SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Test Drive Today

Go down 
+9
hillbillyrzrs
Smith700
Big-R
roadiestar
Clayboy
2Slow4U
AIRBORNE
S
misterp
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Well WVRIDER and I went to Charleston today and test drove the 1000 XT. Tim had drove one already but it was detuned for the event at snowshoe. Just looking it over, some things i loved, somethings i hated. Plenty of storage, seats were awsome. Ergonomics was nice. On the down side it only had 10 inches ground clearance empty and 58 inches wide with no long arm suspension. On the test drive we were both impressed with the power. Awsome acceleration and speed. I easily hit 60 mph in a very short distance. Ride was not good, rode rough, tires bouncing all over the place, hard to steer and control. Needs a serious suspension upgrade. Fit and finish was not good. It was new and had several creaks and rattles. For the type of riding we do I don't see it following the RZR S to well. Agree it would kick ass in a level drag race. But put it up some rocky trail and i don't see it going. If I were buying something today I would pass on this ride. My Rhino rides better, has more ground clearance; even with less power. I would keep the Rhino over the CamAm. Very disappointed with our test drive. We both passed on the deposit.

DSC02732
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Thanks for info.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 10:23 pm

I do believe my next machine will be a 2011 S or a RZR4. study
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 10:49 pm

Good to hear the firsthand feedback! Thanks...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:18 am

Thanks for the feedback! allright allright
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 6:41 am

I agree with everything he said. But the steering is worse than he said.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 9:27 am

Crap!!!! I hate to hear that.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:16 pm

And that is the so-called RZR Killer.................... suspect
Back to top Go down
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:33 pm

Looks like Can-am missed it.
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 2:42 pm

It's real comfortable, the steering sucks and it pushes real bad in corners. The one I drove was a prototype. The guy said the ones that were going to be sold to the public would be better.
Back to top Go down
garnog

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:23 pm

Must not have rode the same one I did. deadhorse

Last edited by garnog on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:03 pm

hillbillyrzrs wrote:

hillbillyrzrs wrote:

hillbillyrzrs wrote:

Clark, did they miss it three times????? or are you just trying to get your post count up??? roflmao
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:26 pm

The more I read real reviews from first hand accounts im glad i didnt put a deposit down on one a few weeks ago....
Back to top Go down
JD
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:09 pm

Test drove at Trail Fest, great power, seats and neat gauge cluster. Steering sucks seems like 10 turns lock to lock. I fought the thing and could never relax in the short track we rode on. Clunks in gear and makes more noise than my thumper 700. Willie Bob and I then went to the Yamaha guys and rode the Rhino just to compare on the same conditions, I'll keep the old Rhino and If I need more performance guess I would covert to a PO-PO (did I say that out loud?) hopefully the thing will improve in a couple years. my thing is do I need all that power? Drags maybe but I never use all the Thumper has in the trails. I'll pass on the Canned Ham. Come on Yamaha where is the "True Sport" I keep looking for?
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:14 pm

It's coming..............
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:43 pm

smith700 wrote:

Sleep
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:46 pm

Big-R wrote:
smith700 wrote:

Sleep

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

I will go to Afghanistan........be gone for a year-plus, return and still..... Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:48 pm

They have had over 2 years to develop a SxS that will compete with an RZR, Yamaha was on top for over 5 years before anyone else came out with anything to compete. They know they can take the lead again.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:56 pm

smith700 wrote:
They have had over 2 years to develop a SxS that will compete with an RZR, Yamaha was on top for over 5 years before anyone else came out with anything to compete. They know they can take the lead again.

Yeah but they will not do it. They are happy just like Honda........ Same old Sleep
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:18 pm

Honda is not known for speed, they are known for their reliability, and they will keep their customers buying Honda products for just that.
Yamaha products have been known for both power, speed, and reliability.....Why in the world would they let the market THEY created go to other brands such as Polaris, Kawasaki, Can-Am???
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:59 pm

Test Drive Today 13435 Test Drive Today 13435 WTF ....Little Smith, it's ok to dream.....and rember, Santa comes on December 25th........ Test Drive Today 13435 hide Test Drive Today 13435

Just winding your clock Little Smith!
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 am

Maybe I'm stupid......I just don't get why they would let the market that THEY created go to other brands?
Back to top Go down
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 12:55 pm

It's pretty simple, it is called LAWSUITES
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 3:13 pm

But they wouldn't be selling them still if it was that bad. Yes, there has been a lot of them, but Yamaha has won all of them except one out of a few lawsuits. That is such a big company, one lawsuit loss is not going to decide how their SxS market is going to go.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 5:56 pm

smith700 wrote:
But they wouldn't be selling them still if it was that bad. Yes, there has been a lot of them, but Yamaha has won all of them except one out of a few lawsuits. That is such a big company, one lawsuit loss is not going to decide how their SxS market is going to go.

You spend lots of money on lawsuits even if you win........ They have spent millions...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Test Drive Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Drive Today   Test Drive Today Empty

Back to top Go down

Test Drive Today
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next