SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alternator/battery ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
longbeardmedic

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Alternator/battery ? Empty
PostSubject: Alternator/battery ?   Alternator/battery ? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 5:16 pm

i am new to this forum & was told yall mite could help. Im thinkin bout goin 2 a dual battery system to support winch, radio & lites, etc.< but dont kno what to do. some say say get the alternator kit from utvcrap.com but i was considering doing duals with a warn dual battery isolator & an odyssey battery. But im unsure bout the stock alternator and its specifications.. the guys at warn say i have to have a isolator that the ouptut exceeds that of the alternator amp output. didnt kno if yall had any ideas or input. thanks alot in advance. Chad
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Alternator/battery ?   Alternator/battery ? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:48 pm

Yah all you need is a isolator. It is like a check valve. You will run all your extra stuff off the second battery. The isolator will not let the main battery get low or go dead. This way you will still have battery to start your ride. If the main battery is full charged then the isolator will allow the second battery to begin to charge. Main thing is the main battery will not be running anything but the engine and stock lights. Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Alternator/battery ?   Alternator/battery ? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:10 pm

Get a battery switch from West-marine. What machine?? Stator output is different from one to another.

Alternator/battery ? 5prddd
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Alternator/battery ?   Alternator/battery ? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 1:00 am

I dont know what anyone would want a switch for. That will not automatically change from charging on battery to another. I will not automatically isolate your main battery either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
KJSmith84

KJSmith84

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Alternator/battery ?   Alternator/battery ? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 12:26 pm

glad you made it over here- like a said- they will know more about winches here then the other site.

i would also look into a BATTERY SEPARATOR - i used a surepower 1314. worked awesome for a scond battery for the rhino.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternator/battery ?   Alternator/battery ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Alternator/battery ?
Page 1 of 1