SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Badride's RZR S project

Go down 
+17
Foxfire
roamerr
AIRBORNE
cajuncoot
nocerisdave
Bigg Bubba
Smith700
Sporto
ChrisC
moto92
mason
wvyankee2
ridepate
GunRunner
Mud-and-Guts
Big-R
Badride
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 8:14 am

Badride wrote:
I got my braces/gussets, axles, tie rods & ends but the battery is down on my camera and I can't find the charger. Mad

Your just a tease............ bootyshake
Back to top Go down
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 8:45 am

Yeah, I know, but I just ordered two changers for my camera battery, one 120V & a 12V, hope to have them in a couple of days. I had an extra battery but it wasn't charged. Embarassed Embarassed

After taking all the plastic off of it I am thinking about putting a little more support in under it. These things are not as well built as I had thought. I may end up selling the doors and making something myself. I love the looks of them but I just don't forsee them lasting very long having to hold up to how/where I will ride. I will probably have something not quite as high but permanetly mounted with 1-1/2, 095 wall tubing behind it. I know it will be a pain to get in but I have a few several SXSs have problems there.

I am selling the Stock RZR S seats, tie rods & ends and radiator also. I will put everything I am taking off in the for sale section.

Last edited by Badride on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:28 pm

what are you going to do about the seats?some better beard seats or something
Back to top Go down
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 7:55 am

I bought Twisted Stitch seats. The guys at UTV crap said by using them and their brackets I would be 2" lower than the stock seats. That would be perfect! They also said my billet front hubs would be here next Tuesday, the rears are still a couple of weeks out.

http://www.utvcrap.com/product_info.php?cPath=529_564&products_id=3284

I removed the rest of the front end and bumper last night. I also removed the radiator. I will make some pictures of it and the new one hopefully in a couple of days. Just as soon as my chargers arrive for the camera battery. I will put the new hardened aluminum cage in the front diff Monday (with pictures). I really hope to have this thing back running in a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:03 am

What does the Girl friend think about having her buggy down for that long? roflmao ownedsm
Back to top Go down
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:19 am

I wasn't aware she had one. I guess I will have to check on that.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 1:41 pm

Badride wrote:
I wasn't aware she had one. I guess I will have to check on that.

roflmao You guys obviously dont know badride, He might share his toys, but there is no doubt who's toys they are thatsright lol!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 2:00 pm

Of course I share my toys. Heck, I haven't even slept in my new camper since I bought it over a year ago. But one of my friends stays there every weekend in the winter. But, I may end up selling it if this deal I am working on goes through.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 2:35 pm

Well im surprised you have time to build any thing with your other hobby as a Broadway dancer thatsright

Send your own ElfYourself eCards
Back to top Go down
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 2:58 pm

Well, I guess I am just very good at time management.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Badride wrote:
Well, I guess I am just very good at time management.

LMAO!
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

Number of posts : 343

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:39 pm

SHE CAN RIDE THE CAN OF YAMS(CAN AM) BETTER THEN MOST
MEN... SHE CAN RIDE ANY ONE SHE WANTS TO... LOL
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:41 pm

THAT WAS GOOD GUNNY.... ROGER LOOKED GOOD
IN THEM TIGHTS......
Back to top Go down
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:15 am

Here is a picture of the bones before installation.
[url=https://2img.net/h/i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh262/Badrides-photos/34%20Chevy/DSC02013.jpg]Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 DSC02013

and after
Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 DSC02018

Putting a little grease on them really helped making it easy. Just a note, if you plan to put these on yours, PLEASE...... CLEAN THE INSIDE OF THE TUBES FIRST!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me, you want the inside as clean as possible.

Here is one, I think I was falling at the time, of the extra braces on the upper A-arm brackets. You can also see the braces in the background that support other parts of the frame.
Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 DSC02021

Another view of the upper A-arm brackets.

Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 DSC02019
Back to top Go down
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:19 am

Front cage supports.

Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 DSC02009

Front lift kit. And the shiny little thing in the background with the red ring on it goes on later.

Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 DSC02010

I hope to finish the front end supports tonight and maybe get started on the turbo.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:23 am

lookin saweeet!!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:31 am

Looking good. What exactly do the bones do?
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:54 am

Looks like your getting ready for Armageddon lol! just what do you intend to do with this thing, jump the snake river canyon????
Back to top Go down
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:55 am

Airborne LT wrote:
Looking good. What exactly do the bones do?

The strengthen the long sections of tubing where the a-arms are connected to the frame. There are 2o for the front and 4 for the rear.
Back to top Go down
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 10:03 am

GunRunner wrote:
Looks like your getting ready for Armageddon lol! just what do you intend to do with this thing, jump the snake river canyon????

No, it is just that when I broke my frame on the Outlander under the seat, the factory reps said it couldn't have been done without wrecking it and they wouldn't fix it under warranty. Then, I find out that the GNCC racers were breaking theirs. They didn't advertise it because Can Am was giving them bikes. Then, I broke the frame on the 07 Renegade in the same place. Can Am said they wouldn't fix it either. I decided on my new 2010 to reinforce it before I ever put it in the woods. Bopp Racing sells a kit to do it but I already know where they are weak and I have a plazma cutter so I can cut out whatever I need. I just figure I would reinforce the RZR before I started breaking it. I have found that it is much better to brace things up before they break, not after.
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 10:45 am

All I can say is: WOW!

That is gonna be one really custom Rzr. With all of the work you are doing I would expect you to ride the shitz out of it when complete. You must be doing alot of jumping.
Back to top Go down
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 11:07 am

roamerr wrote:
All I can say is: WOW!

That is gonna be one really custom Rzr. With all of the work you are doing I would expect you to ride the shitz out of it when complete. You must be doing alot of jumping.

It should have about double the horse power than stock with the turbo. That added HP makes the trees come at you a lot faster than before. Yeah, I plan to ride the shitz out of it as soon as I get it back together. I hope I can have it back together in a couple of weeks depending on when the rest of the parts get here. I got the beadlocks Friday and the power steering and the front diff aluminum cage yesterday. But I am still waiting on the seats/brackets, steering stem bearings, stero system and HID lights. I still have to install the turbo, install new axles, make the new doors, modify the roll cage, and install the skid plates. I really want this thing finished but I just can't make myself stay home on the weekends. I have to ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't be jumping any big jumps, just a some water brakes but nothing serious. I just know what happens when you ride fast at Windrock and I am trying my best to prevent breakage later on. Also, some of it is so that when, not if, I do wreck I won't get hurt and there will be not so much damage to the Razor.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:41 pm

Damn Bad. You are living up to your name for sure Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 778176
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 12:30 am

..... IF YOU ONLY KNEW....... roflmao
Back to top Go down
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:43 am

I removed the rear axles and A-arms, welded in the rear braces. The braces could probably have been put in without removing all that but I have to replace the axles with Summer Brothers and the stock swing arm bushings with delrin bushings anyway. Also, I have to drill out the swing arm frame mounts to accept the weld-in inserts.
Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 DSC02026

Installed the "bones" in the rear. More to come tomorrow I hope.

Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 DSC02024
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Badride's RZR S project   Badride's RZR S project - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Badride's RZR S project
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next