SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good news and bad news

Go down 
+5
S
wvyankee2
Big-R
Last Chance Rhino
AIRBORNE
9 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Good news and bad news Empty
PostSubject: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 8:32 am

Well, the good news is this............I finally have the internet again in my room.

Bad news is that all the remaining folks in my battalion left last night and I am going to be stuck here for an indefinite amount of time. I am really pissed right now, but there is nothing I can do about it. So, I will be back on here daily while the internet is up and running. I am still keeping my fingers crossed to make the Evarts ride in February.

HOW BOUT THEM EERS??? Whipping UNC was a nice finish to Pat White's career.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Last Chance Rhino
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 9:26 am

Sorry about that LT. Keep a close eye on that stack of equipment for us taxpayers. I know you have a hard time keeping some of it from walking. We hope you soon get out of there and to a better assignment. Thanks for your service. Sid.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 10:03 am

I like my unit, I am just aggravated about the situation. I have absolutely NOTHING to do with moving this equipment. It is up to the SDDC to do their part after the units have done their part of getting the equipment ready and staged. The issue is the SDDC and Pakistan govt disagreeing about things, which means the stuff will sit. My main heartburn with the whole thing is this..........there is no benefit to me being here, other than reporting to the states that none of our ground equipment has departed. It literally could take weeks for this stuff to move.......longer if the snow starts coming in heavy.

I was just really excited because I was told the latest I would be here was 18 January, and now they say it could be mid-late February.

I am hoping things work out for me, but I am a worst case scenario type of person when it comes to these types of things. With any luck I will make it back in time for the February ride in Evarts.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 10:12 am

Man you need out of there!! I'm sending mental ex-lax your way to help get things moving.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 1:33 am

The Evarts ride will not be the same with out you. The hole damn thing was set up just for you. Tell your commanders that they don't want me to call them a give them the red ass......... spank
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:00 am

With any luck, I will still make it. I just have to try and keep the faith.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 1:39 pm

And yes, how bout them EERS! A great finally for Pat White. cheers

Good news and bad news Ncfgwhite3200ow0
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:24 pm

Got some promising news that we may be (and I stress MAY) getting to leave on the 9th. That would be great news...........I will keep my fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:26 pm

Prayer
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 10:15 am

GOOOOOOD NEWS!!! I got the word today......I will be departing Afghanistan on the 9th. I will fly to Manas where I will be chilling a couple of days. If all works out to plan, I should be home around the 12th or 13th. Looks like I will make that ride in Evarts after all. Wish I could make it in time for the Brimstone ride, but I have to do 7 days reintegration as soon as I get back, and I am not able to travel anywhere till that is done.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 11:05 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
lol! I see your near future...

welcome pimpin hump drunken Rhino Drunk2 Tent Rhino hump Hunter Rhino drunken hump Sleep
Back to top Go down
CaptMorgansgirl
SSXSRider Member
CaptMorgansgirl

Number of posts : 1573
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 11:44 am

That is great, Chris! HatWave
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 12:22 pm

DirtDawber wrote:
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
lol! I see your near future...

welcome pimpin hump drunken Rhino Drunk2 Tent Rhino hump Hunter Rhino drunken hump Sleep

You got it just about right DD! First the warm homecoming, then to the house, crack the Jack, get a buzz, then get it on!! drunken hump
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: home   Good news and bad news EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 12:48 pm

GREAT news LT.! hope it happens, my brother is in iraq still but should be home in Jan sometime, he is mission planner/ apache pilot with 3ACR he says i aint home till i hit U.S. soil ! BEST WISHES and GOD BLESS you and all of our Troops allright
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 12:53 pm

Smiles allright Yahoo
Back to top Go down
RickV

RickV

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 5:39 pm

Amen bro! Looking forward to meeting you. You can do the rest of it standing on your head, just a little over a week away. Pssssst, don't show this to your CO he may make you stand on your head. Thank You LT and your brothers over there for you service.
Back to top Go down
wtwhitelaw

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 6:31 pm

what the hell is "reintegration"? I didn't get that .

Wayne
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 12:35 am

Reintegration is where they make you come in for 7 straight days and tell you not too drink too much, not to hit your wife, not to blow all your money, not to committ suicide or homicide, etc, etc. It is bullshit, but we have to do it. I cannot get a full day off until that is completed. After that, I can go back to my normal life.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 9:01 am

At least they don't talk about SEX and SXS right? Although SXS could fall under "not to blow all your money". lol!
Back to top Go down
wtwhitelaw

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 2:48 pm

I didn't know that they did that now. I spent 6 months in theater in Desert Storm(easy compared to now). Either they didn't have it then or it wasn't done in Germany. I can see the typical B.S. Thanks for clearing that up. Stay safe.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news   Good news and bad news Empty

Back to top Go down

Good news and bad news
Page 1 of 1