SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

800 xp temp problem?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbluexp

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-12

800 xp temp problem? Empty
PostSubject: 800 xp temp problem?   800 xp temp problem? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:43 pm

Has anyone ever noticed airflow through the belt housing on the ranger xp's? Mine seems like it's extremely hot under the seat and when you idle it up there doesn't seem to be any airflow out of the ductwork blowing onto the exhaust. I've checked the filter on the intake behind the seat and it's clean. Has anyone else ever had this problem?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: 800 xp temp problem?   800 xp temp problem? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:03 pm

All the exhaust on the Ranger is behind you. Should not have a heat problem from it. Probably coming from the front end off the radiator. I know on the 09's that alot of heat came in around the pedals. Pates 10 model had a lot of heat coming through the steering column and he filled it with foam. Really helped it out.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: 800 xp temp problem?   800 xp temp problem? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Never noticed any extreme belt exhaust temps?? The heat under the seat, a lot of people complain about it, I've never noticed it myself...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 800 xp temp problem?   800 xp temp problem? Empty

Back to top Go down

800 xp temp problem?
Page 1 of 1