SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just want every ones opinion

Go down 
+5
Big-R
8ball_99
wvyankee2
nocerisdave
4x4pac
9 posters
AuthorMessage
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Just want every ones opinion  Empty
PostSubject: Just want every ones opinion    Just want every ones opinion  EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:51 pm

Just wondering what every one thinks of prices on after market parts. Take a after market exhaust, ruffly 800.00. How about long travel, any were from 1200.00 to 1600.00. I am just thinking most companies are going to retire with the sale of just one of these. I know it does not cost that much to build an exhaust or long travel. I think are quite a few other parts that are way over priced. What do the rest of you think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Just want every ones opinion    Just want every ones opinion  EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:55 pm

Pay to play.......it sux.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Just want every ones opinion    Just want every ones opinion  EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:56 pm

No doubt about it. There is alot of markup in most of the aftermarket and OEM accessories.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Just want every ones opinion    Just want every ones opinion  EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:07 pm

I think exhaust prices are Crazy high.. Long travel stuff is high But IMO this is cause these are made by smaller shops by hand. They have overhead and probably don't sell tons of kits. I have to admit though when I bought my LT kit for my RZR. I laid all the parts out on the ground and couldn't help but say to myself wow this isn't a lot of parts for a lot of cash lol..Oh well
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Just want every ones opinion    Just want every ones opinion  EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 8:25 am

8ball_99 wrote:
I think exhaust prices are Crazy high.. Long travel stuff is high But IMO this is cause these are made by smaller shops by hand. They have overhead and probably don't sell tons of kits. I have to admit though when I bought my LT kit for my RZR. I laid all the parts out on the ground and couldn't help but say to myself wow this isn't a lot of parts for a lot of cash lol..Oh well

I have to agree with 8ball. These are small shops building the aftermarket parts. However, the stuff is over priced. But what can you do.......
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370

PostSubject: Re: Just want every ones opinion    Just want every ones opinion  EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:06 am

Just a FYI.. Super atv just put their RZR +4 and +6 LT kits on sale for 999.00. Thats cheap... Of course I already bought a +4 last month.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Just want every ones opinion    Just want every ones opinion  EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:05 pm

be a toolmaker like me ,,see what ya want and make your own !!
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Just want every ones opinion    Just want every ones opinion  EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:56 pm

Wish I had a lathe.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Just want every ones opinion    Just want every ones opinion  EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 8:28 pm

Its not only materials but also all the R&D that went into devoloping it to make sure it didnt fall off, or break, or crack, and give you the best performance for what your paying for. But even that being said its still pricey. Owell gotta to pay to play
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Just want every ones opinion    Just want every ones opinion  EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 8:38 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
Its not only materials but also all the R&D that went into devoloping it to make sure it didnt fall off, or break, or crack, and give you the best performance for what your paying for. But even that being said its still pricey. Owell gotta to pay to play

Combine that with the size of the market and the anticipated sales numbers, and they have to recoup their investment by selling a fairly small number (in comparison to cars, for example) of pieces...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
JeepKuntry

JeepKuntry

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Just want every ones opinion    Just want every ones opinion  EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 9:15 am

In less than 5 years, sxs's will cost 20K.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just want every ones opinion    Just want every ones opinion  Empty

Back to top Go down

Just want every ones opinion
Page 1 of 1