SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What have you done to your SidexSide this week?

Go down 
+110
Paverdaddy
xjcrawler
DirtDawber
ilikedirt
Justinl901
toradi2
hillbuggy
DrMud
crs
Pete 1K
pushrod 1
jerrzr
Hiteckredneckxp
RedNeckRanger
STR8RZR
Cole2525
rocker27
girdlerrzr
chadboehne
Reeko
Raccer
billybob
Bill B
reevesr
T.napier93
HillbillyJon
Bigmike
BigMotts
BluDevil
DoddS
hutch
yellow660
jhoncho4x4
seweljj
justlill
bonzo
oldmustangjunkie
wvregulators
MIKE_D
spidy
rzrrider1
CatMostFeared
aweisgarber
muddy-one
Cuz
njcraddock
southernkyrzr4
TNrzrs
GEEROD
pitbull8151
Baditude
theshane_79
Go4low
Stakk
Hollon
PORKCHOP
RZRS-EDGE
S
orangecrush
Stench
hillbillyrzrs
Smith700
Dean
ktpguy
Dan
hobbz
brownboy
Mud-and-Guts
Wingman
firepup
DOG
Gimpy
stealth
zachsdad
zilla
GunRunner
Craig_C
jodyt
RZR_Joe
roadiestar
ollie
ChrisC
jerr_81
TBONE21
Woodtick
nocerisdave
wvyankee2
Sporto
chipper
RAYRAY
PWM
BIG D 57
ohsresq
8ball_99
BAMA-S
Foxfire
Neuromax
samiam
bacon
Goose
pit dog
Big-R
MuddyBuddy
cajuncoot
KY. Colonel
bush
WV Hot Rod Rhino
AIRBORNE
ridepate
mason
114 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 6:59 pm

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 Image18}

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\deftab720

\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 Image19}

Added a lining to my roof to stop that awful noise......and a windshield.....still wish it was a flip up
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 7:03 pm

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
\deftab720

\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 Image20}

Clean up is always the hardest part...so I got help :)
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 6:47 am

Gimpy wrote:
Reeko wrote:
Same thing, new belt, new fluids, new Optima Blue Top to replace the Yellow Top, new ITI Swaybar, and ground out the UHMW skid plate since it is rubbing on the bottom of my transfer case.

Busy weekend.

I jumped up and down on my EMP skid and beat it with a sledge hammer.  Set it between 6"x6"'s.  Took the rub out of it.

I was really surprised to see how much of the aluminum had worn away from the bolt locations on the transfer case. These skid makers should have made provisions for either a hole or recessed location there.
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 8:09 am

Replaced belt, clean air filter, serviced trans and transfer case.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 9:23 pm

Reeko wrote:
Gimpy wrote:
Reeko wrote:
Same thing, new belt, new fluids, new Optima Blue Top to replace the Yellow Top, new ITI Swaybar, and ground out the UHMW skid plate since it is rubbing on the bottom of my transfer case.

Busy weekend.

I jumped up and down on my EMP skid and beat it with a sledge hammer.  Set it between 6"x6"'s.  Took the rub out of it.

I was really surprised to see how much of the aluminum had worn away from the bolt locations on the transfer case.  These skid makers should have made provisions for either a hole or recessed location there.

Yeah, my skid was worn half way through from the case. At least I know the case is harder aluminum than the skid. Still not good to have direct contact when you are beating on rocks. thatsright 
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
reevesr
SSXSRider Member
reevesr

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 9:33 pm

I built a metal windshield frame. It is at the glass shop getting automotive glass installed in it. I copied this project from a poster on the rzrforums.net.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 10:50 pm

My Catalytic-Converter fell off, or should I say out...... Smiles 
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 6:36 am

It's funny how those new machines have parts just fall off!
Back to top Go down
Hiteckredneckxp
SSXSRider Member
Hiteckredneckxp

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 7:04 am

Axles (4) , Heim Joint front end, FCR Suspension & Cree light.I think I'll go ahead & do the carrier bearing & clutch kit while it's in a million pieces also!
Back to top Go down
chadboehne
SSXSRider Member
chadboehne

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2014-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 7:44 pm

Added Special Carriers Forward Arched Heim A-arms and Special Carriers Arched Radius Rods.  New parts seem super heavy-duty compared to stock.  Heims look like they're high quality.  Installation was a breeze and powdercoat looks really good.  Now I just have to take them out and try to break them.  Rotated tires, greased everything, and gave it a bath.  

