SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who will be the first XP owner???

Go down 
+19
plumber
AIRBORNE
orangecrush
ridepate
KY. Colonel
CatMostFeared
Smith700
wvyankee2
mason
Hellrzr
RZRS-EDGE
Craig_C
Rhino Rob
samiam
S
bush
Clayboy
8ball_99
Big-R
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 5:12 pm

orangecrush wrote:
Big-R wrote:
orangecrush wrote:
Though I've had my Commander for only a couple of months, I have a deposit down on an XP when it arrives in a couple of weeks.

The sad part is I'll have wasted over 10K in mods to the Commander already.

Perhaps I won't like the XP and won't have to worry about it.

We'll see in a couple of weeks.

Mark

The XP looks like it is going to be a sick machine. The only thing I am concerned about the the trail arms. However, I am sure they will perform above my expectations.

I did some digging today and found out that the new XP is even almost 2" wider than my Commander (AND I HAVE 4" spacers on mine (2" per side))

That will nix it for me. Tomorrow I will go get my deposit back.

Oh well.

Mark
Rath Racing is going to produce a zero offset wheel. This would make the XP close to 60".

Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 Zeroof10
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 5:20 pm

orangecrush wrote:

I did some digging today and found out that the new XP is even almost 2" wider than my Commander (AND I HAVE 4" spacers on mine (2" per side))

Oh well.

Mark

64" is plenty wide enough to make one concerned for sure. With that being said, i remember when the same concerns were mentioned about a 54" wide Rhino. I'm not sure where you normally ride, but the vast majority of trails most people normally ride will accommodate the 64" wide machine most of the time. There will be times though, as I had on saturday where i had to spend about 1/2 hour cutting and winching trees to get my 60" wide Teryx through, where a standard RZR went right through in front of me. I think once we get a few of these out on the trail with us, we will see that the width isn't going to be as big a problem as we make think.
Back to top Go down
orangecrush
SSXSRider Staff
orangecrush

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2011-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 5:43 pm

That's why I liked the wheels above and the ones you posted on the other forum.

Might be a happy medium.

The only problem I see is the commander in stock width is too unstable IMO. The 2" per side spacers I added make it perfect handling wise but I can't imagine something even wider.

Mark

wvyankee2 wrote:
orangecrush wrote:

Oh well.

Mark

64" is plenty wide enough to make one concerned for sure. With that being said, i remember when the same concerns were mentioned about a 54" wide Rhino. I'm not sure where you normally ride, but the vast majority of trails most people normally ride will accommodate the 64" wide machine most of the time. There will be times though, as I had on saturday where i had to spend about 1/2 hour cutting and winching trees to get my 60" wide Teryx through, where a standard RZR went right through in front of me. I think once we get a few of these out on the trail with us, we will see that the width isn't going to be as big a problem as we make think.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 5:52 pm

Damn, that Commander is one sick looking machine.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
orangecrush
SSXSRider Staff
orangecrush

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2011-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 5:54 pm

AIRBORNE wrote:

It was till I smoked a belt today. Where's the damn pissed smilie.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 6:05 pm

orangecrush wrote:
AIRBORNE wrote:

It was till I smoked a belt today. Where's the damn pissed smilie.

Mark

Mad
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 6:10 pm

I cant remember the trail at Windrock, is it the round rock trail or table rock......on the north side. Im pretty sure it was that trail where my S was scraping both sides going through that rock.....another 4 inches will be an issue.

My biggest thing is actually the wheelbase....more distance between the wheels is going to hang you up more, and add trailing arms hanging down on top of that....Im just not sold on it yet.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:47 pm

There is a "spot" on the northside called round rock, which is a creek, but no trail. The trail that goes through round rock is 58.
When did you ride that trail?
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:51 pm

Last year, its one of the longest single trails there, on the north side. All I remember is theres a rock you have to climb over on the side of a ledge that, I read where people said it was pretty narly.......I thought it was easy as pie. But there was a spot on that trail where we had to squeeze through a rock.

