SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time to start......

Go down 
+15
DirtDawber
southernkyrzr4
wvyankee2
Big-R
brownboy
Gunpilot
MuddyBuddy
ridepate
Gimpy
ohsresq
mason
cajuncoot
firepup
BIG D 57
Foxfire
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Time to start...... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:19 pm

Is it July Yet? beat
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:43 pm

hate to hear you aint making it Pate,, sure there is no way possible ??
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:29 am

Yank and 1 other will be there. Little Tree Cabins. 1/2 mile from the Big Bay Motel. cheers
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:00 am

No you can't get the rex for the week
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:11 pm

cajuncoot wrote:
No you can't get the rex for the week

I'll be rollin on the King Coot. thatsright

Time to start...... - Page 4 Bluecreekride004

Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:44 pm

Excellent to hear that you and Bob(?) are coming up to ride the UP!
Now if I could just figure a way to get Jimbo up there and back home so he could make his school classes..( wonder what kind of lunch box he is going to use) .....but I am still working on that, have not given up yet!
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:17 pm

sweet ride marty !!
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:38 pm

Just a quick heads up......we can get our ORV stickers right at Crams General Store right there in Big Bay.....I called and spoke with Joe and told him that I was not sure how many we need but he said no problem.

Last edited by Foxfire on Sat May 05, 2012 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
firepup
SSXSRider Member
firepup

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:52 am

Foxfire wrote:
Just a quick heads up......we can get our ORV stickers right at Crams General Store right there in Big Bay.....I called and spoke with Joe and told him that I was not sure how many we need but he said no problem.

cool Are we there yet?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptySat May 05, 2012 7:44 am

I am still on the fence, trying to get it worked out.
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:36 pm

69 more days beat drive
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:21 pm

Our campsites are ohsresq---site #4 Big-D site 3 coot----site#2 We have the three sites 2-3-4
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:21 pm

60 more days
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptySun May 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Time to start...... - Page 4 79299 Time to start...... - Page 4 293566 Time to start...... - Page 4 6444
Back to top Go down
firepup
SSXSRider Member
firepup

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Found this info , thought I would pass along.

While it has been in the 'works' for a long time, it was with the work of the UP ORV TDA and all those that were in attendance of our March 19th Meeting at Northern Michigan University, that Rep Matt Huuki has introduced 4 new ORV Legislative bills. They are HB 5612, HB 5613, HB 5614, and HB 5615.

While it is GREAT that the new legislation has been introduced, this is just the FIRST STEP in a long process of getting the legislation into law. It is now in committee, and for all of these bills to move past the committee, we need the committee to SUPPORT them.

This is where we need you to not only send an e-mail in support of all 4 pieces of the legislation, we NEED you to get the word out ASAP and get OTHERS to PLEASE send an e-mail in support of the legislation.

Here is a 'overview' of the legislation, provided by Dick Ranney, who helped us with this legislation.

HB 5612:

Proposes that a county, township or municipality shall not charge a fee for ORV operation on it’s roadways under PA 240.
Proposes that a County Commission may open “M” roads to serve as connectors between ORV area’s, Routes or Trails designated by the DNR. Also to provide access to Tourist Attractions, Food service establishments, Fuel, or other services within a reasonable distance from an approved ORV Route or Trail.

Proposes that an operating headlight and taillight are not required from sunrise to sunset in an organized event.

Language cleanup by the bill drafter.

HB 5613:

Proposes that the Department (DNR) waive the event fee for those events with less than 75 ORV’s participating. Any group with more than 20 shall notify the Department as to prevent conflicts in the area being used.

HB 5614:

Proposes that 10% of the annual generation of monies of the Recreational Improvement Fund ( RIF ) be directly deposited in the DNR Off-Road vehicle account.

Taken directly from snowmobile statue, a proposal allowing a County Sheriff to hire an ORV officer with basic certification.

A proposal to insert an AG opinion defining “Other Route”.

HB 5615:

Proposal taken from snowmobile statue providing some liability protection for grant sponsors.

Proposal establishing a minimum fine of $50. for not wearing a helmet while operating an ORV. Maximum remains at $500.

You can view the bills in their entirety as follows:

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2012-HB-5612

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2012-HB-5613

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2012-HB-5614

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2012-HB-5615

Attached, you will find a sample letter to those House members on the Committee of Natural Resources, Tourism and Outdoor Recreation. Please
fwd. to all your ORVing friends.

