SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about Hattfield & McCoys. I've never been there.

Go down 
+10
wvyankee2
Last Chance Rhino
Bobby D
GunRunner
AIRBORNE
ChrisC
Big-R
dixiecop28
Neuromax
Woodtick
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Question about Hattfield & McCoys. I've never been there. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about Hattfield & McCoys. I've never been there.   Question about Hattfield & McCoys. I've never been there. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Let me just say that being from West Virginia I have never heard anything like this happening about the Hatfield/McCoy trail. Exactly the opposite I have heard. That you hardly never see a Ranger, and when you do they are very liberal. But..............you know what one bad apple can do. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
dixiecop28

dixiecop28

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Question about Hattfield & McCoys. I've never been there.   Question about Hattfield & McCoys. I've never been there. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 3:55 pm

we had been there two prior times and had never had a problem with a ranger before. I am not saying all the rangers are that way because i am sure there are alot of good ones. Maybe he was having a bad day and i am sure he gets lied to alot (and i have them days too) but that is no reason to act the way he did. now that does not mean i am telling you that you should stay away from hatfield because they are good trails, I am just saying be careful to stay on the trails and when you sign for your permit make sure you read the rules that says what the fines are so you make sure you can follow them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohiopuddlejumpers.com
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Question about Hattfield & McCoys. I've never been there.   Question about Hattfield & McCoys. I've never been there. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 3:59 pm

Foxfire wrote:
WTF I'm not going to make comment in this subject other than to say that he wouldn't have gotten my key!

Ditto He would have to whip my ass to get my key.
Back to top Go down
Gary

Gary

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Question about Hattfield & McCoys. I've never been there.   Question about Hattfield & McCoys. I've never been there. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 4:44 pm

I had a run in with a Va game warren several years ago over a bear I shot in my back yard my dog was tied to a chain an screaming for his life I SHOT the bear kept shotting till it quit moveing.Got locked up lost my gun lost first court case .Appealed had a good lawer an good backing the state told the judge bears dont eat meat but eat bugs an worms ,the state also told the judge how happy people were with bears in there yards I swear to all this...I had a City of Salem dog warren go to court with me ,the judge asked why they were there,did the city have a bear prolbem yes was the answer how do you trap the bears ,we get a cage an a side of beef from the game commison..so as story
goes the judge asked if it was a fur bear or a hair bear the state would not answer the judge ruled it was a fur bear thus being you can hunt fur bearing animals year round in the state of Va case dismissed it has since been over turned but it saved my Butt at the time. The game warren was woman if that suits her with out saying anything out of line other then she should have been shot in stead of the bear no disrespect to any other women intended
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Question about Hattfield & McCoys. I've never been there.   Question about Hattfield & McCoys. I've never been there. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:00 am

We had a DNR officer up in Michigan.......total "Richard Skull"......after her partners found her handcuffed to her DNR car....no gun..... gone and her lower articles clothing were down around her ankles.....they thought it best to move her ALL the way across the state before she wound up shot.
Back to top Go down
dixiecop28

dixiecop28

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Question about Hattfield & McCoys. I've never been there.   Question about Hattfield & McCoys. I've never been there. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 4:00 pm

with the guys taking our keys i think we we still kinda in shock. he had asked for our permit papers so we were getting them out of our wallets and that is when he went up to our quads and took our keys. I guess he took them so we would not take off. which people might have ran on him in the past or something. oh well it's in the past and i am not bitter anymore about it. i have more fun in evarts with the ridge runners and at WTOP with the Holler Crawlers anyways. Looking forward to ridding with you guys too as soon as i get a side x side.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohiopuddlejumpers.com
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Question about Hattfield & McCoys. I've never been there.   Question about Hattfield & McCoys. I've never been there. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 7:00 pm

I know most dont agree with my way of thinking but the below is how i feel for the sole purpose of protecting all riders. The more injuries the public hears about, the more they want to shut our sport down.

Im all for the rules......... helmets, goggles, gloves, long pants and long sleeves if you are on a quad but in a SxS I think a helmet and goggles or windsheild should be fine. And no alcohol on any trail at any time.

My feelings about the rules dont mean that I wont ride with you if you choose to have a drink, or not wear the safety gear, it just means that I reserve the right to leave you at anytime during the ride if you make me feel as if you are a danger to yourself or my family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Hattfield & McCoys. I've never been there.   Question about Hattfield & McCoys. I've never been there. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about Hattfield & McCoys. I've never been there.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2