And if you ever rode Widowmaker at Harlan before they logged it, another inch wider at one spot and you would have been turning around
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:55 pm

You are probably talking about trail 57....if you ride on the old part of it, it's around a 16 mile trail...and the old part is not easy at all. And then to get to round rock, you would have to ride T58, which is now a restricted area (mining). And you couldn't get to it even if you wanted to.
The rock you are talking about is the wedge...and I also think it's easy....it's on 57.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:55 pm

Craig_C wrote:
Last year, its one of the longest single trails there, on the north side. All I remember is theres a rock you have to climb over on the side of a ledge that, I read where people said it was pretty narly.......I thought it was easy as pie. But there was a spot on that trail where we had to squeeze through a rock.

And if you ever rode Widowmaker at Harlan before they logged it, another inch wider at one spot and you would have been turning around

I heard Widowmaker was one wicked trail.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Widowmaker is now easy as can be, they logged the "worst" parts of it. But I did it alone (going down) on my old Rhino when it was about 10 degrees out. Going back up wouldnt have been bad, you just would have wanted another vehicle there just incase!
Back to top Go down
plumber
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:14 pm

My joyner trooper is 65" wide just sometimes it gets tight in places
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:37 am

Here are the specs for some of the SXS models. Wheel base until the RZR 4 and now the XP, (excluding the Joyner 800) were within an inch or two. Just thinking about how 4 inches more wheel base will make the XP seem even wider. Although this wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

RZRS

Length Width Height Wheelbase
104 60.5 73 77

XP

108.4 64 73 81.4

Rhino

113 56.6 73 75.2

Joyner 800

113 68 59 84

Commander 1000

119.3 58.6 72 75.8

Arctic Cat 1000

118.75 61.5 79 75

Back to top Go down
plumber
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:15 pm

[quote="nocerisdave"]Here are the specs for some of the SXS models. Wheel base until the RZR 4 and now the XP, (excluding the Joyner 800) were within an inch or two. Just thinking about how 4 inches more wheel base will make the XP seem even wider. Although this wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

RZRS

Length Width Height Wheelbase
104 60.5 73 77

XP

108.4 64 73 81.4

Rhino

113 56.6 73 75.2

Joyner 800

113 68 59 84

Commander 1000

119.3 58.6 72 75.8

Arctic Cat 1000

118.75 61.5 79 75

on that joyner that would be on a mini viper thats a sand buggy.On my joyner trooper Length Width Height Wheelbase
127" 65" 69" 98"
Back to top Go down
Mudcon
SSXSRider Member
Mudcon

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:33 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
I like the look of the tread on that XP's tires. allright

you getting rid of the teryx?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudcon.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:21 pm

Mudcon wrote:
wvyankee2 wrote:
I like the look of the tread on that XP's tires. allright

you getting rid of the teryx?

No
Back to top Go down
Mudcon
SSXSRider Member
Mudcon

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:33 pm

good I was going to have to come whoop your arse..... roflmao
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudcon.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:45 pm

Mudcon wrote:
good I was going to have to come whoop your arse..... roflmao

roflmao I like flyin under the Radar.
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:06 pm

Anyone else read this thread.....the XP might not be what its "supposed" to be!

http://www.rzrforums.net/ranger-rzr-xp-900/42200-walker-evans-xp-900-2011-soboba-gp.html
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Read the thread.. The Xp didnt' have stock shocks. It had walker evan shocks that they said were set to soft for the track. They changed 3 parts and one of the parts they changed broke and caused the XP to roll. The Xp was also in the lead when it rolled. It started in 15th spot. so it didn't do bad even with the soft suspension.. IMO they should have just raced it stock and seen how it did. Most people probably arent' going to buy a 16k RZR XP then go out and change the shocks..

IMO the RZR 4 won simply because its a bus.. Look at the pictures.. If that guy would have hit those hills that fast in a RZR S he would have did a ENDO.. The extra wheel base allowed him to stay on the gas. Only reason why he beat out R1 powered RZRs..
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:07 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
......... Most people probably arent' going to buy a 16k RZR XP then go out and change the shocks..

hide
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:17 am

LoL ok well some probably would. But since it was the aftermarket suspension that caused the problems can't really knock the XP for it. Doesn't a stock RZR-4 and RZR XP share the same shocks :)
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:32 am

I guess what you guys dont know is the driver of the XP is RJ Anderson....a very very good driver in the Lucas Off Road series. You would have to have really screwed up the shocks in order to make it that bad!
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:31 am

sorry 8 ball, the XP was in 4th when it rolled. nobody passed the Can Am until it broke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who will be the first XP owner???
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next