SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who will be the first XP owner???

Go down 
+19
plumber
AIRBORNE
orangecrush
ridepate
KY. Colonel
CatMostFeared
Smith700
wvyankee2
mason
Hellrzr
RZRS-EDGE
Craig_C
Rhino Rob
samiam
S
bush
Clayboy
8ball_99
Big-R
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:28 am

http://www.walkerevansracing.com/rjracing

This is the profile for RJ, he can drive like no other. If you ever get bored youtube Lucas Oil Offroad racing series, he races the RZR in the Open UTV class.

Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:22 pm

Hollon wrote:
sorry 8 ball, the XP was in 4th when it rolled. nobody passed the Can Am until it broke.

Ya.....not trying to start any poo here, but that's what I read.....XP was never in 1st. I think it can be found on page 3.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:01 pm

Guys not that it matters at all to me cause I'm not even thinking about buying a 16k XP but here is a post by the driver of the RZR XP from that thread. He clearly says he was in first when he had a part fail. He also said he started in the back out of 40 and made it to spot 15 in the first lap. If you read the thread the commander and the RZR 4 started in the first 4 spots.. Huge advantage on a dusty track. They started in the front and stayed in the front. The xp came from the rear. Again in all honesty it doesn't matter to me at all cause I'm not considering buying a XP. Besides how a SxS does in a race matters next to nothing to me. Most of it is driver. The only thing I even look at is what stock stuff breaks during a race..

Hey guys, hopefully I can clear up any questions or concerns.

Unfortunately for me, I started in the back and was in 15th by the middle of the first lap. Dust was horrendous and being a short coase guy, i've never had to deal with dust, EVER. So yes in the beginning my skills were not necessarily up to par because it was a new concept to me.

The suspension on my car was also a big dissapointment. One benifit about recieving a unit like the xp is we have time to develop our product so when you guys(the consumer) call up and are interested in buying shocks, we know what will work and what wont. This was a perfect example of us trying something that just didnt happen to work. It was much to soft, so all day me and the suspension were butting heads(which has nothing whatsoever to do with a stock XP). The lesson learned here was dont jump into a 2hr. race with no idea on how its gonna work out for you...

Even through the suspension, we passed 14 cars(including a factory kawi) and came from a little over 2 minutes behind the commander.

I WAS IN FIRST PLACE WHEN WE HAD A PART FAILURE(not a polaris xp part, one of the three things we actually changed) which is what caused me to roll down the cliff. I passed the commander before it broke, it broke chasing down me and the rzr4. I also passed the #12 rzr4 before we rolled and had even started to pull a steady lead.

These two guys ^(doug mittag-commander) and (rzr4 quad guy-sorry i dont know your name) drove one hell of a race and im definately not trying to take anything away from them. The XP is just that much of an animal, even though we could only drive it at about 80%.

My money is on the XP any day of the week, and when you guys recieve yours I can guarantee that you come back with a smile on your face.

RJ Anderson
Walker evans racing
Polaris XP
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:06 pm

Tankx 8Ball.....I guess I missed that part some where Exclamation
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:10 pm

Np, I read the entire thread after this post mainly cause I wanted to know how on earth a stock RZR 4 beat out all those custom machines. If you watch the video you can pretty easily see starting out in the front was a lot of help. Almost seems like they should do it like desert racing and delay the starts and just go by time.. I guess that wouldn't be as much fun to watch though...
At the very least they should do a time lap to determine starting positions insted of luck of the draw kind of thing..
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 6:03 pm

Alot of people dont realise, and cant imagine, but the longer wheelbase of the Rzr 4 will allow it to handle better on the larger whoops like that track had to offer.

Ive raced GNCC, and yes, dust does slow you down, but if you know the track, and are a decent racer, its not a huge thing really.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:07 pm

Yes, the XP is much faster than the 1000 Commander. Reports are they are beating the Commander up Olds hill at Glamis by 50 yards.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:32 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Yes, the XP is much faster than the 1000 Commander. Reports are they are beating the Commander up Olds hill at Glamis by 50 yards.

Damn..... Wow
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:03 pm

Not sure who had an XP out there just yet....must have been when po-po was there? People are just starting to get thier XPs.

Im just wondering why nobody has answered my ?? as to what broke on the XP....if you watch the vid it looks as if something in the rear end broke letting the rear end steer out to the left.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:05 pm

Craig_C wrote:
Not sure who had an XP out there just yet....must have been when po-po was there? People are just starting to get thier XPs.

Im just wondering why nobody has answered my ?? as to what broke on the XP....if you watch the vid it looks as if something in the rear end broke letting the rear end steer out to the left.

Something on the rear that they modified for the race is all i heard.
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:15 pm

Yeah, thats all I got out of it. The trailing arms looked stock, Im betting that if it was a stock part that no one will ever know, since RJ got his hands on an XP before anyone else, Im sure Polaris wouldnt want it getting out if a trailing or controll arm let go
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:51 pm

If those rear arms are weak we will know soon enough..Heck I think we even have an XP going with us to windrock.. He was picking it up today..
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:53 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
If those rear arms are weak we will know soon enough..Heck I think we even have an XP going with us to windrock.. He was picking it up today..

Yep, they are hitting the dealerships right now. cheers
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:54 pm

8ball_99 wrote:

That will be fantastic. I would like to see it first hand.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:06 am

I don't know yet for sure if he is coming. The dealer was literally putting it together this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the first XP owner???   Who will be the first XP owner??? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who will be the first XP owner???
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3