Here is a copy of a 'support' letter with the addresses of those that we need the letters to be sent too.

E-MAIL SUPPORT LETTERS

E-mail support letters are very vital in the passage of any legislation. The following is a sample of what you may use in e-mailing all 11 members of the
House Committee of Natural Resources, Tourism and Outdoor Recreation.

Dear Representative___________________

After reading or having HB 5612, HB 5613, 5614 and HB 5615 explained to me, I fully support their content and strongly urge you to vote in favor of the bills.

John Q. ORVUSER
12131415 Mystreet
Mytown, Michigan

Rep. Frank Foster, (R) D-107, Chair, Pellston, frankfoster@house.mi.gov

Rep. Matt Huuki, (R) D-110, Vice-Chair, Atlantic Mine, matthuuki@house.mi.gov

Rep. Wayne Schmidt, (R) D-104, Traverse City, wayneschmidt@house.mi.gov

Rep. Kurt Damrow, (R) D-84, Port Austin, kurtdamrow@house.mi.gov

Rep. Holly Hughes, (R) D-91, Montague, hollyhuges@house.mi.gov

Rep. Joel Johnson, (R) D-97, Clare, joeljohnson@house.mi.gov

Rep. Pete Pettalia, (R) D-106, Presque Isle, petepettalia@house.mi.gov

Rep. Harold Haugh, (D) D-42, M-VC Roseville , haroldhaugh@house.mi.gov

Rep. Tim Bledsoe, (D), D-1, Grosse Pointe, timebledsoe@house.mi.gov

Rep. Maureen Stapleton, (D), D-4, maureenstapleton@house.mi.gov

Rep. Diane Slavens, (D), D-21 Canton Township , dianeslavens@house.mi.gov

Time is of the essence, the end of this session of legislature is closer than we would like and it’s vital that we all take action immediately.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Coot, BigD and anyone else coming up from the south....after you cross the bridge (Mac) take the St Ignas exit, west on US 2. This will give you a good look at Lake Michigan....you will be traveling along side it.......@ M117 trun right (north) up to US 28....turn left (west) toward Marquette.
A little more to see this way. Also.....just before the bridge there is a Michigan Welcome Center.....easy off and easy back on to I 75.......it has a nice sized rest area with plenty of parking for long vehicles. This is like at the southern foot of the bridge.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 5:24 pm

thanks Mr Fox ! right now bub and jerry are kinda on the fence about coming ,,,personal stuff i wont post ,,but call and i will fill ya in ,,might just be me and the ol goat in the motor home ?? hump yea in my dreams !!
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Thanks Fox ,,I hear Rt 2 is the worth drive, we are waiting to cross the bridge till daylight Saturday morning. that should put us in the campground around 1-2 in the afternoon. Christy wants to have steaks Saturday night!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:56 pm

Ya im planning on crossing in the daylight so i can let Kristy have the enjoyment of crossing the The Bridge. Oh by the way she hates bridges! affraid Prayer lol! So i may have to blind fold her muhaha lol! And she would like steak sat night.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:39 pm

With reguard to Firepup's post.....

In a utv, no helmet is needed provided said utv has a hard roof. I have been riding up there for 6 years now and have come across a DNR officer.......asked me about my sticker and that was it. I looked up the ORV rules on michigan.org and that what I read....hard roof, no helmet.

Just posting this because of some confusion.
Back to top Go down
firepup
SSXSRider Member
firepup

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:00 am

Thats cool, ya never know about them DNR rules.
Back to top Go down
firepup
SSXSRider Member
firepup

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Sad day for folks in the UP.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptySat May 26, 2012 11:39 am

That's just up the road from the nursery I've been working with for the past 10 weeks. Michigan needs to look into "Controlled Burns".....but they are broke, so I guess that's out.
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptySat May 26, 2012 6:43 pm

46 more days! thatsright woo hoo drive Chef Tent I can't wait great friends new machine this will be awesome
Back to top Go down
Gunpilot
SSXSRider Member
Gunpilot

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:12 pm

I can't wait.. Rzr is dirty, but ready..
Picked up new truck to make the trip..

Time to start...... - Page 4 DSC01936-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to start......   Time to start...... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to start......
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next