SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RZR Wheel Hub Problems?

Go down 
+4
GunRunner
Bobby D
ChrisC
kykult64
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kykult64

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-01-30

RZR Wheel Hub Problems? Empty
PostSubject: RZR Wheel Hub Problems?   RZR Wheel Hub Problems? EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 6:17 pm

Has anyone had any problems with their front wheel hubs? I have been thinking about getting a rzr to race next year and that was one of my concerns. I know that I can replace them with aftermarket but wanted to get everybody's $.02.

Josh
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: RZR Wheel Hub Problems?   RZR Wheel Hub Problems? EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 6:33 pm

I read on the RZR forum. that quite a few people
have had problems with them.... 😢
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: RZR Wheel Hub Problems?   RZR Wheel Hub Problems? EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 7:22 pm

Never on mine.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661

PostSubject: Re: RZR Wheel Hub Problems?   RZR Wheel Hub Problems? EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 7:23 pm

ChrisC wrote:

Chris is wanting a RZR Razz
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: RZR Wheel Hub Problems?   RZR Wheel Hub Problems? EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 7:49 pm

Only problem i ever read about was where for awhile some were shipped with the two front hub washers facing the wrong way which would let them have a little too much free play and it would make a clicking sound untill you turned the concave surface of each one to face each other. Dont mind chris he's got rzr envy so he's a rzr Hater lol!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: RZR Wheel Hub Problems?   RZR Wheel Hub Problems? EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 8:30 pm

Only problem i ever read about was where for awhile some were shipped with the two front hub washers facing the wrong way which would let them have a little too much free play and it would make a clicking sound untill you turned the concave surface of each one to face each other.

Is that all there is to stopping that clicking sound?? I have a friend that has a Rzr that makes the same clicking. Carolina Polaris looked at it and said they could find nothing wrong -- don't worry about it. The Rzr rented in Utah had 3500+ miles and also made a the clicking sound. The Rental Company (Winkelman's in Marysvale) also had that Rzr checked and the Polaris dealer there said it was OK and that the click was normal. If it just a matter of flipping washers then Polaris should let all the dealers know. The clicking does sound wrong but is not noticeable above 15mph or so.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: RZR Wheel Hub Problems?   RZR Wheel Hub Problems? EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 12:59 am

Bobby D wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

Chris is wanting a RZR Razz

Bobby did you get some Crack for Christmas.... Razz
Back to top Go down
jerrzr

jerrzr

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: RZR Wheel Hub Problems?   RZR Wheel Hub Problems? EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 9:43 am

Polaris came out with a 2mm shim to go along with the cone washers. What was happening with some hubs ( mine included) is that the cone washers would tighten down against the axle spline instead of the hub, but i just honed out my cone washers enough to clear the splines and that fixed it.
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: RZR Wheel Hub Problems?   RZR Wheel Hub Problems? EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 11:05 am

My friends was making a clicking sound.Then it broke and screwed up the front brake caliper ,but it was under warrenty.
Back to top Go down
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684

PostSubject: Re: RZR Wheel Hub Problems?   RZR Wheel Hub Problems? EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 8:42 pm

One of my friends was clicking and when he took it apart it was broken into!! Same guy that just got a new block when the motor mount broke off the block........... poo By the way , it only has 400 miles. I wonder what it'll be in 1500 scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RZR Wheel Hub Problems?   RZR Wheel Hub Problems? Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR Wheel Hub Problems?
Page 1 of 1