SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Twin Hollow this past weekend

Go down 
+17
stealth
Stench
AIRBORNE
Big-R
mason
Gimpy
muddslinger
firepup
Woodtick
pit dog
Stakk
highlander
BIG D 57
CatMostFeared
wvyankee2
misterp
TBONE21
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2011-02-15

Twin Hollow this past weekend Empty
PostSubject: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:47 pm

So I hear that Twin Hollow is going to get boycotted from the events this past weekend. What did you guys do to piss them off? busted
Back to top Go down
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:58 pm

Spent money and tried to have a good time. Will be my last visit to the Nazi Concentration Camp.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:59 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
So I hear that Twin Hollow is going to get boycotted from the events this past weekend. What did you guys do to piss them off? busted

We showed up!

We recieved a big welcome from the Campground owner, the Mayor, the Police chief, and the Hatfield McCoy Rangers. I think they thought the Hell's Angels instead of the SouthernSxSRiders were coming into Town. Definitely not the Southern welcome we are used to. Rolling Eyes

I'm sure this will be a long thread, so i will let others chime in.
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptySun May 15, 2011 10:46 pm

I thought it was a country club and we were under dressed pot
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptySun May 15, 2011 11:07 pm

Gimpy,I hope you did not park on the concret tonight, otherwise you might get in trouble again. roflmao Cop and thank you for the new horn.
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyMon May 16, 2011 7:13 am

Gosh you guys must of been hard on those poor old innocent people! Eat
Back to top Go down
highlander
SSXSRider Member
highlander

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:04 pm

i WILL TELL YOU ONE THING. THEY NEED TO LEARN SOME SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY. I UNDERSTAND SOME OF THEIR RULES LIKE NOT GETTING ON THE GRASS CAUSE THEY HAVE TO HAUL WATER UP THERE BUT NOT BEING ALLOWED TO RIDE YOU MACHINE TO THE BATHHOUSE OR TO YOUR BUDDIES CAMP IS RIDULICOUS. THEY WILL TRY TO SCOLD YOU LIKE A KID. I WORK TO HARD FOR MY MONEY TO GO AND HAVE A GOOD TIME AND TO GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT APPRECIATE IT. I HEARD THEY WILL ALSO CALL THE LAW ON YOU IF YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT STARTING YOUR MACHINE. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN AND WILL DEFINETLY BE SPREADING THE WORD ON WHAT A UNFRIELDY PLACE IT IS TO STAY. I KNOW THEY LOST SOME SOUVINER SALES BEACUSE I DID NOT BUY ANY FOR MY FAMILY. SORRY I GOT UPSET AND LEFT BUT ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH YOU CAN ONLY BE BEAT DOWN SO MANY TIMES. tHEY NEED TO TAKE LESSENS FROM TRAILS END AT BRIMESTONE WHERE THEY APPRIECIATE THEIR VISITORS AND LET YOU HAVE A BLAST.

HAD A GREAT TIMESEEING SOME OLD FRIENDS AND SOME NEW ONES

thatsright beat
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Well.......after talking to Heath Sunday nite at Fill In foods after he just got back, I feel for you guys. HM is just not the place for me, riding wise or anything else for that matter. If work sends me, I'll go, otherwise, I'll save my personal money
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:29 pm

There are 10.000 miles of trails in WV,where you will be treated as good as anywhere. Most of them are free. thatsright Can,t let a little camp nazi mess it up.
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyMon May 16, 2011 6:32 pm

What the hell is the name of this camp ground ya'll stayed in? Man I'm not used to hearing stuff like this. Not good at all. Thanks

Never Mind. I looked up the page and saw that the name of the camp ground was Twin Hollow. I've never heard of that outfit is why it didn't ring a bell right off. I'm not able to get down that way too often. Sorry to hear about all the hassle at the camp but hope that didn't hurt the fun factor on the ride any.

Last edited by Woodtick on Mon May 16, 2011 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firepup
SSXSRider Member
firepup

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyMon May 16, 2011 6:34 pm

Thanks for the info,, have to remove them from my bucket list for a place to stay.
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyMon May 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Twin Hollows Camp, Gilbert WV, His rules has rules poo , had a great ride even after a 45 min wait on Hatfield Trail Barney Fif check point Cop , rode 41 miles Saturday, Love WV, GREAT PEOPLE,
Back to top Go down
muddslinger

muddslinger

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:33 pm

they don't appreciate your money because they come from money.. i am local and would never stay there. i would sleep in the back of the pick up beside of the road first....I'm just saying... I hate that happened to you guys...
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:18 pm

There were lots of incidents, not just a few. The owners allow there dogs to run free, poop at my site, and get my 2 small dogs in an uproar everytime they came through.

Kristy, remember, don't ride your machine to the potty.
Tim, Tim & Heath, put your car pass in the windsheild, even if you are pissed off and are packing to leave.
Gimpy, don't park on the concrete pad, even after I told you to move your truck over so you can get to it without driving through the grass on the RZR.
Move your tent every 3 days to not kill the grass Scott.
If you ride after dark, I will scold you like a child and call the Law.
Others chime in...........

Like Big R said, we came to have a good time, which we did with our friends. It is just a shame we had to look over our shoulders with everything we did at the campground.

Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:30 pm

well said gimpy allright
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:04 pm

Did someone call them and tell them you guys were pissed and not coming back?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:34 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
Did someone call them and tell them you guys were pissed and not coming back?

I think Pork chop has talked to them. He knows them well I do believe. The man has some pull in Gilbert.

The camp ground is one of the best I have ever seen. The trails are really nice also. I will leave it at that for now. I am still trying to piece all the stories together before I make my long post. I want to be as fair as possible.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Well, I for one hate to hear of my fellow West Virginians acting like that. I personally have never ridden H/M and probably never will. I have too many other good places to ride that are free. Also, H/M is like the most restrictive when it comes to rules and patrolling. Just not for me. I hope you guys had a good ride though, and I hope you enjoyed each other's company because that is what it's all about anyway, at least for me.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
highlander
SSXSRider Member
highlander

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:27 pm

Well said Gimpy.
Back to top Go down
Stench
SSXSRider Member
Stench

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyTue May 17, 2011 7:51 am

Sounds like the owner has been watching too much "Sons of Anarchy"! Did you guys wear your motorcycle club jackets? LOL!busted

drunken Chug Beer Tent Chef Rockband
Twin Hollow this past weekend 907202 Bottoms Up bonk HatWave
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:00 am

Those poor owners. You guys were too hard on them! roflmao
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:57 am

Well said Gimpy.
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyTue May 17, 2011 11:53 am

Rules aside. We still had fun and enjoyed riding with a awesome bunch of folks. Hey Gimpy park on the concrete all you want. lol! All in all it was a great weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:53 pm

Here is the link to the campground. Send them some love!

http://www.twinhollowcampground.com/TH_GuestBook.html

busted
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:42 am

Cant believe they treated you guys like that but im thinking somehow it must be BigR's fault thatsright kidding
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twin Hollow this past weekend   Twin Hollow this past weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

Twin Hollow this past weekend
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next