Whats the Most Affordable Beadlock out there, and where do I get it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Help! Whats the Most Affordable Beadlock out there, and where do I get it?
Page 1 of 1