SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cooling system mod help.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Cooling system mod help. Empty
PostSubject: Cooling system mod help.   Cooling system mod help. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 11:12 am

Even if the fan's workin' ok and the coolant level is up, when the rad. gets full of mud, well, you know what can happen.
I have an idea for a cheap mod. It most likely won't work, but I gotta try it. My parts should be in late next week.
Here's where I need y'alls help to determine if the mod does anything. Is there anyway I can check the before and after temps, short of installing a gauge?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Cooling system mod help.   Cooling system mod help. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 11:38 am

Before and after what? cleaning a dirty radiator? What are you up to DD? suspect No gauge, no way to tell that I know.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cooling system mod help.   Cooling system mod help. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 11:54 am

Unless you have got one of those inferred thermometers, not sure how you could tell short of a gauge. The gauge is a very easy, and not very expensive mod DD, less than 100.00, but very worth while.
Jimbo
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Cooling system mod help.   Cooling system mod help. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 12:30 pm

every rhino NEEDS a temp gauge!!

install it - then you will know for sure....

I even did my own - it was easy and I am green with wrench turning.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cooling system mod help.   Cooling system mod help. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 12:50 pm

Ok guys, I can take a hint. lol! I'll get a gauge. Been wanting one anyway. I'll probably need help on the install, but I know y'all are here for me, so I'm not worried. allright
Yank, the before and after would be before and after the mod. Silly boy. And on that, anyone got suggestions for a controlled test "procedure"? Thanks
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Cooling system mod help.   Cooling system mod help. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 1:23 pm

DirtDawber wrote:
And on that, anyone got suggestions for a controlled test "procedure"?

got a long wide open loop on a trail or road???

If so - run it WFO in similar weather conditions and watch the temp gauge - when it hits the top - when it drops (as the fan comes on)

where is the AVERAGE running temp while pegging it WFO

that too me was teh biggest difference I noticed with the radiator shroud after I installed it and the temp gauge...that $50 shroud is well worth it for the flimsy radiators yami uses as stock....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cooling system mod help.   Cooling system mod help. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 7:40 pm

I know we sometimes sit on the trail idling for several minutes with mud in the rad. so can I assume that I can idle the 660 up to temp (with a clean rad.) and let it "run in place" for 5 or 10 mins once up to temp? Don't wanna hurt nuthun, esp. the motor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cooling system mod help.   Cooling system mod help. Empty

Back to top Go down

Cooling system mod help.
Page 1 of 1