SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

teryx rear axle ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
yard_dawg

yard_dawg

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-11-09

teryx rear axle ? Empty
PostSubject: teryx rear axle ?   teryx rear axle ? EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 10:28 am

Got a question here was wondering if anyone is having trouble with there rear right axle. I have a 08 model with 2 inches of lift. I put the Monster Axles in rear from the cv man. They are bigger than stock,with the chromoly shafts. Bigger cups on both ends, and heavier boots. But I am having trouble with the right rear. It keeps breaking the outer cage. I have torque the wheel nut to specs. Do not know if the axles are just junk. I do not ride it very hard but do a lot of trail riding in mud.Not a lot of weight in it,just me and the wife. Anybody got any ideas on what might be my problem. I have sent this same axle back 3 times after just 1 ride each and now they will not warranty it anymore witch I think is BS. Thanks
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

teryx rear axle ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: teryx rear axle ?   teryx rear axle ? EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:03 pm

remove the lift.
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

teryx rear axle ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: teryx rear axle ?   teryx rear axle ? EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:32 pm

Got a 3in 4x4pac lift in mine for over a year with stock axles, no problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
yard_dawg

yard_dawg

teryx rear axle ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: teryx rear axle ?   teryx rear axle ? EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:59 am

think i am going to take lift off and rise the spring height, give me a little more clearance for my 28" mud lights.
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

teryx rear axle ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: teryx rear axle ?   teryx rear axle ? EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 5:11 pm

Might be your CV Man axles......they are the worst money I have ever spent my entire life. I wouldnt buy his axles if they were free
Back to top Go down
yard_dawg

yard_dawg

teryx rear axle ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: teryx rear axle ?   teryx rear axle ? EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:44 pm

I hear ya on the worst. The only reason I keep them in right now is they are replacing them. It is getting harder and harder though. When they do replace them I will toss them for a damn boat anchor. He keeps telling me that the company that makes them makes aircraft parts. I ask him which aircraft, so I would not get my ass in it.
Back to top Go down
KYWILDCATS74

KYWILDCATS74

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2011-02-08

teryx rear axle ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: teryx rear axle ?   teryx rear axle ? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:04 pm

My right rear snapped to. Actually my rear wheel passed my bike after jumping a table top and forgetting to let off the throttle 5 ft up in the air. Snapped it in two places. Got an american axle and no problem. Except it kind a looks like a crab in the rear with that one huge axle.
Seriously your lift isnt the issue its your rebound. You might want to put limiting straps on it. After putting a lift on jack your machine off the ground until the wheels come off the ground. Look how much more of a angle your axle is now. That severe angle is were the bind happens causing the snap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

teryx rear axle ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: teryx rear axle ?   teryx rear axle ? Empty

Back to top Go down

teryx rear axle ?
Page 1 of 1