SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lets talk about lights

Go down 
+12
yellow660
moto92
Junkman673
Big-R
Tiger Rag
rubicon05
nocerisdave
shawnley1222
rcmass
Neuromax
broknbonz
ChrisC
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Lets talk about lights Empty
PostSubject: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 11:40 am

i want to get some good lights to mount on the rhino.
i ant doing no light bar cause it wont fit in my garage door. i got to mount a set on the front bumber and the down bars on the front of the cage i want HID lights. i looked at the kragen 7 inch HID , good price for a HID about 100 bucks a peace. but there just to big at 7 inches to me. but what i really like is the Baja Design Fuego 4. there awsome. about 800 a pair, i want one set or spot and one set of driveing. i just wonder how well thay will hold up to water and mud. cant really afford to sink 800 dollar lights on the bumper and destroy them, if there not water proof. thay are the best looking rhino light i ever seen. and thay use very little power. just real expensive. but i seen a demo pic at RF.net. thay light up the world. what do you all think.

Chris.. Cool
Back to top Go down
broknbonz

broknbonz

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 1:05 pm

you may wanna try the HID replacements for the factory lights, get in touch with Steve @ dirtlights.com think he's selling them for $159 shipped
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 8:06 pm

I have a set of the replacements from Steve at dirtlights.com and they are GREAT. Well worth the money.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 9:44 pm

I use the stockers and squint like hell then wipe the tears from driving so fast Wink

good luck - let us know what you find....
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 9:54 pm

rcmass wrote:
I use the stockers and squint like hell then wipe the tears from driving so fast Wink

:(lmao: i got 3 lights on the bumper paid 100ish for all of it(lights wiring switch)
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 3:24 am

Here is some of my lights research.

HIDs if you can afford them.

Consider the weight. The Hellas I have probably weigh 15 lbs all together.

HIDs draw less amps

Get a mix of flood and drive lights.

The further you can get the lights, width wise, the more area they will light up.

If you mount on the stock bumber you will block a lot of light shed by the stockers. Monunting them on the roll bars, the down tubes on the front or a light bar between the two down tubes on the roll cage. You wont get style points but they will be more effective.

If you put em on the bumper get em low profile so the hood will still open.

There go ye my .02
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 4:38 am

rcmass wrote:

.............. :(lmao:

thank you all i will keep looking. i wanted 2 on the bumper,
and 2 up on the cage... allright
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 9:45 pm

that is how i mounted mine....

[img]Lets talk about lights 100_1130[/img]
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 9:47 pm

stockers suck anyways
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 9:53 pm

rubicon05 wrote:
that is how i mounted mine....

[img]Lets talk about lights 100_1130[/img]

That looks pretty good Rub , i was going to mount on the bumper the same way. but on the cage i was going to move them up
higher twards the top.

Chris.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 9:56 pm

just hang em upside down from the top front crossmember part of the frame

::EDOT:: Since clearence is an issue but u want the up high as the roof
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:31 pm

Get the HID's from Steve at dirtlights. You can't go wrong on them. I have some PIAA's as well and the HID's in the stock location put them to shame.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 5:36 pm

Has anyone tried the small drive lights that you can get at Wal-Mart? Will they do any good?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 5:58 pm

My neighbor bought a small set at Wally last year. They were ovals, something like 2"x3" and burned up on the first ride. He replaced them with some more from Wally that were about 4" round and ~$25. He says they work great. They're mounted on the top bumper bar.
Back to top Go down
Junkman673

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 6:24 pm

The HIDs from Dirtlighs are awesome. Best money you can spend on lights!! The stockers suck bigtime!
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 10:49 pm

i know you said no lightbar...but ive got the seizmik bar and love it. they really light up the woods at night. plus whats great about it is that it has two screw knobs on each side and it folds down. ive had to lower them a couple time to get under a fallen tree in the creek. it fits in the garage with them up though

Lets talk about lights 0821081913
Back to top Go down
yellow660

yellow660

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 9:14 pm

i bought some Hella's off ebay for $20 and mounted them to the hood. I tried every mounting place available, bumper, roof, roll bar etc...I found that the bumper casued the lenses to get muddy, the roof casued a glare on the hood and I bent the brackets all up on the roll bar mounting. Since mounting them on the hood everything has been great. just unplug wires and the hood comes right off with no issues.

Lets talk about lights DSCN0990
Lets talk about lights DSCN0197

Last edited by yellow660 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:32 pm

different and havent seen that before but i would still get them muddy muhaha
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:53 pm

Great pic yellow660. Good idea on the lights.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:06 pm

Geez Yellow........you sure do like the mud!!
Definitely a good idea on the lights. I just want mine out of the way of any tree limbs or brush. I am going to mount two Warn trail lights from my aluminum roof. I had some little mounting plates made over here that will bolt to my roof on the front right under the drip edge. I am going to mount the lights upside down so they don't stick up higher than the roof. I am also going to make multiple holes on the mounting plates so I can turn the beams out at a slight angle if I need a wider view. I can't wait to get home to get all these little projects done.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:09 pm

Yellow, after looking at your toolbox pics, you have the same light setup on the rear as what I was going to do. I wanted the lights there so you could use them as cargo lamps and back up lights. How do you like that setup?
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:50 pm

HID replacements for the stockers is the best money you can spend IMO. I have four hallogen hellas and the HIDs blow all four of them away. Check with Bluegrass UTV!
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:15 am

i have a set from walmart that work good as lond as there not on or hot when they go under water.

Lets talk about lights 100_0147
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 6:45 am

nocerisdave wrote:
HID replacements for the stockers is the best money you can spend IMO. I have four hallogen hellas and the HIDs blow all four of them away. Check with Bluegrass UTV!

ya but if you cant fork out 200 the cheaper hellas help out the stock lights
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 8:55 am

nocerisdave wrote:

I agree completely. They make my PIAA's useless. Dirtlights.com has them for around $175 with all the Yamaha parts you need for any Rhino.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk about lights   Lets talk about lights Empty

Back to top Go down

Lets talk about lights
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next