SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

who makes the uhmw aarm skids

Go down 
+5
farmdogg
Gimpy
chipper
Smith700
CatMostFeared
9 posters
AuthorMessage
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

who makes the uhmw aarm skids Empty
PostSubject: who makes the uhmw aarm skids   who makes the uhmw aarm skids EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 6:14 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: who makes the uhmw aarm skids   who makes the uhmw aarm skids EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:18 am

FactoryUTV.com

allright
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: who makes the uhmw aarm skids   who makes the uhmw aarm skids EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:07 am

Yup. I love mine so far.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: who makes the uhmw aarm skids   who makes the uhmw aarm skids EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:33 pm

I think EMP has some.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
farmdogg
SSXSRider Member
farmdogg

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: who makes the uhmw aarm skids   who makes the uhmw aarm skids EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:56 pm

I'm getting some skid plates next. What should I get? I have found the UHMW plastic cost less but do the sufficiently do the job? Should one spend the extra money for the thicker ones, are the thinner ones OK, or should I just go ahead and get the aluminum skids?
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: who makes the uhmw aarm skids   who makes the uhmw aarm skids EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:07 pm

farmdogg wrote:
I'm getting some skid plates next. What should I get? I have found the UHMW plastic cost less but do the sufficiently do the job? Should one spend the extra money for the thicker ones, are the thinner ones OK, or should I just go ahead and get the aluminum skids?

3/8" think UHMW should be good, I really love the one I made.
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: who makes the uhmw aarm skids   who makes the uhmw aarm skids EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:14 pm

Trail Armor makes them as well
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
Dan

Dan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: who makes the uhmw aarm skids   who makes the uhmw aarm skids EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:38 pm

I got 1/2" UHMW from Trail Armor. My buddy just purchased a 1/2" set from FactoryUTV for his new 900. I will never buy an aluminum skid... ever again... for anything. The FactoryUTV model is basically one peice; which I like much better than the four piece Trail Armor version for my 800. If I could get thicker, I would.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: who makes the uhmw aarm skids   who makes the uhmw aarm skids EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:00 pm

My opinion of the UHMW's. They might skid better on rocks, for the belly. Seems to be a personal opinion, but I have seen some torn off bad. Check out what Chipper did when he hit a rock with them on his A-Arms at Windrock this weekend. He took a hit to the left front and ripped one off. Bent the A-Arm so bad it broke the weld. We had to leave the RZR 30 miles of roadway from camp at some nice folks house. My opinion is that the EMP aluminum would have displaced the blow better and spread it out. The UHMW let the blow concentrate to the hit area causing the A-Arm to bend bad at that area only.

Just my opinion. NO POOP started here.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: who makes the uhmw aarm skids   who makes the uhmw aarm skids EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:03 pm

I love my $170.00 set of aluminum skids!
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: who makes the uhmw aarm skids   who makes the uhmw aarm skids EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:06 pm

I have alum on my rzr and factory utv on my commander. So far I'm not really impressed with the factory utv. I think EMP is the best bet.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: who makes the uhmw aarm skids   who makes the uhmw aarm skids EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am

Uhmw on the belly aluminum on the a arms.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: who makes the uhmw aarm skids   who makes the uhmw aarm skids EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:58 am

When you hit a rock hard enough to bend/break the Aarm, the arm skid don't matter...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who makes the uhmw aarm skids   who makes the uhmw aarm skids Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: