SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE

Go down 
+9
cajuncoot
Big-R
Dirt Chic
wvyankee2
AIRBORNE
DirtDawber
Rhino Rob
Clayboy
ClayW
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE Empty
PostSubject: Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE   Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:14 pm

Well guys I got the living crap scared outa me Friday after noon. I had been out in the broad ass sun working on my Jet Ski's and trailer. Temp was 107 in the sun on the concrete. I was out there for about 3hrs. Not over doing it at all. I thought.... Well all of a sudden I started blacking out and getting dizzy as hell. I was able to make it over to the fence and fall to the ground. Where I sat and did not move for 30 minutes. Felt nautious as hell and dizzy. Wife drives up and flips out. So I manage to get in the house and shower to cool off. I was big time over heated. I stayed in the bed until this morning (SUN). Thought I was going to need to go to the hospital yesterday... Kept throwing up liquids. Stayed dizzy as hell all day yesteday. Bad Headache too... Let this be a reminder to all of us to not over do it out in this heat. Scared the hell out of me.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE   Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:20 pm

Sounds like a close call there man! It would be a good idea to check with your Dr on monday. Good advise for us all to keep in mind. allright
Back to top Go down
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

PostSubject: Re: Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE   Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:27 pm

I think i was border line heat stroke. I plan on getting checked out tommorow. I have over done it before... But not like this...
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE   Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:36 pm

dang clay be careful, i have been ill from the heat but not to that point! good idea on the doc visit, hope you get it taken care of.
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE   Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:38 pm

Wow !! I'm very glad to hear you are ok !!!
I had a friend die of heat stroke about 10 years ago while cutting grass.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE   Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 2:08 pm

Sounds like you should drink more beer, uh water. Hang in there bud!! Hope you get to feeling better
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE   Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 4:02 pm

Yep, heat will get you and when the symptoms show up.......it's too late. pale
Back to top Go down
Dirt Chic
SSXSRider Member
Dirt Chic

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE   Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 7:49 pm

I try to tell hubby not to be cutting grass when it is really hot out, but he doesn't listen to me. Glad to hear you are okay...the heat is very dangerous. The last few days here have actually been on the cool side.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE   Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 7:51 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Yep, heat will get you and when the symptoms show up.......it's too late. pale

Yep, by the time you know it......... splat

Glad your okay buddy!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE   Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:45 am

Damn dude, hope everything checks out OK.! Drink plenty of fluids in the heat, we do a couple of outdoor events each summer for the ohio dept of nat. resources, and our big guy ( makes gunny look like a puppy ) got hit with it 2 summers ago, lucky he didnt go down we got him to a bench , wet toweled him and got the squad there in 3 minutes, they overnighted him at the hospital with I.V. he was still not up to par for about a week . be careful guys and get better clay w hate to lose a good LSU fan need all the help i can get here! GEAUX TIGERS !!
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE   Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:01 am

Let us know what the Dr. said Clay......good to hear that you're ok!...You'll probably feel under the weather for a few days.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE   Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 4:56 pm

Ya Clay thats a bad deal...... affraid
I would keep plenty of water with you
in this kind of heat.... allright

Like everyone said you still need to get checked out.
Back to top Go down
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

PostSubject: Re: Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE   Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 9:57 pm

Well I'm doing much better. Still have a mild headache. Break out in odd cold sweats, but doing much better. I apparently was Very close to heat stroke. Should have gone in to the E.R and gotten an I.V. But I didnt.... I have been eating Bananas, + drinking Gatorade and Orange Juice since Saturday. Was told to keep it up... Should be ok by this weekend.

I have NEVER been so scared in my life. EVER. I was so close to blacking out multiple times. Dont let this sneak up on you guys. 2.5 hrs in 90+ degree temps... on concrete did it to me.

I was on vacation the week prior. At the beach and in the sun all week. Drinking Margaritas etc... Got home on a Saturday, went riding my Jet Ski Sunday at the lake. Went and shot Skeet for 5hrs on Wednesday then this hit Friday. I think the heat did it, but I was prob not fully hydrated.... Eiter way..... I will not allow this to happen again. It is for the freaking birds.

Thanks for the concern guys. Just dont let it happen to you. allright
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE   Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 10:45 pm

Glad your feeling better man!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring those damn skis to the house, we'll fix-em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
CaptMorgansgirl
SSXSRider Member
CaptMorgansgirl

Number of posts : 1573
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE   Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 10:58 pm

I am glad you are feeling better!
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE   Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:06 pm

cheers Good to hear that you are feeling better ClayW woo hoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE   Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE Empty

Back to top Go down

Heat Exhaustion/Heat Stroke is NO JOKE
Page 1 of 1