SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maybe bad news for Yamaha

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Maybe bad news for Yamaha Empty
PostSubject: Maybe bad news for Yamaha   Maybe bad news for Yamaha EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 11:30 pm

Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Maybe bad news for Yamaha   Maybe bad news for Yamaha EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 11:06 am

I really dont see this going anywhere. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Maybe bad news for Yamaha   Maybe bad news for Yamaha EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 11:25 am

Yea, i posted that a few weeks back, just a major issue the all mighty yamaha rhino makers hail should have addressed years ago by doing the doors or at least something to keep your feet and legs from falling out in a wreck but they did not and many people got hurt. So now the feds will try give them a hump
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Maybe bad news for Yamaha   Maybe bad news for Yamaha EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 1:04 pm

Kinda surprising to me that Kawasaki didn't put doors on for that same reason. All they have is a little plastic piece to hold your foot in. On a rollover people can still get their leg out there if they want to.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Maybe bad news for Yamaha   Maybe bad news for Yamaha EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 1:20 pm

Its a lot better than the rhino, the rhinos problem is there is nothing to hinder your foot from coming out at all its wide open next to your foot, very bad design.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Maybe bad news for Yamaha   Maybe bad news for Yamaha EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 2:30 pm

No one has been seriously hurt in a Kawasaki yet.
when thay do. thay will catch hell about something too.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Maybe bad news for Yamaha   Maybe bad news for Yamaha EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 10:22 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Its a lot better than the rhino, the rhinos problem is there is nothing to hinder your foot from coming out at all its wide open next to your foot, very bad design.

Yamaha should have designed there doors after the Prowler. Oh yeah they didn't have any ether.........

This is bad news for all manufacturers. How many people died on ATVs last year? I bet it was more then 30. After Yamaha, they will sue po po then Arctic cat and so on and so forth.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Maybe bad news for Yamaha   Maybe bad news for Yamaha EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 11:57 pm

They have been sueing ATV manufacturers for years and they rarely win. Only if they can prove design flaw, which I assume these lawyers feel they can. Yamaha made a mistake by settling the first few suits. That just opened the flood gate.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Maybe bad news for Yamaha   Maybe bad news for Yamaha EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 5:37 pm

Big-R wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

Yamaha should have designed there doors after the Prowler. Oh yeah they didn't have any ether.........

This is bad news for all manufacturers. How many people died on ATVs last year? I bet it was more then 30. After Yamaha, they will sue po po then Arctic cat and so on and so forth.

Its not about doors, its about having a area where your feet are enclosed and not free to just fall out like on a rhino, prowler has it, teryx and r4zr and rangers. You have to move your feet back to get them out.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Maybe bad news for Yamaha   Maybe bad news for Yamaha EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 6:22 pm

Not the problem Gunny. It's not the feet falling out that is causing most of the injurys. It's people sticking their arm or leg out to catch themselves that is getting most hurt. although I dont know why Yamaha didn't put a foot guard on the drivers side like they did the passenger side. I guess for easy exit. The lawsuits wont be won or lost due to what happens in a rollover, but rather if it can be proven that they rollover easily when operated according to normal operations. I think we all know the answer to that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maybe bad news for Yamaha   Maybe bad news for Yamaha Empty

Back to top Go down

Maybe bad news for Yamaha
Page 1 of 1