SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas. Empty
PostSubject: Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas.   Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas. EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 12:16 pm

I LOVE to ride in the snow! Getting there and back can sometime be a story all on it's own. My question though is this: When you guys are trailering you SXS's on roads that have been salted and are wet and sloppy, how in the name of goodness do you get that crap off your buggy when you get it home? If you don't get all that dang salt off, they rust down right in front of your eyes. And there are a hell of a lot more nooks and cranny's for the salt to get into on a SXS than a 4 wheeler. And sitting there on the trailer it gets all the salty spray from your tow vehicle as well as the spray from everything going the other way as well. Just like today, we got about an inch or less of new snow. Those dummies salted the living crap out of the roads and here it is noon and the temps are WAY above freezing, the snow is all gone and the roads are wet with run off of melting snow and all that salt. Can ya tell I don't like salt? GRINNNNN. Thanks for any tips you might offer.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas.   Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas. EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 12:45 pm

Only advise I can offer is use a pressure washer ASAP. All those nooks and cranny's will be protected with mud on the way home, so hopefully it will all come off together.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas.   Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas. EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 1:24 pm

I stay home when the highways are like that.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
MarkW
SSXSRider Member
MarkW

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas.   Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas. EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 4:02 pm

Woodtick,

Regardless Of weather, every time I ride I spray my trailer and machine down with 10w-40. Every nook, cranny , corner, all of it (excluding radiator ). I use the big $5 fogger cans and go to work.

1. It stops all your talking about before you leave.

2. mud, rain, gravel dust, anything, comes off easier with a precoat of oil. 10w-40 is one of the best cleaners out there, bugs, tar, paint, alot of stuff comes off with 10w-40.

3. It's thin enough not to gum up and thick enough to coat everything. After you spray it off andclean it all back up, hit it with another spray session and everything looks new again.

Done it for years, 10w-40 is awesome stuff.

M

Any excess you don't want on, wipe off with a rag.
Back to top Go down
MarkW
SSXSRider Member
MarkW

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas.   Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas. EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 4:04 pm

Correction Woodtick WD-40, not 10w-40 motor oil.

Oops
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas.   Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas. EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 4:10 pm

PAM cooking spray works good but you smell like a fried chicken when it gets hot lol! No bs it does work good
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

Number of posts : 343

PostSubject: Re: Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas.   Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas. EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 7:16 pm

MMMMmmm... makes ya hungry just riding down the trails..... Eat lol!
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas.   Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas. EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 10:20 pm

I too used to use WD-40 on the old Honda and for some reason seemed to drift away from it. Used to buy it by the gallon can and fill a spray bottle and do the whole thing. Makes the plastic shine like a diamond stuck in a dog's behind. Looks like old things are new once again. Thanks guys. This board is indeed a wealth of information and good folks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas.   Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas. Empty

Back to top Go down

Question for you guys that trailer your SXS to the riding areas.
Page 1 of 1