SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

opinion on possible JEEP

Go down 
+2
wvyankee2
rcmass
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

opinion on possible JEEP Empty
PostSubject: opinion on possible JEEP   opinion on possible JEEP EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 2:38 pm

alright jeep fellas - I need some opinions and more importantly - what to look for when I go see it!!

thanks!

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/car/744703216.html
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: opinion on possible JEEP   opinion on possible JEEP EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 3:12 pm

You need to give some serious thought as to what you have plans to do with a Jeep RC. Basically are you planning to do hardcore offroading or moderate offroading? The reason I ask you this is there is a compromise on the road where you will do probably 90% or better of your driving. If a Jeep is set up for Hardcore extreme offroading you will hate it on the highway. And if you get a stocker that you plan on getting somewhat aggressive offroad with, plan on having a Winch on it. If you want a nice road machine that has very good off road capability, I would look for a clean 2003 or 2004 Rubicon with a 2" Budget lift, and not much more mods. It will be nice on the highway and very capable offroad. Chances are set up that way that it has had minimal abuse also.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: opinion on possible JEEP   opinion on possible JEEP EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 3:28 pm

my thoughts exactly yank = thats why I think this (though a great rig) is probably not the rig for me....
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: opinion on possible JEEP   opinion on possible JEEP EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 3:31 pm

the rubys have all the good stuff you will need to get off road
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217

PostSubject: Re: opinion on possible JEEP   opinion on possible JEEP EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 5:20 pm

If your planing on going bigger in the long run don't buy a Rubi,you will spend more money on something that could be so much better for less money. In my opinion if your going to spend the money on a Rubicon save it and buy a new 08' JK Wrangler. The stock Dana 44 axles (31 spline) on the Base model are much stronger that the old Rubi axles and the new JK will fit 35's with a 3" lift.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: opinion on possible JEEP   opinion on possible JEEP EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 8:55 pm

Clutch wrote:
If your planing on going bigger in the long run don't buy a Rubi,you will spend more money on something that could be so much better for less money. In my opinion if your going to spend the money on a Rubicon save it and buy a new 08' JK Wrangler. The stock Dana 44 axles (31 spline) on the Base model are much stronger that the old Rubi axles and the new JK will fit 35's with a 3" lift.

I thought he wanted a older cheaper jeep, lol!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: opinion on possible JEEP   opinion on possible JEEP EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 11:03 pm

Rob a bank....?
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: opinion on possible JEEP   opinion on possible JEEP EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 7:01 am

One think to remember when buying a "built" 4x4, you might be buying someones else's headache/junk. Been there/done that. Screwed
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: opinion on possible JEEP   opinion on possible JEEP EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 8:40 am

agreed BadB....

I shyed away from this one after realizing what I am going to do with it....

Offroad ( a lil - dont want a serious offroader - just capabilites to get to campsites and some waterfalls) / and some ONroad use - possibly a partial daily driver....

thanks for the opinions. will keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: opinion on possible JEEP   opinion on possible JEEP EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 9:04 am

I learned the hard way to buy something close to stock and build it like YOU want it. That way, you know what you got, and you know that it wasn't thrashed too hard before you got it. I've bought a couple of "built" trucks in the past, thinking I would save a few bucks. NO MORE!! I found out quick why the guys were selling them. I go over, under and into everything I buy used, as far as I can, but you can't see everything that may be wrong with one. Besides, I like to tinker on my own stuff anyway. Wish you luck with your Jeep shopping..... allright
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: opinion on possible JEEP   opinion on possible JEEP Empty

Back to top Go down

opinion on possible JEEP
Page 1 of 1