What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 14451728383_6d16024e0e_zIMG_0621[1] by chadboehne, on Flickr

What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 14430417324_cc6c90370c_zIMG_0620[1] by chadboehne, on Flickr

What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 14408432836_6a40e06ca7_zIMG_0618[1] by chadboehne, on Flickr

What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 14430228452_6c94faf2ee_zIMG_0616[1] by chadboehne, on Flickr

What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 14245086747_4c973fb76c_zIMG_0598[1] by chadboehne, on Flickr

What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 14408425826_efb2fd2fed_zIMG_0623[1] by chadboehne, on Flickr

What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 14408427956_aa0aa0e99a_zIMG_0624[1] by chadboehne, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:17 pm

You we need "HEAVY DUTY" for the Back of the Dragon and Widow Maker next month at Royal Blue.
Back to top Go down
chadboehne
SSXSRider Member
chadboehne

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2014-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:25 pm

Don't know if I can make Royal Blue. I'm headed to Colorado in 3 weeks for 10 days. Going to try Black Bear.
Back to top Go down
Hiteckredneckxp
SSXSRider Member
Hiteckredneckxp

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 7:06 am

I have the exact same front a-arm set up. Did you have any trouble getting the bushings & spacers in the arms?
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:33 pm

sprayed the spearhead mud off, changed the oil and put on a new belt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 9:11 pm

Put new Super Daves bushing's and bearings up front. Old Super Daves bushings lasted 2,000 miles. Only lowers were bad.

Also put on spare tire mount at last.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 9:17 pm

Gimpy wrote:
Put new Super Daves bushing's and bearings up front.  Old Super Daves bushings lasted 2,000 miles.  Only lowers were bad.

allright 
Back to top Go down
reevesr
SSXSRider Member
reevesr

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 9:54 pm

chadboehne wrote:
Don't know if I can make Royal Blue.  I'm headed to Colorado in 3 weeks for 10 days.  Going to try Black Bear.  

You may know this but; Black Bear is one way down. You end up in Telluride and they will give you a ticket for riding in there city. You will have to arrange for someone with a trailer to pick u up and take you through town. They do not honor tags from other states.

A few years back we rode from Ouray, over Imogene Pass, to Telluride and ate lunch and back to Ouray. They tell us that now we cant get close enough to town with the rzrs to walk to town.

If you find out anything different, please let me now.

I think the only town in Colorado that allows sideXsides on the streets is Silverton and this is their first year to do this.

We will be in Ouray Aug. 3 thru Aug 8 and then we are going to Taylor Park for a week.
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 10:13 pm

Big-R wrote:
Gimpy wrote:
Put new Super Daves bushing's and bearings up front.  Old Super Daves bushings lasted 2,000 miles.  Only lowers were bad.

allright 

Good luck on the bearings. Went to go riding this weekend only to find that mine took a crap and I couldn't go riding. Had less than 300 miles on the fronts. Rears are still good. Gonna use the lifetime replacement and keep them for spares.
Back to top Go down
Pete 1K

Pete 1K

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 10:20 pm

reevesr wrote:
 You end up in Telluride and they will give you a ticket for riding in there city.

They are afraid you will scare off their POTHEADS What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 13435
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 10:00 pm

Reeko wrote:
Big-R wrote:
Gimpy wrote:

allright 

Good luck on the bearings. Went to go riding this weekend only to find that mine took a crap and I couldn't go riding. Had less than 300 miles on the fronts.  Rears are still good.  Gonna use the lifetime replacement and keep them for spares.

Did yours start wobbling or something else?
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:00 pm

Yeah, real bad wobbling and popping. Must of started on the last ride and I didn't notice it until I was prepping the buggy for last weekend. I'm going to mic the hubs and new bearings to see if there is any hub wear as well.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:07 pm

Dropped the skid to see if it was making contact with the motor/trans/diff and it was. Plan on shimming the skid. Found more mud from Trailsend ride got that cleaned up. Started preparation for install of PC925 odessey and dual battery system.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 7:13 pm

On the Jagged X I replaced the stock bushings and ball joints with Super Daves. Going to change the fluids this weekend and be ready for Royal Blue next weekend.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Charged my battery last night and moved some brush piles this afternoon. It still has the mud from Coal Creek on it from early June. Maybe I'll spray it off before the ride next week.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 10:58 pm

Sat back and looked at it.............It's a Teryx!!!!!! thatsright 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your SidexSide this week?   What have you done to your SidexSide this week? - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

What have you done to your SidexSide this week?
Page 28 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35 ... 42  Next